Author Topic: Vegas clerk stabs robber ( self defense video audio )  (Read 2474 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Vegas clerk stabs robber ( self defense video audio )
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2022, 09:31:04 AM »
And of course the lawyer is screeching they were unarmed.

Attorney Carolina Griffin who represents the teen who remained at the door said there was no indication any of the teens had weapons.  “…especially my client: no guns, no knives, nothing of the sort, but unfortunately, things happened the way that they did,” she said.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 09:43:42 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2022, 10:46:36 AM »
And of course the lawyer is screeching they were unarmed.

Immaterial.  At that level of aggressive behavior, unless you have x-ray vision or mind-reading capability, you must assume the worst.

As they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

And, dear Ms. Attorney, as Dirty Harry* once said,  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross."

Terry

*Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2022, 12:44:15 PM »
We don;t know yet, but perhaps the shop owner could not have a gun.

He’s said in interviews that he’s going to get a gun after that experience.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2022, 05:46:13 PM »
If you can reach their temple for a carefully planned blow, they can do bad things to you without all that careful planning.

I may buy some bear spray for the store. Wasp spray has a reputation, but it is sort of overblown.

Right now? There's a few tools around. Things like 1/2" breaker bars...
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2022, 06:57:26 PM »

Yeah. A 1/2" click-release torque wrench might be a bit longer, but using it as a club might upset the calibration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2022, 07:06:08 PM »
Yeah. A 1/2" click-release torque wrench might be a bit longer, but using it as a club might upset the calibration.

It's still new and has a warranty.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2022, 05:01:55 AM »
If you can reach their temple for a carefully planned blow, they can do bad things to you without all that careful planning.

I may buy some bear spray for the store. Wasp spray has a reputation, but it is sort of overblown.

Only use wasp spray if they are bugging you, actually - do not use it-illegal under federal law and you have many options available .
bear spray is a fog, it will fog up the entire store - use a streaming sort of pepper spray. bear spray is great for outdoors/wind going away from you.
I've gotten blowback using it, no fun. 
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2022, 12:25:00 PM »
If you can reach their temple for a carefully planned blow, they can do bad things to you without all that careful planning

Which is why a face-full of OC spray would be my first move.  I'm just saying that you can use a folding knife in more than one way.  If I feel threatened enough to deploy the blade, then I will, fully recognizing that I'm unambiguously escalating to lethal force.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2022, 01:31:39 PM »
Only use wasp spray if they are bugging you, actually - do not use it-illegal under federal law and you have many options available .
bear spray is a fog, it will fog up the entire store - use a streaming sort of pepper spray. bear spray is great for outdoors/wind going away from you.

I have had people sprayed with pepper spray by the police in the ER. They got right into their face and gave a squirt of the streaming type directly into the eyes. It usually calms the person down but you still would get the smell and minor effects of the spray throughout the ER. I would hate to see them use a fog in an enclosed space.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2022, 02:47:37 PM »

Actually, most bear sprays are a cone pattern, which is a hybrid between a stream and a fogger. You can't get a 35-foot range from a fogger.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/outdoor-gear/best-bear-sprays/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2022, 07:52:53 PM »
Actually, most bear sprays are a cone pattern, which is a hybrid between a stream and a fogger. You can't get a 35-foot range from a fogger.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/outdoor-gear/best-bear-sprays/

ah yes, you're quite correct, I couldn't articulate what I wanted to describe ... I used it a bunch when I lived in San Francisco...it really did look like a cone
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2022, 05:41:10 AM »
I can tell you from experience that if you cut loose with that hybrid cone spray in an enclosed space, everyone in there is out of the fight. An auto parts store may be big enough to not get everyone,  but my mom ND'd bear spray in our living room and it cleared the first floor of the house till the fog settled enough to go back in and clean up.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2022, 06:55:28 AM »
Back when I worked for the gun store we had an idiot customer who let loose with a pepper spray in the store.

It wasn't a particularly powerful one or all that good, but it still made it quite unpleasant to be there for quite awhile.

I coughed so hard was coughing up blood because my throat was so irritated.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.