Author Topic: Anyone buy an online mattress?  (Read 1921 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Anyone buy an online mattress?
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2022, 02:22:16 PM »
And speaking of the knee, it's not really better. I made a HUGE mistake yesterday when I figured it was better so I could skip putting on the brace.

Huge HUGE mistake. By the time I got to my office I could barely walk it was so bad.

I left early, got my brace and then went out and bought a cane.

I took today off work to rest it, and Seren is staying at daycare the next couple of days so I don't have to try to walk her.

My guess (and that of a friend of mine who is a doctor) is that it's a grade 2 sprain with significantly more ligament tearing and all I've been doing is continually aggravating it by treating it as if it's a grade 1.

This getting old *expletive deleted*it is a young man's game.

But, the can is helping me get around, and the knee is feeling better for the rest.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2022, 04:58:37 PM »
New mattress is quite comfy!

Going to take a bit of getting used to, but the nap I took this afternoon was quite restful.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2022, 01:19:34 AM »

This getting old *expletive deleted*it is a young man's game.

No doubt about that. Total knee done in July, new eyeball (Intraocular lens, for cataract) last week and will be getting a brand new shoulder joint the first week of Jan. I have a fishing trip in Dec or it would be earlier. ;)

bob

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2022, 05:32:08 AM »
We can rebuild him …

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2022, 07:11:13 AM »
And this morning the knee IS better. Both knees are better, actually.

Lots of upper and lower leg muscle stiffness, but significantly less pain in the knee itself.

And the mattress? Very restful sleep last night. I really think I'm going to like it long-term.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2022, 08:04:22 AM »
No doubt about that. Total knee done in July, new eyeball (Intraocular lens, for cataract) last week and will be getting a brand new shoulder joint the first week of Jan. I have a fishing trip in Dec or it would be earlier. ;)

bob

I guess I am fortunate in at age 62, all I have had done is bilateral cataracts and the left hip replacement from the bicycle crash.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2022, 04:01:28 PM »
On top of everything else, my eyes SUCK! Got "young" cataracts and severe nearsightedness.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2022, 09:55:22 PM »
and...

The Wednesday and Thursday were rough at work, and then came Friday with the district manager in the store, and...

I'm not completely sure, but I'm guessing that Arthur has moved into my left hip socket... About 1200mg of ibuprofen before 1400...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2022, 08:38:53 AM »
A week in with this bad boy and I am LOVING it. I've not slept this well or soundly in a long time.

It's a PERFECT combination of soft and firm. I tend to be a side sleeper, and this thing is wonderful for that. I used to wake up with shoulder pain in my right shoulder if I spent the entire night on my right side. Now? No problem at all.

The one thing I have found is that I don't need nearly as many pillows with this mattress. I always slept with 4 -- a contour memory foam pillow that works well with my CPAP and side sleeping, a pretty bulky non-memory foam pillow, and two thinner pillows. Now I really only need the memory foam pillow unless I'm using all of them to prop up my back when I'm reading in bed. If I try to use more than 1 pillow to sleep I find that my neck and bag get severely torqued out of position and it's very uncomfortable.

This mattress is even good for back sleeping, which is something I've not done in many years, primarily because my lower back wouldn't be properly supported and I'd wake up all kinds of sore. It also didn't work with my sleep apnea. Now, though, my back is very nicely supported, and with the CPAP I don't need to worry about the apnea as much.

It's hard to tell right now because of my ongoing knee issues has fired up my entire body, it seems like, but I'm thinking that this mattress is going to result in tons less morning stiffness and pain.

Ben, thanks so very much for the Sleep Innovations recommendation!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »
It's hard to tell right now because of my ongoing knee issues has fired up my entire body, it seems like, but I'm thinking that this mattress is going to result in tons less morning stiffness and pain.

Ben, thanks so very much for the Sleep Innovations recommendation!

No problemo.

How are you finding it for getting in and out of with the current knee problem? About the only negative I find with the memory foam is that it's harder to get out of if you do something like pull a back muscle.

Otherwise, Yeah, I find memory foam so much nicer than spring mattresses, which I always notice now when I stay at a hotel. Though I've noticed that many higher end hotels are doing memory foam now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2022, 08:57:28 AM »
So far no problem getting out of bed. I sleep on the right side of the bed, and it's my right knee that is having the problem, so I'm able to kick my leg out and get it onto the floor and supported before I get the rest of myself off the bed.

It's a bit more of a challenge to roll over, as can be expected, but not too terribly bad.

Overall, though, the quality of sleep I'm getting is just insanely good.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2022, 08:59:09 AM »
Even better, I just went online to leave a review for it, and the price has gone back up to $389.

I paid $306 plus tax for it.

Saving that much money makes Mike a happy boy.  =)