Author Topic: Vegas clerk stabs robber ( self defense video audio )  (Read 2471 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Vegas clerk stabs robber ( self defense video audio )
« on: August 06, 2022, 11:42:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCu4G_ZkBI0
  the fight was over quick, around 30 seconds in, the robber realizes his wounds could be or are fatal.
I have not been able to find out if the robber lived, but the way the clerk was dragging him and his inability to get up off the floor indicates a fatality.
the robbers seemed to be high school kids expecting the clerk to just cooperate.
"no honor among thieves" the other robbers didn't try to rescue or help their partner - I thought it was two but there was a door guy too.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
Re: Vegas clerk stabs robber ( self defense video audio )
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 12:04:12 PM »
News report of same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7puHMoeVM

"A" grade for the clerk.
"F" grade for the newswoman who offered victimization acceptance advice she apparently got from the police.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 12:48:09 PM by BobR »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 12:41:05 PM »
Correct on dummying up.  Let the tapes speak.

That first link "Does not exist," and in my normally suspicious (paranoid) nature, I wonder if something non-PC has been cleansed.

"Oh, we can't have them seeing that."

What was on it?

And I wonder it the knife was registered and if he had a permit for it.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 12:44:35 PM »
Correct on dummying up.  Let the tapes speak.

That first link "Does not exist," and in my normally suspicious (paranoid) nature, I wonder if something non-PC has been cleansed.

"Oh, we can't have them seeing that."

What was on it?

And I wonder it the knife was registered and if he had a permit for it.

Pretty much the same as all of the other videos. I removed it from the post and put in one I hope works.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »
The clerk is another awesome example of self defense. He looks trained. He let the scumbags take things without interfering, and only acted once the counter was jumped. I suppose in NYC he would still be arrested for attempted murder, but anywhere else, including Vegas, he'd better get a damn medal.

The only way all this damn increased crime stops is if more people face the consequences of their actions that this scumbag did. Legal repercussions mean zero anymore, because they are just a slap on the hand, if that. The hospital or the cemetery are better lessons.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 01:06:54 PM »
The clerk is another awesome example of self defense. He looks trained. He let the scumbags take things without interfering, and only acted once the counter was jumped. I suppose in NYC he would still be arrested for attempted murder, but anywhere else, including Vegas, he'd better get a damn medal.

The only way all this damn increased crime stops is if more people face the consequences of their actions that this scumbag did. Legal repercussions mean zero anymore, because they are just a slap on the hand, if that. The hospital or the cemetery are better lessons.

When you watch the video pay attention to the way the the clerk strikes move to different parts of the body. His left hand directs the body to move in an away direction. Also it was the last stab to the center back of the counter jumper when he went limp, that is why I think there may be some spinal cord involvement. Pretty much the way you want to stab people if you have to resort to that. The clerk has said he will look into other methods of self defense to protect himself and the store.

bob

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 01:11:47 PM »
yup, clerk should clam up, say nothing to unfriendly media.

if kid lives, yeah, could be serious spinal injury .

I hope they catch the others
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 01:57:28 PM »
Where did he get the knife?

And... I have a LOT of Vietnamese in my neighborhood... Good people.
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »
Okay - looks like it was a fairly large folder. Possibly switchblade or assisted opening...

Time to go look at longer Kershaws... My EDC is closer to a skinning profile than a toothpick profile...
Blog under construction

BobR

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 02:10:26 PM »
Okay - looks like it was a fairly large folder. Possibly switchblade or assisted opening...

Time to go look at longer Kershaws... My EDC is closer to a skinning profile than a toothpick profile...

Look at this video. He had the knife on the side of the cash register (about the 20 second mark). It looks like a folder. Not really much more than most EDC types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfJQFHGrBwI

bob

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 02:50:10 PM »
Because of VA/Govt property rules, I keep my pocket knife blades < 3"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 01:14:56 AM »
I noticed his right hand hanging around next to the register in that reddish light.  I thought it was clear he actually picked up the knife just as the scum jumped over the counter.

Re-watching it, it gave me the impression he was manipulating the knife in there before the jump-over.

As far as I'm concerned, that jump over the counter was the equivalent of a home invasion.

Terry

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 08:33:29 AM »
Well, all I've got to say is that was very one-sided fight.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 10:21:33 AM »
Never bring a spinal cord to a knife fight.

OK, OK, that was awful.  =(

Well, all I've got to say is that was very one-sided fight.

I would call it preemptive self defense.  If somebody's willing to jump over the counter, one must assume he's willing to do other things which threaten severe bodily damage or death.  I've likened it in an earlier post to a home invasion.  I agree he deserves a medal.

I wonder if that "I'm dead, I'm dead" was a result of the tingling sensation when a nerve is cut.  I agree he seemed to go limp.

Any updates on the counter-jumper's condition?

If he survives in a disabled condition, I hope he makes a bundle of money lecturing about the stupidity of going along with the criminal intent of your "friends" and to learn to separate yourself from such influences and dumb *expletive deleted*ing peer pressure.

That's what I hope.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:42:11 AM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2022, 11:22:50 AM »
I applaud the store owner's cleansing of the gene pool, but I hope "the department" doesn't take a close look at that video. It appeared to me that the robber who jumped the counter was going for a grab of some product on the shelves, not posing an immediate threat to the owner. The robber was not (that I could see) displaying any weapons. I hope that won't be a problem in Las Vegas, but I'm sure in New York or many other, more woke cities, the store owner would have been arrested and charged.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2022, 11:33:06 AM »
I applaud the store owner's cleansing of the gene pool, but I hope "the department" doesn't take a close look at that video.

You can assume that anything you can see online has been viewed by the entire department.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 01:26:00 PM »
You can assume that anything you can see online has been viewed by the entire department.

I am quite certain of that. But that doesn't tell us how closely they looked at it, or what they were looking for when they viewed it.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 02:36:44 PM »
Hawkmoon remarked,

"It appeared to me that the robber who jumped the counter was going for a grab of some product on the shelves, not posing an immediate threat to the owner. "

Key here:  "It appeared to me"  sitting at my desk watching the video with a cup of coffee and able to back up and watch it again and again.

I still say, that counter-jumping was the equivalent of a home invasion and introduced reasonable fear of..."

And you didn't have three toughs in ski masks in your living room.

You can pickety nickety all you want, I can not think of anything but justifiable defense on the part of the storekeeper to stop the threat, and to make multiple thrusts with a knife.

Sort of like the double-taps taught in firearms defense use.

And the advice of the PD is plain obligatory boiler plate bulla cheeta.  Remember the principle:  "Leave no witnesses, dead people can't testify."

That advice by the PD only encourages similar activities in future by similar scumbags.

So there. I said it and I ain't takin' it back.

Terry, 230RN

PS.  You will also notice the guy who went around to the right side in what might be considered an attempt to surround the victim.  SOP.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 03:10:45 PM by 230RN »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »

I would call it preemptive self defense. 

Oh, it is self defense.  No critism of the stabber.  I was just trying to say the robber was pretty pathetic here.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2022, 03:40:08 PM »
  oh, I am willing to bet some transbinary tennis shoe sniffer down in Vegas P.D/prosecutors office   ( who did such a stellar job losing Paddock's hard drive in the Vegas country music massacre )
 Wanted to charge the store owner with something.

it is clear that the robber is a dumb kid camouflaged as a serious threat, he only managed to throw one punch and gave up pretty quickly.
 The neck/spinal cord severing was a coup de tat , unnecessary,  he really already won the fight .

Unlikely a NV jury would convict though, Wayne Burgarello up here in Sparks NV, owned an empty derelict looking house.
 Crack heads used it as a place to smoke and sleep . Wayne Burgarello got tired of the mess and walked in on a couple sleeping on the floor and opened fire. the couple was no threat at all, sleeping.
 They prosecuted him, he prevailed .
The rest of the state considers Vegas to be L.A east, a lost cause, it's totally blue and very corrupt  ( it is clear that the local sheriff stole the gubernatorial primary from a real populist conservative )

Jumping over the counter sealed the kids fate.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »
Active Self Protection weighs in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Puk9Jv0-Gk

Apparently the clerk/shop-owner did an "ask me anything" on Reddit about the incident.   :facepalm:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2022, 04:20:59 PM »
It looks to me like he did everything exactly right during the incident.  It's a 90-second master class in self defense.  I wonder if he has military H2H combat training, or maybe martial arts training.  He *really* needs to shut up now.  Maybe he can run his mouth after a grand jury no-bills him, but IMHO not until then.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2022, 04:48:04 PM »
It looks to me like he did everything exactly right during the incident.  It's a 90-second master class in self defense.  I wonder if he has military H2H combat training, or maybe martial arts training.  He *really* needs to shut up now.  Maybe he can run his mouth after a grand jury no-bills him, but IMHO not until then.

Locally it is being said that he has said he has had no training other than playing video games. No military or other training. He did an ask me anything on Reddit about this. While his SD instincts may be good his after action behavior tells me he is somewhat naive.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2022, 05:33:58 PM »
Active Self Protection weighs in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Puk9Jv0-Gk

Apparently the clerk/shop-owner did an "ask me anything" on Reddit about the incident.   :facepalm:

Looks like John Correia agrees with me about the shop owner's use of deadly force.

For the shop owner's sake, I hope the DA doesn't push it.