Author Topic: When You Cry Climate Change ...  (Read 3324 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: When You Cry Climate Change ...
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2023, 03:39:16 PM »
While I may be classed as an "omnivore", I am definitely NOT an "insectivore".  I limit myself to the more ordinary and mundane fish, various meats, eggs, various fowl, various dairy products, and a variety of plants (fruits & veg.) and grains (wheat, oats, corn, barley).

Racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2023, 05:57:03 PM »
What the HELL do feeding the kids bugs and climate change have to do with teaching English?  At the very least, that teacher ought to be FIRED FOR NOT DOING HIS JOB, WHICH IS TEACHING ENGLISH!!!

Kinda like the gods of the copy book headings.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2023, 06:54:42 PM »
John the Baptist ate wild honey and locusts.  I would rather not eat locusts or any bugs myself. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2023, 07:14:39 PM »
Look up the FDA specs on how many insect parts or rodent hairs are allowed in our food.

:rofl:

Personally, being at the top of the food chain in a first world, (mostly)civilized country means I don't have to eat bugs. There are also considerable portions of food animals I decline to eat as well.
However, push comes to shove, in a survival situation all bets are off.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2023, 07:53:26 PM »
I think meal worms are already used in chicken feed and maybe even cattle feed.  Insects might be a good source of high-quality protein to use as a food additive.  Something you add to real meat, perhaps even at fairly high percentages (with proper disclosure of course,) to extend it in things like sausage and frozen fast food hamburger patties.  USDA will probably just give it a cryptic number so companies can disclose it in the ingredient lists w/o people realizing what it is. 

I'd rather we raise insects to make biofuels or feed them to food, instead of wasting corn which is perfectly good people food.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2023, 12:57:30 PM »
My brother was raising some sort of meal worm for his chickens.  The worms would eat up table scraps and such pretty fast.  The chickens loved the worms. 

He was trying to let the chickens roam around during the day to eat bungs or other forage, but they always ended up in his neighbor's yard who didn't like them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »
Now we're going to get eaten

Scientists sound alarm over another climate change concern — flesh-eating bacteria expected to DOUBLE in next 20 years as oceans get warmer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11895483/Scientists-sound-alarm-flesh-eating-bacteria-expected-DOUBLE-20-years.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2023, 09:50:41 AM »
My brother was raising some sort of meal worm for his chickens.  The worms would eat up table scraps and such pretty fast.  The chickens loved the worms. 

He was trying to let the chickens roam around during the day to eat bungs or other forage, but they always ended up in his neighbor's yard who didn't like them.

The way you deal with that is a small portable chicken coop.  They're called "chicken tractors" for some reason; if you google it you will see lots of plans.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2023, 12:15:20 PM »
Here's what happens when Californians mess with things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2023, 03:37:13 PM »
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, too many homeruns... MASS HYSTERIA

A new study finds that climate change is making major league sluggers into even hotter hitters, sending an extra 50 or so home runs a year over the fences. https://t.co/Doee0mbZ7Z

— The Associated Press (@AP) April 7, 2023

Obviously a memo went out telling the media to tie home runs to climate change
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/07/obviously-a-memo-went-out-telling-the-media-to-tie-home-runs-to-climate-change/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2023, 03:52:14 PM »
Now we're going to get eaten

Scientists sound alarm over another climate change concern — flesh-eating bacteria expected to DOUBLE in next 20 years as oceans get warmer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11895483/Scientists-sound-alarm-flesh-eating-bacteria-expected-DOUBLE-20-years.html

Not to worry.  The bacteria seem to only eat Progressives.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2023, 11:59:48 PM »
The way you deal with that is a small portable chicken coop.  They're called "chicken tractors" for some reason; if you google it you will see lots of plans.

chickens poop constantly and will eat every plant and scratch the soil, making it great to plant in .
I would totally raise mealworms for chickens , as well as other insects .... one time a huge grasshopper bit me so I threw it into the chicken coop-they're savages!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2023, 12:13:53 AM »
We do the mealworm thing.  Turns kitchen waste into chicken treats. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2023, 09:17:01 AM »
chickens poop constantly and will eat every plant and scratch the soil, making it great to plant in .
I would totally raise mealworms for chickens , as well as other insects .... one time a huge grasshopper bit me so I threw it into the chicken coop-they're savages!!
I have never been bitten by a grasshopper.  I didn't know they bit.  However, I have seen those big grasshoppers sometimes.  I don't think I have ever been in a position where one of those could bite me.  We usually try to kill them if we see them.  I figure they are poisonous in some way as they don't get eaten.