Author Topic: Gen. Milley [allegedly] considered resigning in June 2020  (Read 696 times)

dogmush

• friend
Gen. Milley [allegedly] considered resigning in June 2020
« on: August 23, 2022, 06:37:59 PM »
CNN and the New York Post have reported on a [possible] near resignation of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs in the summer of 2020.  It also has some more interesting [alleged] quotes from the CJCS about "fighting [the CINC] from the inside".  If true this would be a pretty big deal and a significant change in the accepted ways Officers in the military could object to the direction of the civilian leadership.

I hate doing drive-by posts, but I'm not sure how much it is appropriate for me to comment in public about this stuff, at the very least until the Gen confirms or denies the quotes in the article, but it's a pretty big deal.  I'm going to link a video below by Angry Cops, who is in the NY NG I believe, and say that I too, am interested in the questions he brings forth at towards the end of the video.  It's only about 10 min if you fast forward through the sponsor commercial, and I hope you guys watch the whole thing.  I suspect that this is going to be the sunject of quite a few discussions at drill over the next couple months, and I plan on asking some of my professional mentors what they think about this.

The Angry Cops video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6fzVHbpKhg

The New York Post Article: https://nypost.com/2022/08/08/milley-drafted-resignation-in-2020-over-trump-lafayette-square-photo-op/

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Gen. Milley [allegedly] considered resigning in June 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 06:43:35 PM »
Will watch when I can. I still think he committed full on treason by making promises to Pelosi. He doesn’t report to her.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 06:45:34 PM »
His being a full blown traitor has been reported about on the dissident right for some time.

I never posted anything here because the sources about what DM referenced above weren't exactly verifiable. Like French says, the reported stuff is damning enough.

Everything is spy vs spy
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 08:39:20 PM »
I agree those quotes are troubling. 

In private, Baker and Glasser write, Milley had told his staff of Trump: “F— it, I’ll just fight him.”

“If they want to court-martial me, or put me in prison, have at it,” Milley reportedly added. “But I will fight from the inside.”
So he pretty much knew exactly what he was doing and the potential consequences. 

Do any of you believe the reported Trump quotes about German generals?  The whole thing could be fiction even if part of it fits what we think we know. 

Angry Cops makes a good point about the Afghanistan withdrawal.  He certainly had no issue following Biden's orders for that mess. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 08:43:40 PM »
Baker and Glasser write that both Milley and Esper, as well as then-Attorney General Bill Barr, had resisted Trump’s demands to invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807 and send in 10,000 active-duty troops to crush the DC protest that had mushroomed after the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin.

“We look weak,” said Trump, who reportedly raged that his advisers were “f—ing losers” and purportedly asked Milley: “Can’t you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?”
Is there any verification for stuff like this? 

Another odd quote.  The same people had no issue bringing troops in under Biden.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 08:47:04 PM »
I don't  know, which is part of my hesitation to make public declarative statements.

Now that it's public, I'd really like to see the Gen make a solid, "Yes, I said/wrote that." or "No, I never said that"

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 05:04:38 AM »
His being a full blown traitor has been reported about on the dissident right for some time.

I never posted anything here because the sources about what DM referenced above weren't exactly verifiable. Like French says, the reported stuff is damning enough.

Everything is spy vs spy

"Full Blown Traitor" is an excellent description of how all my veteran friends regard him, myself very much included.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 10:20:24 AM »
Trump made “a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military."

:rofl:

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 10:20:53 AM »
Please remind me- why do you think Gen. Milley is a traitor?  I can't remember anything about the guy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »
Please remind me- why do you think Gen. Milley is a traitor?  I can't remember anything about the guy.

Knowingly undermining and refusing to carry out the orders of the CoC.  Going around the CoC to contact the Chinese commander to let them know we wouldn't do anything crazy if Trump ordered it. 

May not go to the level of treason.  I don't know all the details of military law.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 04:04:46 PM »
Thank you, I had forgotten about the Chinese thing. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 05:57:29 PM »
If our government was infiltrated by a foreign power/enemy I'm not sure how much different it would look than what we can observe happening daily. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 06:16:41 PM »
To be clear:  The CJCS regularly talks with high ranking military members of other countries, and the part of those conversations that the pentagon has confirmed; telling China that we were stable and not planning an attack, was appropriate and within his authority.

The part about "I'll warn you before we attack" (Milley to  Li Zuocheng)is an unconfirmed excerpt from a book written by to mainstream media reporters.  Not folks usually lauded on this board for their veracity.  The Gen may well have overstepped his authority in what was said in those calls, but those calls are recorded, and vetted by DIA and pentagon legal so I'd want a little more than some Washington Post reporter's word before I started a treason trial.

I would appreciate if Gen should make some kind public statement about these newest quotes, and whether they are accurate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 08:02:31 PM »
Knowingly undermining and refusing to carry out the orders of the CoC.  Going around the CoC to contact the Chinese commander to let them know we wouldn't do anything crazy if Trump ordered it. 

May not go to the level of treason. I don't know all the details of military law.

Treason isn't covered just by military law. If that ain't treason, it's pretty damned close. And under the UCMJ I'm pretty sure it's insubordination.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 09:05:10 PM »
Yeah, conservatives throw around words like treason a bit too much.  Based on the quotes, it sounds like enough to relieve him immediately and maybe more if specific details can be proven.  I think I would like to hear the General speak to what he said also. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 09:07:38 PM »
The Gen may well have overstepped his authority in what was said in those calls, but those calls are recorded, and vetted by DIA and pentagon legal so I'd want a little more than some Washington Post reporter's word before I started a treason trial.

Is it possible that the DIA and pentagon legal were trying to screw over Trump, like almost every other part of the Federal Government?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 09:11:25 PM »
Treason isn't covered just by military law. If that ain't treason, it's pretty damned close. And under the UCMJ I'm pretty sure it's insubordination.

Pretty damn close isn't enough.  It might have been treason-ish, but I really don't think it was treason.  Treason has a rather specific legal definition.  He still should at least be fired for lack of confidence, and maybe prosecuted for *something* that actually fits.
"It's good, though..."