Author Topic: Message For Anyone Pushing Gun Control  (Read 777 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Message For Anyone Pushing Gun Control
« on: August 13, 2022, 11:36:46 AM »
Put this in the proper perspective. The Second Added Article to the Constitution - AKA the Second Amendment - prohibits government to infringe upon the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms. All the reasoning, all the attempts to redefine what an arm is, all the fallacious arguments regarding what the Founding Fathers meant or intended, is immaterial. The down to Earth plain as day intent is codified in the very words that comprise the Second Amendment: "...shall not be infringed."

The definition of the word "arms" at the time the Constitution and the Second Amendment was established, ordained, and ratified is as simple as it gets. The pertinent definition of the word "arms" at that time - and today as well - is: weapons of offense or armor of defence. (Johnson's Dictionary of the English Language - Published 1755). Ergo, any and all this "discussion" belongs in nothing less than a Constitutional Convention. It has no relevance regarding so-called 'gun control', 'safety', or what-have-you. Any act of any legislature limiting or prohibiting any law abiding citizen from keeping and/or bearing arms is unconstitutional. Any refusal to repeal any such unconstitutional law is as despotic as passing such law.

Reasoning such as "in common use" is irrelevant. Limiting caliber is not allowed. Destructive device has no meaning regarding arms. Limiting rifle or shotgun barrel length is not allowed. How an arm functions is irrelevant. There are no such exceptions in the Constitution's Second Added Article.

Even if the Second Amendment is altered or repealed, We the People will still have the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It is God given. We were created with the ability to engineer our self defense since we cannot outrun animals that would eat us, we have no claws, no fangs, no poison, no hard shell, no wings, we can't change color to blend in with the environment, etc., etc., etc. Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms is also our defense against tyranny, slavery, despotism, rape, pillaging, looting, and anything else that would infringe upon our lives, our freedom, and our prosperity.

Keep the foregoing in mind and repeat it to those who would infringe upon our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Let them know that even if their stated intent is for a supposed good or safety, that even if it is not their intent to subjugate us, disarming us or limiting our arms will make us vulnerable to any and all who would conquer and enslave us, steal our land, and our prosperity. Making us vulnerable is just as despotic as taking us for themselves.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Message For Anyone Pushing Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 01:00:08 PM »
May I please quote you sir? How would you like to be cited? "Woody", "A Forum Friend", "Some Idiot On The Internet"?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 01:18:03 PM »
I hold the rights to the last one
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 01:20:43 PM »

You and an infinite number of others. You should organize, it could be a force that would make governments cower in fear.  :rofl:

bob
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 04:45:53 PM by BobR »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 04:18:47 PM »

Imposter!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 05:20:22 PM »
May I please quote you sir? How would you like to be cited? "Woody", "A Forum Friend", "Some Idiot On The Internet"?

Yes. Cite me as Bruce "Woody" Wood from Oklahoma.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 07:58:54 PM »
In the 19th century there were actually a lot of court cases over what weapons Americans had a right to own.  These mainly involved state level RKBA provisions, as the Second was not applied to the states by most courts.

Some courts (a minority) said all weapons are protected.

All courts said military weapons are protected.  This was actually the position taken by the court in Us v. Miller also.

Here is a journal article on the topic by Kopel:

https://digitalcommons.law.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2825&context=lawreview

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 08:03:47 PM »
The problem is that the left WANTS us to argue over the meaning of words and sentences.
Blog under construction

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 09:43:52 PM »
The problem is that the left WANTS us to argue over the meaning of words and sentences.

And not just for guns.

Stand strong on the RKBA and all else will fall in line. If we stand strong on the Constitution and all our rights, the left cannot win even with an out and out war so long as We the People are armed.

Woody

JN01

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 11:45:29 PM »
The leftist traitors in California and New York have proven they have no regard for the Constitution at all.  Rather than complying with the recent SCOTUS ruling on the 2A, they have passed new laws creating a defacto ban on concealed carry.  Not a peep from the Justice Department about it, but they were quickly into action trying to interfere with states now constitutional abortion restrictions.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 02:27:27 PM »
Like I said when they issued their decision - The made their ruling, now let's see them enforce it.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams