Author Topic: On Current Star Wars  (Read 850 times)

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: On Current Star Wars
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2023, 04:23:09 PM »
The 2009 Star Trek is particularly jarring compared to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. It's like J.J. Abrams watched the latter and said, "This is garbage, I'm going to make my own Star Trek, with blackjack and hookers. You know what, forget the Star Trek!"
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2023, 09:06:56 PM »
In 1977, Star Wars came out and many critics blasted the movie.  At 9 years old, sitting in Dad's Pontiac LeMans at the drive in, I was in awe, and became a Star Wars fan.  Not a costume wearing/go to convention kind of fan, but I still have the toys I worked extra chores to buy back in the 70s and 80s.

I enjoy Mandalorian.  Book of Boba Fett was okay.  Obi Wan was pretty good.  Haven't watched much of the animated stuff.  It ain't great drama, but it's a hell of a lot better than a lot of the crap that gets put out on TV.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 07:34:51 PM »
Resurrecting this.

Finished The Mandalorian this evening. Yeah, the last couple of episodes were a bit of a let down, but I still enjoyed it.

So, I started the Book of Boba Fett. I'm really liking it so far.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.