Author Topic: You folks following this "Election Integrity Partnership" thing?  (Read 281 times)

dogmush

• friend
So I picked up on this from James Woods' twitter post.  It's a twitter thread from a Robby Starbuck, who I guess is a failed congressional candidate from TN.

Here's the thread: https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1577388470200311810

The TL:DR is that the fed.gov and the DNC used this "Election Integrity Partnership" as an intermediary between the gov and big tech to censor right wing folks.  The government would go to EIP with posts or people they wanted shut down, then EIP would go to FB/Twitter and say those folks were misinformation, and the tech companies would shut down the people and/or/ posts.  While this was happening, the 4 companies that make up EIP were receiving federal grant money for fighting election misinformation.  Starbuck has some screenshots and some of the receipts.

I think for me to buy this hook line and sinker, I'd need some more info and background, but I assume we'll see lawsuits and discovery soon.  Or maybe Elon will do a document dump when he gets Twitter.  On the surface though, it looks like a pretty direct line of agents of the government and of the DNC paying to have their opponents censored during an election.  I think we all kinda know big tech leans left and censors selectively, but for me it's a pretty big difference between a platform I know is biased shutting views down, and DHS getting that platform to shut one party down.

Anyway, it's an interesting thread, and even if you don't twitter, it's worth a read and looking at screenshots.