Author Topic: White-Adjacent Privilege  (Read 700 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
White-Adjacent Privilege
« on: August 11, 2022, 01:07:47 PM »
Now we white-adjacent privilege for people who are not white enough to be full blown white... or POC who act white... or something. My head hurts.

Before we speak about things we were not present for. I was the Black woman that was attacked and degraded publicly by this man who used his white-adjacent privilege to over power me and weaponize his formerly incarcerated status to claim victimhood. This is absolutely offensive. https://t.co/YFhfHRqCkt

— Brittany Friedman 🌻 (@CurlyProfessor) August 10, 2022
    UPDATE: Thanks to everyone in the comments who "called me in" for mis-pigmentizing the dude denounced by @CurlyProfessor. He wasn't "white," as I said. He was white *adjacent*—so like, yknow, Armenian. Or Sephardic. Or a Hispanic guy who voted for Trump. @jonkay regrets the error

— Jonathan Kay (@jonkay) August 11, 2022

‘Social-justice rock/paper/scissors’: Having run out of straight white men to blame, SJW creates ‘white-adjacent privilege’ and LOL
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/11/social-justice-rock-paper-scissors-having-run-out-of-straight-white-men-to-blame-sjw-creates-white-adjacent-privilege-and-lol/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: White-Adjacent Privilege
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 04:52:52 PM »
Too many not quite white people are doing just fine and not participating in the race war so they have to label them as the enemy. 

Does this include Asian people or are they still just white?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 05:03:33 PM »
Too many Oreos, too many eggs.

Now I'm hungry
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 05:17:02 PM »
No Bill Thomas, who is a man, can't possibly have male privilege when he's competing against female swimmers. But someone who's a minority can have white-adjacent privilege if they don't think right.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 09:03:33 PM »
Too many not quite white people are doing just fine and not participating in the race war so they have to label them as the enemy. 

Does this include Asian people or are they still just white?

No, they are POTHWCs*

* People Of The Wrong Color
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 08:02:04 PM »
It is easy to get urban blacks to hate Asians, Arabs, and... Africans... They come here, and they become successful.

They do things like open stores in bad neighborhoods, because they can afford the rent, and their whole family works there, when they are not studying.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 07:11:46 PM »
When a leftist cries "RACISM" it's a code word for "I lost this argument, you big meanie!"

It's harder to cry "RACISM" when various POC's are disagreeing with the lefties, but since that's their ONLY default response, they're trying to modify it.

"Larry Elder is the Black face of White supremacy"

"White Adjacent Privilege"

It's not working - the general responses I've heard tend to vary between  :facepalm:   and     :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 10:49:02 PM »
So is "White* adjacent privilege" the new buzz word for "Uncle Tom"?

* If they insist on capitalizing "Black," then "White" gets equal treatment. If they want whites to be spelled with a lower-case 'w,' then "black" gets spelled with a lower-case 'b.'
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 11:28:08 PM »
That's cute.

Now form an orderly line and get on the nice helicopter,  10000 AGL over the lake shouldn't take long..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.