Author Topic: The story of Wah Chang  (Read 275 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
The story of Wah Chang
« on: August 28, 2022, 11:02:05 AM »
Long uncredited creator of many props used on Star Trek and other TV shows as well as several big movies.
First half of the video is on his role in creating many famous Star Trek props while the second half is on his life and his work in movies and his fight with racism and polio. 

Of particular note is his fight with Hollywood unions who at first complained about him working on the Star Trek set because he was not a member of the union then them refusing his application because he was "too skilled"  :O
Also note how his name was left off both the called out list of names at the Oscars and off the Oscar itself the effects team he was on won for The Time Machine.  :facepalm:

The Amazing Story of Wah Chang, the Creator of the Romulan Bird of Prey Studio Model
https://youtu.be/Na35jQd3c3M
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 11:42:37 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: The story of Wah Chang
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 02:03:59 PM »
Interesting story, thanks for the link.

And after reading that story, my regard for unions - already in the cellar - actually got just a little bit lower.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain