Author Topic: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI  (Read 16042 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI
« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2022, 09:03:24 AM »
Oh, they'll charge him with SOMETHING, even if the charge is bogus and will end up being tossed, at which point the narrative will become "A judge let him off on a technicality - Orange Man Bad!"  The screams will become even louder if the charges are tossed by a Trump-appointed judge.

Charges will be timed for maximum political damage before the election. This is all banana-republic style electioneering.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #351 on: September 05, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »
A federal judge has granted Trump's request for a special master to review the items taken by the FBI from his Mar-a-Lago residence.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/special-master-fbi-mar-a-lago/2022/09/05/id/1086047/

https://www.oann.com/judge-grants-trump-request-for-special-master/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #352 on: September 05, 2022, 03:29:18 PM »
Have the "Third Party Independent" folks the government appoints to Trump related things been good for Trump in the past?  It seems like all the special prosecutors or special councils that he got while Congress was digging ended up doing more harm than good, but I confess I probably don't know all of them.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #353 on: September 05, 2022, 04:15:03 PM »
Short list of potential special master appointees
Peter Strzok
Lisa Page
Hillary xlinton
Bill Barr
All certain to be fair and impartial.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #355 on: September 08, 2022, 07:01:20 AM »
Short list of potential special master appointees
Peter Strzok
Lisa Page
Hillary xlinton
Bill Barr
All certain to be fair and impartial.

You forgot Liz Cheney
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #356 on: September 08, 2022, 09:00:52 AM »
You forgot Liz Cheney
Don't leave out Adam Kinzinger and Adam Schiff
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #357 on: September 08, 2022, 10:33:09 AM »
Why not Kathy Griffin?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #358 on: September 09, 2022, 01:00:10 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #359 on: September 09, 2022, 03:37:01 PM »

In the end, it may ultimately boil down to this.  Crazy stuff from the DoJ with regard to Trump lately.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2022, 10:12:46 AM »
I heard on TV that the DOJ is now trying to figure out how to charge Trump . . . because they didn't find incriminating documents they were looking for!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2022, 10:16:39 AM »
I heard on TV that the DOJ is now trying to figure out how to charge Trump . . . because they didn't find incriminating documents they were looking for!
He probably sold them to the Russians!   :mad:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2022, 10:22:45 AM »

I repeat. This is not about Trump, it's about us. It's about what they can get away with when doing this to the little guy who won't make the news when it happens to him. The one who will sit in prison for a year(s) with no bail and no charges. Or who will do whatever they tell him to do, because he can't afford to go bankrupt fighting illegal and false charges.

You have only to look at the 06JAN statements (confessions) of people who were arrested for trespassing whose lives were ruined and who were trying to mitigate the damages to themselves by writing "statements" reminiscent of what the North Vietnamese got from prisoners during that war.

I believe it's why even some left-leaning people are questioning this whole fiasco.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »

Has Sandy Berger visited Mar A Lago recently?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2022, 10:40:02 AM »

The Irish stole it first!  (Reference to the movie Ronin so Terry doesn’t get snippy.)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #366 on: September 10, 2022, 08:05:54 PM »
Biden DOJ Picks Same Special Master Candidate Who Was Behind Giuliani and Toensing Home Raids – Michael Cohen Case — AND DONATES TO DEMOCRATS!
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/doj-picks-special-master-candidate-behind-behind-giuliani-toensing-home-raids-michael-cohen-case/

Does the DOJ pick the "special master" or does the judge? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #367 on: September 11, 2022, 06:58:03 AM »
Biden DOJ Picks Same Special Master Candidate Who Was Behind Giuliani and Toensing Home Raids – Michael Cohen Case — AND DONATES TO DEMOCRATS!
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/doj-picks-special-master-candidate-behind-behind-giuliani-toensing-home-raids-michael-cohen-case/

Does the DOJ pick the "special master" or does the judge?

The judge picks. DOJ and Trumps team each make their own recommendation. The judge may try to get them to agree on someone.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2022, 01:11:42 PM »
I want to see something from the Secret Service. Considering the facility was under their watch, he room in question guarded by them, and the documents in question already known to them and in their care, where do they stand on this whole mess? Either they were in on it, or they weren't.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2022, 01:20:23 PM »
Pretty sure the USSS has a non involvement policy on the people they protect.  They won't watch, notice, or comment on what you do so protectees are less likely to try and ditch them for shady things.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2022, 02:26:11 PM »
Kinda figured that was the case, but it still seems odd. Double odd seeing as that room was specially outfitted for security at the direction of (specific agency I can't remember) and USS security was considered fine until a few months ago. Infers that the DOJ didn't trust them to keep the room and its contents secure. If I were the USSS, I would be pissed.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2022, 02:31:56 PM »
The issue is not that the room was insecure (although it was, by default) the issue is that DJT no longer has Need-To-Know, or indeed authorization to hold ANY US government records, much less classified ones. 

The other issue is, of course, the unprecedented and heavy handed way the .gov went about addressing the first issue.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2022, 09:58:46 PM »
The issue is not that the room was insecure (although it was, by default) the issue is that DJT no longer has Need-To-Know, or indeed authorization to hold ANY US government records, much less classified ones. 

The other issue is, of course, the unprecedented and heavy handed way the .gov went about addressing the first issue.

You don't have access to the necessary information to make that claim, and if you do you just committed your own crime.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2022, 09:16:07 AM »
You don't have access to the necessary information to make that claim, and if you do you just committed your own crime.
;/  No. I didn't.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »
Trump Voters Put Biden Signs In Their Yards So That The FBI Will Pass Over Them
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-voters-put-biden-signs-in-their-yards-so-that-the-fbi-will-pass-over-them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes