Main Forums > The Roundtable

Amazon Prime Strangeness

(1/13) > >>

Ben:
Is anyone else with Amazon Prime seeing this?

Suddenly, starting a week ago (23AUG), nothing I look at on Amazon with Prime delivery will arrive before 07SEP. My normal "Amazon day" delivery days are Wed and Fri, so several of the items should have been available before then. I'm not even getting an option for one day delivery.

I'm wondering if they are cutting rural delivery fleets? A few years ago, I would have to wait for several days to a week for a USPS or UPS delivery from Amazon Prime, then they got their own trucks out my way and I was getting one day options. Now this, which is strange, because we have a ginormous Amazon building in the area. I have noticed that my last several deliveries have all been either USPS or UPS.

Edit: I've been trying to gazoogle, but not much out there. I did find this:

https://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/amazon-no-longer-offers-2-day-shipping/

Edit#2:

I just did some experimenting, throwing random items into my cart, then going to checkout and changing the delivery address to my sister, who lives in a mid-size city in CA. Everything had a "next day" option.

Hawkmoon:
Their delivery subcontractor's mule probably died.

RocketMan:
Amazon seems to have quit using contractors, UPS and FedEx in this area.  Our last five shipments from Amazon were delivered via USPS, and all were late.  Four deliveries were three days late, one delivery was two days late.  Each time USPS used the "attempted delivery" excuse.  Interesting how regular letters made it into our mailbox each time an "attempted delivery" of Amazon products didn't make it.
Late Amazon deliveries were starting to occur more frequently before these five consecutive ones happened.  Not sure where the problem resides, though I am leaning toward it being a USPS problem.  We've seen a lot of turnover among the postal carriers that serve our neighborhood.

K Frame:
Amazon is no longer servicing deplorables.

Ben:

--- Quote from: K Frame on September 01, 2022, 07:20:39 AM ---Amazon is no longer servicing deplorables.

--- End quote ---

Probably one of the Amazon drivers reported the Gadsden flag in front of the house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version