Author Topic: When You Cry Climate Change ...  (Read 3321 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: When You Cry Climate Change ...
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2022, 08:41:44 PM »
Sea rising is one thing.  Geology tells us how the earth heats and cools well before man started burning oil.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2022, 07:58:05 AM »
When the average iq is dropping, you can raise the amount of bs, and people will believe the TV.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2022, 10:49:25 AM »
When the average iq is dropping, you can raise the amount of bs, and people will believe the TV.
Now that is a graph I might believe.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2022, 09:16:28 PM »
"Gee, Bubba, we're getting kinda popular out here at the Podunk Airport - them city folks like the short hop in when they want to go to shows and stuff. And the university folks really like that weather box that they set up out toward the end of the runway. They're coming to look at it next month. We're resurfacing all the blacktop, so if there is anything left over, run a loop around it so that they don't get stuck this time."
Blog under construction

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2022, 09:17:59 PM »
You know what the real cause of urban crime is?

Dodge Chargers.

Nissan Altima and Maxima are the real heroes.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2022, 10:05:24 PM »
Distant second and third... I see SO many chargers (usually the 3.6 engine...) with bullet holes...
Blog under construction

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2022, 08:17:27 AM »

Truth that makes me weep.  And you can add the 'net to the TV variable.

But you have to remember that everybody believes what they hear repeated. It's the advertising principle of repeated impacts, and if you believe you're immune to it, think again.

My perhaps flawed observation is that Conservatives do not understand that principle --however, their access to "advertising" media is limited because the "other guys" got into media consciousness first.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
Distant second and third... I see SO many chargers (usually the 3.6 engine...) with bullet holes...
They can get out of their own way.  Was told that a county over an unmarked pickup tried to stop a guy in a Charger with felony warrants.  As it was called out, the chase started out at 130 and the cop in the pickup had to give up almost as soon as the chase started.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2022, 12:24:10 PM »
And I'm guessing that one had the 5.7... Most of 'em have the small engine.

And you gotta lift the hood or look at the VIN, because more than a few of 'em have the "Hemi" badging stuck on 'em.

I know of one that has a Hellcat... Sort of. He got the decorations off fleabay.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2022, 05:24:14 PM »
They can get out of their own way.  Was told that a county over an unmarked pickup tried to stop a guy in a Charger with felony warrants.  As it was called out, the chase started out at 130 and the cop in the pickup had to give up almost as soon as the chase started.
I'd generally give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who wouldn't stop for an unmarked pickup. Over the years, there have been a number of fake cops locally trying to stop motorists, using lights they got from J.C. Whitney or some random dealer on the internet. Things went poorly for some people who pulled over. (Went poorly for the fake cop when the person he pulled over turned out to be a real cop.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2022, 05:52:46 PM »
I'd generally give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who wouldn't stop for an unmarked pickup. Over the years, there have been a number of fake cops locally trying to stop motorists, using lights they got from J.C. Whitney or some random dealer on the internet. Things went poorly for some people who pulled over. (Went poorly for the fake cop when the person he pulled over turned out to be a real cop.)

I'd be reluctant to pull over for an unmarked car after dark.
For years we've had stories on the news of women being assaulted by fake cops. We have the police brass coming on the news to tell folks that if they are suspicious to put on your hazard lights, call 911 to confirm and proceed to a well lit area like a busy gas station to pull over and then when some woman does exactly that we've seen them manhandled and arrested for failing to stop.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2022, 06:30:34 PM »
I’ve been pulled over by an unmarked after dark (didn’t know it was unmarked until we got stopped)

She had backup there shortly but I thought it was *expletive deleted*ing stupid of her to initiate a stop, especially for the tag light that was out on my truck.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2022, 08:14:36 PM »
I don't think a pickup could keep up or maneuver with a tricked-out sedan.   Probably gave up on that account.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2022, 12:04:00 PM »
I'll take the double patty Planet Destroyer Burger with extra Global Warming Hot Sauce please

Now they want CLIMATE CHANGE warnings on fast food menus: Scientists say environmental impact stamps on food will lead to more sustainable choices
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11576335/Now-want-CLIMATE-CHANGE-warnings-fast-food-menus.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2022, 12:14:54 PM »
I'll take the double patty Planet Destroyer Burger with extra Global Warming Hot Sauce please

Now they want CLIMATE CHANGE warnings on fast food menus: Scientists say environmental impact stamps on food will lead to more sustainable choices
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11576335/Now-want-CLIMATE-CHANGE-warnings-fast-food-menus.html

I'm surprised they haven't mandated such warnings be posted on gas pumps, filler caps on your car, and a skull and crossbones warning next to the ignition switch on cars, etc.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2022, 12:22:17 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't mandated such warnings be posted on gas pumps, filler caps on your car, and a skull and crossbones warning next to the ignition switch on cars, etc.

Woody

A compute voice that tells you how many POC you are impacting.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2022, 03:54:51 PM »

It won't lead to anything but more bureaucratic mess for businesses to deal with.  No one eating at McDonald's is thinking about climate change. 

I am surprised they don't mandate all the Happy Meals have a climate change themed toy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »
Meanwhile in we're all going to die because of Climate Change forever drought stricken California they have too much water because of Climate Change

Mega reservoir Oroville needs to make room for more water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2EaYubZWwI
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2023, 11:36:42 AM »
Oh muh Gerd!!! The reservoirs are at EIGHTY-EIGHT PERCENT of their capacity! And Oh muh Gerd!!!!! By the end of the rainy season they MIGHT even be up to 100 percent of their historical average!!!

Man the lifeboats! Women and children (of color) first!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2023, 01:08:07 PM »
Full reservoirs are indicative of white supremacy in government.  Empty reservoirs are racist, hurting POC folks the most.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2023, 01:40:16 PM »
I'm really not sure what the panic is all about. California has been facing a water crisis. Now that there's some water and snowpack to help alleviate that problem, the usual suspects have to spin that as a new problem rather than welcoming it as good news.

What they have all left out is that the controlled floodgates are only part of the system. As the water level rises (if it gets that high) they can open more sluice gates to release water more rapidly. But IF the rate of inflow exceeds the release capacity of the sluice gates, the dam was designed with an overflow spillway immediately to the north-northwest of the sluiceway. You can see it in the Google satellite view:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oroville+Dam/@39.5421191,-121.4830348,3054m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x809cb6e8b27d5f5d:0xf862d16dd22fc74f!8m2!3d39.5380318!4d-121.4832601!16zL20vMDRxNW5x

There's a reason why the Spillway Launch Ramp is named the "Spillway" Launch Ramp.

https://water.ca.gov/Programs/State-Water-Project/SWP-Facilities/Oroville/Oroville-Spillways
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2023, 11:29:28 AM »
I'm really not sure what the panic is all about. California has been facing a water crisis. Now that there's some water and snowpack to help alleviate that problem, the usual suspects have to spin that as a new problem rather than welcoming it as good news.

What they have all left out is that the controlled floodgates are only part of the system. As the water level rises (if it gets that high) they can open more sluice gates to release water more rapidly. But IF the rate of inflow exceeds the release capacity of the sluice gates, the dam was designed with an overflow spillway immediately to the north-northwest of the sluiceway. You can see it in the Google satellite view:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oroville+Dam/@39.5421191,-121.4830348,3054m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x809cb6e8b27d5f5d:0xf862d16dd22fc74f!8m2!3d39.5380318!4d-121.4832601!16zL20vMDRxNW5x

There's a reason why the Spillway Launch Ramp is named the "Spillway" Launch Ramp.

https://water.ca.gov/Programs/State-Water-Project/SWP-Facilities/Oroville/Oroville-Spillways

Makes me wonder if the problems these dams and other "flood control" measures are producing are worse than the problems these things were created to alleviate.  [popcorn]

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2023, 11:47:09 PM »
according to google, climate change killed off mastadons and mammoths, I've always been sad we no longer have mammoths around - when I was a kid I thought they would make great pets but now that I'm interested in the paleo diet, I bet they tasted great.
I like pointing out to the climate alarm religionist that climate change happens  but I often think that the mastadons/mammoths were wiped out due to being tasty.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2023, 09:48:45 AM »
I have heard different things.  One idea lately is some sort of comet/asteroid impacted the ice sheets over North America causing very very quick climate shift and the ice sheets melted very quickly. 

Big game hunting in North America would be cool.  There probably wouldn't be too many left by now.  I have heard people are trying to figure out how to clone a mammoth.  Not sure if they will get there. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2023, 09:52:25 AM »
Makes me wonder if the problems these dams and other "flood control" measures are producing are worse than the problems these things were created to alleviate.  [popcorn]

Woody
From what I have read, there used to be a big lake in the central valley area in Southern California that would essentially fill with this water.  It was drained to open up the farm land on the lake bed.  It would be interesting if that lake still existed as the primary source of water. 

They also say thousands of years ago, the lake extended from there up past San Francisco.  I imagine a huge lake in up and down central California would affect the climate all over that region.