Author Topic: Oregon State Police slow walking background checks for firearms  (Read 4660 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Oregon State Police slow walking background checks for firearms
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2022, 09:10:12 PM »
I wouldn't mention the 80% stuff in court.  Not sure what reaction that would get.  Maybe cost of complying with the new law.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2022, 09:15:06 PM »
I wouldn't mention the 80% stuff in court.  Not sure what reaction that would get.  Maybe cost of complying with the new law.

Relocation to Idaho.  If you own a home in OR that gets really expensive.  Even if you rent it’s still not cheap.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2022, 10:10:48 AM »
Notice on Kentucky Gun Co's website

"Due to new legislation, shipping of firearms to Oregon will be suspended until further notice."
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »
Relocation to Idaho.  If you own a home in OR that gets really expensive.  Even if you rent it’s still not cheap.

Relocation to Montana has been in the works since 2019.  However the total cost to move has gone from $2,000 to $10,000.  Just truck and fuel.  Relocation is not yet feasible.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2022, 03:21:36 PM »
What part of MT?  One friend recently moved to Helena.  Another is looking hard at the area around Kalispell.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »
I've got a friend buying some land about an hour west of Kalispell near Happys Inn.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2022, 05:15:49 PM »
Looking at Three Forks.  Friends there.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2022, 06:26:37 PM »
What part of MT?  One friend recently moved to Helena.  Another is looking hard at the area around Kalispell.

Well, if you have to pick a more liberal part of Montana they are looking at 2 of the 4 most liberal places. Kalispell is probably behind Helena, Billings and Missoula but not by much.

bob

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2022, 08:41:45 PM »
Well, if you have to pick a more liberal part of Montana they are looking at 2 of the 4 most liberal places. Kalispell is probably behind Helena, Billings and Missoula but not by much.

bob

The guy looking around Kalispell is more after geography/climate than local politics.  But he hasn’t bought anything yet.

The other guy that moved to Helena moved to where family is located.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2022, 12:33:19 PM »
Well now even making a frame is no longer an option.

I guess I should just sue for the value of the gun at this point, despite the fact that I own it still and have half the parts here with me.  I will never be able to have all my property nor make any use of it until I leave this forlorn state.  Nor can I sell it for what I paid for it.  Same goes for the accessories and parts I purchased.  About $1,200 tied up in what is now useless junk.

ETA:

Self summary for changes to lawsuit... Now should be...

Breach of contract.
Loss of opportunity.
Loss of utility and possession of property.

They failed to transfer when they were able to after being contracted and paid for that purpose, and then voiced that it was intentional.  They dragged the transfer out with full knowledge and repeated reminders of the looming deadline.  And I have nearly $1,200 in pistol and parts that I can never take home, make use of, or resell for same cost.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 12:58:32 PM by kgbsquirrel »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2022, 07:55:26 AM »
The state says that their license system won't be fully in place until 2024. I would think that alone will win at least one of the lawsuits pertaining to infringement.

I'm not sure what these crowds of gun buyers are doing right now. None of them are getting their background check done before the 8th.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/firearm-sales-explode-oregon-awaits-judges-decision-gun-control-law
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2022, 02:16:15 PM »
Federal judge delays permit implementation.  No delay on the rest of the infringements.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/politics/federal-judge-ruling-oregon-measure-114/283-6725627f-dce7-474f-aac0-69be98924be2

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2022, 02:20:54 PM »
Federal judge delays permit implementation.  No delay on the rest of the infringements.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/politics/federal-judge-ruling-oregon-measure-114/283-6725627f-dce7-474f-aac0-69be98924be2

I guess that's good, but from the article, it sounds like she only did it because ORDOJ asked her to because they aren't ready, not because it requires constitutional review.

"The burden imposed on the Second Amendment is minimal".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2022, 04:30:00 PM »
I guess that's good, but from the article, it sounds like she only did it because ORDOJ asked her to because they aren't ready, not because it requires constitutional review.

"The burden imposed on the Second Amendment is minimal".

It isn't an infringement, it's just a minimal burden!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2022, 04:31:18 PM »
It isn't an infringement, it's just a minimal burden!

"It's only wafer-thin"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2022, 10:11:04 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oregon-supreme-court-leaves-place-order-blocking-strict-new-gun-law

Looks like it's blocked until the court cases is finalized.  Can you get the jerk to transfer your frame to someone that will do transfer it to you while the lawyers are arguing?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2022, 02:18:21 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oregon-supreme-court-leaves-place-order-blocking-strict-new-gun-law

Looks like it's blocked until the court cases is finalized.  Can you get the jerk to transfer your frame to someone that will do transfer it to you while the lawyers are arguing?

I will look around but I'm fairly sure I'm never doing business with that guy ever again.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2022, 05:52:44 PM »
The frame is safely in my friend's hands out of state.. Oh and he forwarded this gem found in the gun case.

The dingleberry can't even do math: $60 transfer fee for a transfer that never happened, and $30 S&H.  Oh and too bad everyone in the gunshop who saw the note also got to hear the recording of the "big scene."  Absolutely none of them were complimentary towards the dingleberry.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2022, 10:49:14 AM »
Sounds like you are covering yourself pretty well.  Sucks to have that issue. 

My FFL dealer is about 30 minutes away from me.  There are dealers closer, but I like him as he has more radical views than me.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge