Author Topic: Uvalde Gun Politics  (Read 710 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Uvalde Gun Politics
« on: August 20, 2022, 01:39:40 PM »
I suppose this was expected. As usual, they do the, "we respect your second amendment rights" thing, but also throw in some "or else" stuff if the gun shop doesn't stop selling AR15s or accepting transfers.

I'm not familiar with Uvalde politics pre-shooting, so don't know if they tended blue or not. I like how they capitalize "RESPECT" while disrespecting their fellow resident.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/uvalde-residents-petition-assault-weapon-090400337.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Uvalde Gun Politics
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 01:43:44 PM »
Several meeting attendees and petitioners – including parents of Robb Elementary School victims – have said they are gun owners themselves and are pleading with business owners and local leaders to make a change.

Look, even gun owners think it is a good idea to restrict your ability to exercise your legal, and constitutional, rights. So how bad can it really be? Thy always find the one or two gun owners that are willing to give up their rights for the common good and make sure they get it in their articles.

bob

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 04:21:35 PM »
"Out of RESPECT for and in support of those affected by this catastrophe, we strongly urge you to cease the sale of assault rifles and the ammunition paired with them."

The local gun store in Uvalde could easily agree to stop selling "assault rifles" as they probably never sold them in the first place.  Unless they are a class 3 licensed store, obviously.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 04:37:23 PM »
 they should be holding the police accountable for their cowardice, but it is way easier to be a frightened moron
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 04:58:56 PM »
they should be holding the police accountable for their cowardice, but it is way easier to be a frightened moron

How’s about the local gun stores just refuse to sell anything to the cops until they prove they have cojones?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 06:41:02 PM by sumpnz »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 06:17:55 PM »
"I support the Second Amendment but ban weapons of war…."

These people are either ignorant or liars.

Americans have a right to own weapons of war.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 08:44:51 PM »

These people are either ignorant or liars.

Those two attributes are not mutually exclusive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 09:47:07 PM »
1.  Yahoo news is a leftist trash. 

2.  They never mentioned how many people were involved in this.  Made it sound like it was significant, but never gave a number. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge