Author Topic: This one looks bad  (Read 34562 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: This one looks bad
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »
From 2016:
Israel's opponents say he's built a publicly funded political machine, paying back supporters with jobs and using them to keep him in office. They say the money could be better spent, particularly after the sheriff complained about not having enough funding to secure the county courthouse, where a murder suspect recently escaped.

Israel said he built the outreach wing from nearly nothing, aiming to foster "a love affair with the community." He said it would engender trust with the community that was lacking under the tenure of predecessor Al Lamberti. He defending the tapping of people he knew, some from the campaign trail, into outreach and other roles.

"What have I done differently than Don Shula or Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King, Ghandi?" asked Israel. "Men and women who assume leadership roles surround themselves with people who are loyal, who they can depend on and who they appreciate their skill set."

This is more of our institutional/moral/societal rot.

In the 90s, we had people saying "I take full responsibility" and then clearly not taking responsibility for horrific government actions. (See: Waco, Janet Reno)

We've now progressed to the point where "leaders" won't even mouth platitudes about "taking responsibility".

The quote most appropriate is "Hypocrisy is the tribute vice pays to virtue."

As bad as hypocrites are, they at least know and recognize what is right. (For example, a leader OUGHT to take responsibility for what is done by his organization.)

We're now to the point where they don't even believe in what is right (AND failing to do it.)

Honestly, I'd prefer the hypocrite. (I'd prefer one who actually does what is right, but at least recognizing what is right is a step up from not.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »

From 2016:

Lamborghini ?!?!!!?   He's a veritable legend in his own mind ... ... ... ...
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2018, 09:18:37 PM »
Lamborghini ?!?!!!?   He's a veritable legend in his own mind ... ... ... ...

Asset forfeiture FTW?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:20 PM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article202486304.html
Well this is interesting! Looks like he might of have only used 10 round mags because because larger ones wouldn't fit in his bag, which also doesn't really make much sense to me.
Also apparently he was having issues with the rifle either jamming or problems reloading. Probably never cleaned it or perhaps he was having issues manipulating the 10 round mags; I've got a 10 round mag that's parkerized that doesn't like to extract well in one of my builds
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2018, 09:01:07 AM »
https://crimeresearch.org/2018/02/good-day-la-teachers-armed/

John Lott on an LA news show.  You probably already know this stuff, but it was good hear it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2018, 09:18:37 AM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article202486304.html
Well this is interesting! Looks like he might of have only used 10 round mags because because larger ones wouldn't fit in his bag, which also doesn't really make much sense to me.
Also apparently he was having issues with the rifle either jamming or problems reloading. Probably never cleaned it or perhaps he was having issues manipulating the 10 round mags; I've got a 10 round mag that's parkerized that doesn't like to extract well in one of my builds
That is interesting.  Usually 20 round mags are not significantly bigger than the smaller mags.  

One of the lessons I had to learn when I first got an AR was to bypass the cheap mags at the gun show and get mil-spec magazines.  My first AR rifle was an Armalite that wasn't the best, but the cheap magazines I bought (along with some cheap ammo) make it seem like an unreliable POS.  I also had to learn some lessons about how to clean and lube it or at least which parts to keep clean and lubed.  Cheap polymer mags from Magpul and others that work well has changed the AR magazine market a lot.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »
https://crimeresearch.org/2018/02/good-day-la-teachers-armed/

John Lott on an LA news show.  You probably already know this stuff, but it was good hear it.

Still rockin' the disheveled wonk look, I see.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2018, 02:39:58 PM »
As I think I've said before, active shooter doctrine in my county is that the first three units on the scene go in together.  Never one.
I talked to some cops about this since I posted it, and while the official policy has not changed, they've added a little nuance.  A team of three is the maximum you wait for (i.e., if there are three guys on site you had better be in the school), but whether you wait for even one other guy depends on the situation.  If backup is close, you can wait for a team of as many as three, but if there is any significant wait for backup you go in with whatever you have even if it is just you.  That's an improvement, I think.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
UPDATE: This one looks bad
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2018, 08:51:48 AM »
Update: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article204226584.html

The school resource officer- the one who cowardly hid outside while children were being murdered and then later claimed that he thought the shots were coming from outside- that guy, was on the radio the day of the shooting reporting the shots were coming from inside the building and warning all the other responders to stay back 500 feet.

I honestly have no words for how low this mendacious coward is.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article203903054.html
And two officers who were training nearby showed up uninvited and are being punished. 
“This is not their area, this is not their jurisdiction,” said Franklin, who consults with law enforcement agencies on internal affairs investigations. “You don’t want to let those guys loose into something that’s chaotic where they might take inappropriate action. It is prudent to have them stand down unless there is a plan.”

The memo told Gilbert and Schlosser that they acted “without the knowledge or authorization from your chain of command” and created an “officer safety situation due to dispatch not knowing your location or activity.”

MechAg94

• friend
Re: UPDATE: This one looks bad
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2018, 06:56:35 PM »
Update: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article204226584.html

The school resource officer- the one who cowardly hid outside while children were being murdered and then later claimed that he thought the shots were coming from outside- that guy, was on the radio the day of the shooting reporting the shots were coming from inside the building and warning all the other responders to stay back 500 feet.

I honestly have no words for how low this mendacious coward is.

I missed this earlier and caught it off Twitter.  Another good example to throw back at people who say you should just call the police. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2018, 07:04:26 PM »
On another forum, there are still people defending that worthless pile of excrement.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2018, 12:13:32 PM »
Good law enforcement, particularly in a difficult situation, is very high standard.  In my experience the sunk cost fallacy of never getting rid of officers who show they aren't up to snuff but have already had gov money spent on training and personal vouching means the percentage whom we can have no faith in rising to the occasion is way higher than it should be.  I'd much rather live in the world when we can take it for granted positions we think so heroic they are common Halloween costumes for children ain't going to come with crushing disillusionment.   
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »
Sounds like that Emma Gonzalez just admitted to the fact that they bullied and ostracized the shooter, and doesn't care that they did.
https://www.facebook.com/the.political.muscle/posts/10157277044268327
Sorry that's it's a BookFact link, only way I found it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2018, 08:41:53 PM »
I find it unfortunately normal of our msm that only AP and Fox are reporting that there were calls for the shooter to be Baker Acted in 2016. Still no info on why he wasn't put in a hospital at that point.

Jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2018, 12:53:45 AM »
Sounds like that Emma Gonzalez just admitted to the fact that they bullied and ostracized the shooter, and doesn't care that they did.
https://www.facebook.com/the.political.muscle/posts/10157277044268327
Sorry that's it's a BookFact link, only way I found it.

Maybe with a longer video clip, but it cuts off before she can explain what she means (if she did explain it). Did she go on to say that they ostracized him because he was a total loser? Or did she say they avoided him because he was scary and violent?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2022, 06:06:00 PM »
Update

Nikolas Cruz Dodges the Death Penalty, Will Spend the Rest of His Life in Prison Without Parole
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nikolas-cruz-dodges-the-death-penalty-will-spend-the-rest-of-his-life-in-prison-without-parole/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2022, 06:47:51 PM »
^^^His defense lawyers earned every cent of their fee by escaping the death penalty.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2022, 07:23:04 PM »
Update

Nikolas Cruz Dodges the Death Penalty, Will Spend the Rest of His Life in Prison Without Parole
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nikolas-cruz-dodges-the-death-penalty-will-spend-the-rest-of-his-life-in-prison-without-parole/

Too bad they don't take volunteers to kill that worthless piece of crap.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2023, 10:43:59 AM »
Father suing the US govt for human rights violations under international law

Joaquin Oliver was one of 17 killed in the 2018 massacre. His father, Manuel Oliver, argues in the lawsuit filed Thursday that the United States was obligated under international law to protect his son against such gun violence.

“Joaquin Oliver was killed as a consequence of the actions and omissions of the United States of America that enabled and facilitated high-risk firearm sales to unsuitable civilian buyers and prevented the adoption of widely accepted measures to protect persons from being injured or killed by guns,” Oliver’s lawsuit said.

Arturo Carrillo, director of the George Washington University Civil and Human Rights Law Clinic, helped file the suit on Oliver’s behalf, saying the United States is not above international human rights laws.

“We’re in an international tribunal that can tell the United States as a nation on the globe bound by international human rights law that it must do more by its people. It must protect their right to live free from gunfire,” Carrillo said.

Parkland Victim's Dad at Center of 'Human Rights Lawsuit' Over Gun Laws
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/11/12/human-rights-lawsuit-n77183
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2023, 05:23:42 PM »
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
So they can blame your freedoms for their misfortunes,
Using them as an excuse to remake your land into the same sort of stinking mess they fled from.

Yeah, close the border until further notice.