Author Topic: Trumps massive corruption  (Read 761 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Trumps massive corruption
« on: August 19, 2022, 05:42:40 PM »
Would someone please clarify what this massive corruption of which he is guilty? I'm not exactly happy with President Warp Speed myself but I would have thought massive corruption would be on my radar.

I've seen a couple/few reference it here, in the media and this seems to be something that we will hear more often the way it's going.

Here is a quote and an article about the latest from the fool Sam Harris.

The author argued that social media giants censoring the Hunter Biden laptop story weeks before the election was “a left-wing conspiracy to deny the presidency to Donald Trump,” which was “warranted” to help Joe Biden defeat Trump.

“Hunter Biden literally could have had the corpses of children in his basement (on his laptop),” said Harris. “I would not have cared.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sam-harris-offers-feeble-clarification-after-bizarre-comments-about-trump
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Trumps massive corruption
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 05:49:50 PM »
In the podcast he mentioned Trump University.  Which I guess was a for profit training school for real estate that operated much like the time share industry in terms of high pressure sales tactics and questionable business practices.  Was he corrupt in that, or just a skeevy businessman?  He eventually settled lawsuits over it after winning the 2016 election.

As far as corruption goes, if it even qualifies for such, would at best be bush league levels of corruption.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:30:47 PM »
In the podcast he mentioned Trump University.  Which I guess was a for profit training school for real estate that operated much like the time share industry in terms of high pressure sales tactics and questionable business practices.  Was he corrupt in that, or just a skeevy businessman?  He eventually settled lawsuits over it after winning the 2016 election.

As far as corruption goes, if it even qualifies for such, would at best be bush league levels of corruption.
The very best spin you can put on that issue is he allowed his brand to get sullied by not protecting the most important thing he has, the Trump brand. From what I've read about it some folks derived value but many felt they were scammed. Knowing the way Trump operates he was probably using it as an HR hiring fair and if you didn't meet his criteria, too bad sucker.

High end New York (actually any) real-estate is a who you know, what can you do for me and show me the money world. 

I figured he was an American gangster, not a globalist gangster.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 10:41:39 PM »
My impression is that some of these people believe everything Trump has ever been accused of is all absolutely true even if much has been discredited or disproven. 

No why they then think the corruption of other politicians in D.C. is somehow better or negligible, I have no idea.  Just partisan BS I think. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 06:54:39 AM »
Trump wasn't a career government bureaucrat, so they HAVE to destroy him. The interesting thing is that pretty much everything, the only things, they have must be blown completely out of proportion to even be mentioned...

I figure he'll get charged with jaywalking soon.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 08:54:59 AM »
Trump is so corrupt he covered up all evidence of wrongdoing so completely that no actual evidence was presented in TWO impeachment procedures, one after he actually left office!

Absence of evidence is absolute proof of a cover up!

And when accused by the media of the worst actions, he failed to apologize for things he didn't do and which they couldn't prove!

And the mean tweets! Don't forget the mean tweets! Orange man bad! Orange man bad!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 12:07:08 PM »
Years ago I figured Trump was crooked.  I was shocked at how nobody has been able to get him on anything of substance.  I think now that he is a basically law-abiding person.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 01:46:32 PM »
Years ago I figured Trump was crooked.  I was shocked at how nobody has been able to get him on anything of substance.  I think now that he is a basically law-abiding person.

2016 I figured it was, as Larry Correa put it, a choice between the lying huckster or the criminal fraudster.  I was pretty convinced Trump, if he somehow beat HRC, would, at best, govern like a NY liberal, and would probably be unimaginably corrupt.  Instead he did more to advance conservatism than W, HW, and Regan combined.  And proved himself to not care much about further enriching himself at the public trough.  In fact, I’d bet he’s significantly less wealthy than before he started his campaign.

In 2016 I said I was disappointed he won.  Thrilled HRC lost obviously.  I voted for “none of the above” by writing in.  By 2020, mean tweets notwithstanding, I was very willing to vote Trump.  His results spoke for themselves. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 06:13:08 PM »
In 2016 I was so angry he was the nominee that I did not vote.  He flabbergasted me by being a pretty good president for the next three years.  He was pretty terrible his fourth year with liking Fucci screw over the whole country and going fiscally insane, unfortunately.  I actually donate to him for his re-election campaign though.  I've said before he was probably lucky to lose, as a lot of the garbage (inflation, Afghanistan war loss) would have probably happened no matter what… Biden just made it worse than it would have been.  Given Biden's bad poll numbers, I can just imagine how horrible Trump's would be now, with the media going nuts on him daily.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 06:39:08 PM »
Biden basically took the Trump withdrawal plan from A-stan and “heck with that” and proceeded to make the final withdrawal in such a bad manner as it could only have been deliberate.  Had Trump still been POTUS, I’m pretty confident we wouldn’t have 10’s of thousands of Americans and allies stranded there, we wouldn’t have given the names of everyone that had been loyal to us to the Taliban, we wouldn’t have left billions of dollars of military equipment for the Taliban, and we wouldn’t have left in a such a manner as the Taliban took over in less than 24 hours.

By now would the Taliban be in power there?  Yeah, but without a lot of our equipment or access to murder as many loyal Afghans.

All the Fauci and spending side of that last year I’m 100% in agreement on.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 07:56:36 PM »
I see it all as Liberals / Communists being very adept at using the advertising principle that successive impacts create truth, whether the "impacts" themselves are true or not.

Repetition of allegations creates guilt.

You and I are affected every day by this principle, whether it's in buying aspirin or condemning a candidate.

Go ahead, say "Not me."

Yes, pard, you too.

That's why negative campaigning in politics actually works, whether we condemn negative campaigning or not.

This OP just reflects that it's still working.

Orange man bad. Orange man bad.

Orange man came damned close to making America great again.  But of course, in the LibCom mind, that's a bad thing.

Proceed.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 08:00:52 PM »
Trump's MO has always been to hire the experts.

Unfortunately, in the Washington bureaucracy, he didn't have that choice. And he looked at the resumes, and assumed that people who were career "medical bureaucrats" were, in fact, the experts.

Oops.
Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 11:19:17 PM »
I wonder what sort of country we'd be living in now if the R congress critters were not Never Trumpers or RINO's.  If Trump had a couple people around him who knew what bureaucrats were not libprogs so he could have staffed his cabinet with some actual American patriots rather than with the libprog, RINO and careerists he wound up with.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 01:00:14 PM »
Yeah.  On the state level there are a fair number of good conservatives in some states.

On the federal level, the Republicans do nothing conservative of any substance.  They just support the lousy status quo, and piss away trillions of dollars.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 01:33:54 PM »
Feckless GOP "leadership" has been a problem for decades. I remember reading a column by Ann Coulter (remember her?) who wrote that while she didn't expect the GOP leadership to become screaming maniacs like Howard Dean, she'd at least like to see them act like actual men once in a while.

Don't expect to see much change if the GOP retakes the House. Consider that Darryl Issa, Jason Chaffetz, and Trey Gowdy all had an opportunity to make a difference when chairing the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform - the last two in particular (now on Fox) talked very tough. But how many bad actors were even fired, let alone prosecuted, by their efforts?

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2022, 05:04:56 PM »
I’m sure that much like a German general fighting in the east trumps standards of conduct were tainted by the environment he operated in. Hard to say if he had to pay off the government, unions, or mobsters more to get anything built. But yet nothing sticks.

I am most impressed that his ex wife never said a word out of line.

But yeah Schiff will get him next time for sure. Makes me feel like a kid again watching roadrunner reruns.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 05:21:26 PM »
But yeah Schiff will get him next time for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyb8rYgiow
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 10:20:35 PM »
It may have been the Trump chicken dynasty that didn't work out.

Donald Trump's House of Wings
https://youtu.be/yOUp_LTRzRU

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge