Author Topic: How not to start a bonfire  (Read 775 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: How not to start a bonfire
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2022, 09:07:19 AM »
Prior to our local school homecoming last week they had a bonfire Thursday. They had accelerants diesel I think but they had a bowhunting student shoot a flaming arrow into it. I didn’t see it but apparently the FFA team planned it.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: How not to start a bonfire
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
Have you ever set fire to wood? It takes some work.
For the big pieces, yes.  That is why you gather up some twigs and/or bark.  A few matches plus a little paper make it pretty easier to get a fire going if you can keep the wind from blowing it out. 

I haven't lit a fire in quite some time.  We used to burn trash when I was a kid.  That was a chore well fit for young 8 to 10 year old boys.  We would pull out spray cans and stuff and place them in the fire to watch when they exploded.  Put burning 1 gallon plastic milk jugs on a stick and attack ant beds with smoking plastic droplets.  In the right circumstances, tennis balls and racket balls can explode.  I had cousins who never got to play with matches.  There are some things young kids ought to have experience with. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge