Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Field trip to restaurant supply store

<< < (2/2)

Bogie:
Some of the stuff they are pretty good on. Other, I suspect that they are more selling convenience. The Depot place has a HUGE meat section. Next trip is stuff like sausage...

French G.:

--- Quote from: K Frame on August 04, 2022, 06:48:59 AM ---Their prices aren't great, either.

I can get the Rao's pasta sauce (which is a VERY GOOD pasta sauce) at my local grocery for $8 and change, or I could go to the local warehouse store and get it for $5 and change.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I am addicted to $8 pasta sauce. Tried Michaels of New York brand and it was good but even more expensive. Wish I could make my own as good, but I cannot.

Big Hairy Bee:
Restaurant Depot doesn't require being in the food business anymore?  I used to have a membership because my school was a 503something and I taught cooking skills in my Montessori class.

Bogie:
They signs say so, but they seem to like money...

HankB:

--- Quote from: Bogie on August 04, 2022, 09:46:22 PM ---They signs say so, but they seem to like money...

--- End quote ---
Sort of like Grainger for industrial tools and components - they say they sell to "companies" (and they do) but I've never had them turn down my money.

Some of the prices at the restaurantdepot look pretty good . . . others don't beat local supermarkets, especially during a sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version