Author Topic: When You Cry Climate Change ...  (Read 3319 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: When You Cry Climate Change ...
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2023, 10:24:21 AM »
I think we need many, many more apex level predators in the US. Particularly in cities and urban areas.
The think sabertooth lions, short nose bears, dire wolf...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2023, 10:28:38 AM »
I think we need many, many more apex level predators in the US. Particularly in cities and urban areas.
The think sabertooth lions, short nose bears, dire wolf...

Right now our apex predators are lawyers.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2023, 12:26:28 PM »
Short nose bear.  They could probably lay on some speed for at least short distances.  They appear leaner and longer legged than Grizzlies, but I have no experience with bears close up.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2023, 12:28:31 PM »
What caliber for Short Nose Bear?

This

I hate to think of only having a spear if that came at me.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2023, 01:35:51 PM »
Considering that bears size, it is unlikely that it could climb a tree.  The problem sor humans trying to escape them would be whether or not they could climb fast enough to get out of reach AND to find a tree big enough that the bear couldn't push it over.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2023, 02:45:18 PM »
No this isn't the Babylon Bee

Look out Bullwinkle, they're coming for ya!

Researchers claim that moose are potentially a leading cause of climate change and that the species should be balanced, suggesting they are "one of the biggest potential single sources of carbon emissions from wooded parts of Norway."

Guess Squirrels are next.

Researchers identify this mammal as latest potential cause of climate change, suggest balancing species
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/researchers-identify-mammal-latest-potential-cause-climate-change-suggest-balancing-species
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2023, 03:00:52 PM »

Researchers claim that moose are potentially a leading cause of climate change and that the species should be balanced, suggesting they are "one of the biggest potential single sources of carbon emissions from wooded parts of Norway."

Researchers identify this mammal as latest potential cause of climate change, suggest balancing species
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/researchers-identify-mammal-latest-potential-cause-climate-change-suggest-balancing-species

A Møøse once bit my sister
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2023, 03:02:29 PM »
A Møøse once bit my sister

She named Greta?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2023, 03:05:55 PM »

I wonder when they will start talking about "balancing" the human species.  I figure it is only a matter of time.  They are already thinking it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2023, 03:08:27 PM »
I wonder when they will start talking about "balancing" the human species.  I figure it is only a matter of time.  They are already thinking it.

That is the end goal for some. Reduce the human footprint 1000 fold and watch Mother Earth rebound.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2023, 10:24:32 PM »
Considering that bears size, it is unlikely that it could climb a tree.  The problem sor humans trying to escape them would be whether or not they could climb fast enough to get out of reach AND to find a tree big enough that the bear couldn't push it over.

Hell, it would just knock the tree over, or eat it on the way to it's prey.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2023, 10:25:39 PM »

Listen close enough and they are already talking about it. *cough, cough* Bill Gates *cough, cough*

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2023, 10:50:11 PM »

This is another picture of the short faced bear.  I think the longer legs stood out to me.  May mean they were a bit faster or better runners than modern bears. 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2023, 10:00:41 PM »
Listen close enough and they are already talking about it. *cough, cough* Bill Gates *cough, cough*

covid was widely called "boomer remover" lots of seemingly sane people were speculating that is the real reason China released it on its own population.
The idea is that there are way more older non working people than there is young people to pay into the system to support them.
  Apparently, a popular "theory" in Russia is the "golden billion" which I think means the billion wealthiest  people will take it all and the reduced population will be slaves/serfs 
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2023, 09:21:00 AM »
Let them eat bugs

A middle school in Utah's Nebo School District gave sixth-grade students "disgusting" insects to eat last week as part of an English assignment on climate change, claiming it would save the environment from cows which were "killing the world," according to a mom who spoke with Fox News Digital.

And don't dare disagree

The climate change assignment instructed sixth-graders to write an argumentative essay, but did not permit students to disagree. The only acceptable answer was that humans should eat insects for their protein instead of cows, which are destroying the Ozone layer with methane gas.

Wait, are we back to this ozone layer business?

Utah school gives kids 'disgusting' insects to eat in class for climate assignment on cows killing the Earth
https://www.foxnews.com/media/utah-school-gives-kids-insects-eat-class-climate-change-assignment-says-will-save-planet
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2023, 09:28:10 AM »
^^^

I don't know what it is with the commies and their fascination and insistence regarding people eating bugs.

I can't recall where I saw it within the last week, but somebody on the interwebz made a good point: If bugs and insects are so great and tasty, why weren't humans farming them over the last few thousand years? It would be way less work to raise mealworms and crickets than sheep and cattle. We actually worked to not have to eat bugs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2023, 12:17:55 AM »

It was considered, adopted, and implemented in the late thirties and early forties in parts of Europe, but was ultimately discouraged.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 01:13:58 AM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2023, 01:30:06 AM »
In the 1970s and into the 1980s, there were two movements that attracted some attention from intellectuals: Zero Population Growth, and Negative Population Growth. Both were promoted as being the solution to mankind's eventual destruction of the planet.

Does anyone remember when China was forcibly restricting families to two children? Isn't China now pushing its citizens to reproduce as rapidly and prolifically as possible?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2023, 02:25:25 PM »
In the 1970s and into the 1980s, there were two movements that attracted some attention from intellectuals: Zero Population Growth, and Negative Population Growth. Both were promoted as being the solution to mankind's eventual destruction of the planet.

Does anyone remember when China was forcibly restricting families to two children? Isn't China now pushing its citizens to reproduce as rapidly and prolifically as possible?
China had a One Child policy for many years.  They finally realized they now have an unbalanced population as well as not enough younger people.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2023, 03:02:29 AM »
China had a One Child policy for many years.  They finally realized they now have an unbalanced population as well as not enough younger people.

They just didn't have the right people in charge.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2023, 10:24:27 AM »
A middle school in Utah's Nebo School District gave sixth-grade students "disgusting" insects to eat last week as part of an English assignment on climate change,

What the HELL do feeding the kids bugs and climate change have to do with teaching English?  At the very least, that teacher ought to be FIRED FOR NOT DOING HIS JOB, WHICH IS TEACHING ENGLISH!!!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2023, 11:55:57 AM »
What the HELL do feeding the kids bugs and climate change have to do with teaching English?  At the very least, that teacher ought to be FIRED FOR NOT DOING HIS JOB, WHICH IS TEACHING ENGLISH!!!

The writing assignment was the English part. 
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2023, 01:28:46 PM »
Assignment: Write a 500-word essay on eating bugs.

My entry:

Bugs are disgusting creatures that I can't swallow.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2023, 02:42:47 PM »
We had a science teacher in junior high or high school (don't remember for sure as it's been a while) that used to bring home canned edible bugs from his summer vacation trips to various places in Asia.  He'd bring them to class, open them and offer the various comestible delights to any students brave enough to try them.
He had crickets, grasshoppers, various grubs and worms, etc.  Some tasted quite nasty, some were okay, and some were actually pretty good, though I don't remember which were which after all these years.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2023, 03:14:07 PM »
While I may be classed as an "omnivore", I am definitely NOT an "insectivore".  I limit myself to the more ordinary and mundane fish, various meats, eggs, various fowl, various dairy products, and a variety of plants (fruits & veg.) and grains (wheat, oats, corn, barley).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”