Author Topic: Hypocrisy of the "left"  (Read 903 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Hypocrisy of the "left"
« on: August 12, 2022, 09:45:42 AM »
It's not hypocrisy, you're just powerless.

That is all.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
Re: Hypocrisy of the "left"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 10:39:05 AM »
Calling the left out on hypocrisy is pointless.  They don't care.  They believe the ends (a perfect society where everyone is made equal) justifies any means.  They don't care about the rule of law, the constitution, killing unborn children, contrary morality or anything else that hinders them from moving towards their goal.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 11:23:48 AM »
There is no hypocrisy in the naked exercise of power.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 11:31:06 AM »
Calling the left out on hypocrisy is pointless.  They don't care.  They believe the ends (a perfect society where everyone is made equal) justifies any means.  They don't care about the rule of law, the constitution, killing unborn children, contrary morality or anything else that hinders them from moving towards their goal.
QFT.

And the perfect society is always in the future, never the present.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 11:46:59 AM »

And the perfect society is always in the future, never the present.

Sometimes creating the perfect society in the future requires creating a vile craphole of the present.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 12:16:17 PM »
It's not hypocrisy, you're just powerless.
There is no hypocrisy in the naked exercise of power.
I don't follow.  It is still hypocrisy if it is done by someone in power.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 12:22:20 PM »
Sometimes creating the perfect society in the future requires creating a vile craphole of the present.

Omelette ... eggs ... etc.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 01:34:00 PM »
I don't follow.  It is still hypocrisy if it is done by someone in power.

Are they hypocrites if the accumulation of power and the ends justify the means are the foundational principles by which they operate? Aren't they being true to their nature?

They aren't hypocrites so much as they are deceivers and liars. They are operating true to their nature as deceivers and liars.

"But they said blah blah blah and did the opposite" isn't the ruling class being hypocritical, it's them being true to who they are, liars, thieves and worse.

Hypocrisy is a much too mild a term for psycopathic liars and sociopaths. They don't lie just out of weakness or convenience. They are congenital liars who are overtly trying to fool the public.

Calling them hypocrites cuts them too much slack. We're all hypocrites in one manner or another or at one time or another aren't we?

We all aren't psychopaths and sociopaths. The folks at the top have shown themselves for who they are particularly these last two presidential cycles. Power at any cost, punishing dissent, holding the right to its own standards while flaunting all standards. Tyrants aren't hypocrites, they are evil. We are increasingly be ruled by a tyrant class.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 01:49:09 PM »
What definition of hypocrite are you using which excludes intentional, malicious, or extreme hypocrisy?  It is a weird distinction to make, and I'm not sure what is clarified by it.

Are they hypocrites if they believe the accumulation of power and the ends justify the means are the foundational principles by which they operate?
Yes... literally because that's not what they profess to found their doctrine on.

They aren't hypocrites so much as they are deceivers and liars. They are operating true to their nature.
As far as I can tell, deceit and lies are essential and definitional components to hypocrisy.  You can't have hypocrisy without deceit and lies.

Hypocrisy is a much too mild a term for psycopathic liars and sociopaths. They don't lie just out of weakness or convenience. They are congenital liars who are overtly trying to fool the public.
If there is a stronger term for particularly evil and malicious hypocrites then I'm happy to use it as well, but that doesn't mean they aren't hypocrites too.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 01:59:14 PM »
Then rant away about the lefts hypocrisy while obscuring the fact they are psychopaths.

They will gladly wear the mantle of hypocrite. Pointing out the hypocrisy of the left gets you yawns, oh well, big deal everyone is hypocritical about something.

It's like focusing on and continually calling a man who stole a knife a thief and not pointing out he murdered his neighbor with the stolen knife.

The right ranting about the hypocrisy of the left is freaking meme at this point.   

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:25:59 PM by Ron »

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 02:24:12 PM »
They will gladly wear the mantle of hypocrite. Pointing out the hypocrisy of the left gets you yawns, oh well, big deal everyone is hypocritical about something.

It's like focusing on and continually calling a man who stole a knife a thief and not pointing out he murdered his neighbor. 
It would be true to say that labeling the left as hypocrites is often ineffective, incomplete, and doesn't fully cover the enormity of their behavior. Not as pithy, but maybe that is what you meant?

For the record, many on the left do still bristle when their hypocrisy is brought to light.  I think it is often less effective than on the right, although some on the right (including some members here) have adopted the willingness to wear the mantle of hypocrite with pride if it means being more effective in attacking the left.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 02:33:44 PM »
It would be true to say that labeling the left as hypocrites is often ineffective, incomplete, and doesn't fully cover the enormity of their behavior. Not as pithy, but maybe that is what you meant?

Your above synopsis would be accurate.

The triviality of the charge actually obscures the immensity of the problem.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 12:43:58 AM »

I think "traitor" is a more apt description.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 06:56:30 PM »
Then rant away about the lefts hypocrisy while obscuring the fact they are psychopaths.

It's like focusing on and continually calling a man who stole a knife a thief and not pointing out he murdered his neighbor with the stolen knife.

The right ranting about the hypocrisy of the left is freaking meme at this point.   

It's because of the hypocrisy that you have to emphasize both points. Your stolen knife analogy is pretty close, but not close enough. The Left uses a man's knife to murder him, then claims they had to kill him, to take the knife that rightfully belonged to the people. You have to strip away the hypocritical cant about the rights of the people, or the masses won't understand a murder was committed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife