Author Topic: The truck the sheriff shot 10 times was white  (Read 639 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The truck the sheriff shot 10 times was white
« on: October 06, 2022, 10:05:50 PM »
The radio alert said a gray pickup. The truck the sheriff shot 10 times was white.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/The-radio-alert-said-a-gray-pickup-The-truck-the-14395847.php

I came across this one while searching for another story.  The victim in that story has the same name as this Sheriff. 

Summary:  A DPS officer was shot at by a guy he pulled over in a "dark" gray pickup which was then being pursued down the highway.  This sheriff grabbed a full auto rifle and camped out down the road waiting for the vehicle.  A White truck came by and the sheriff decided to fire a burst into the truck severely injuring the driver.  The dark grey truck with active pursuit came through a few moments later. 

Aparently he failed to report it properly on top of that and no one with the county offered to help the guy out with medical bills.  The story just says they are lawyering up. 

Roberts said Sheriff Cantu was not disciplined for the incident. Cantu said if he had to do it over again, his behavior wouldn’t change.

"If the same exact circumstances came up on the day after, I would do the same thing," he said.
I can only assume he means he would shoot an innocent man again. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The truck the sheriff shot 10 times was white
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 12:50:00 AM »

I can only assume he means he would shoot an innocent man again.

That's pretty much exactly what he said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 06:01:18 AM »
Roberts said Sheriff Cantu was not disciplined for the incident. Cantu said if he had to do it over again, his behavior wouldn’t change.

"If the same exact circumstances came up on the day after, I would do the same thing," he said.

That's the kind of hubris that sticks in people's heads when it's time to put folks against the wall.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 09:27:34 AM »
Well, as long as the officer got to go home at the end of his shift...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 09:37:48 AM »
“He told me he saw the police on the side of the road,” Villarreal recalled. “He thought it was weird that they had big guns.”

"Big Guns"

Kimble County Judge Delbert Roberts said one of the shots hit Reyes in the right side of his torso, and that his injuries were relatively minor. "I don't want to say it was superficial," he said. "It was a gunshot. But it missed all the vital organs. Went around his stomach and missed the heart, lung, liver, kidneys and so on."

Wait, minor? I thought AR-15s didn't leave enough body behind to ID?

Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 09:40:07 AM »
“He told me he saw the police on the side of the road,” Villarreal recalled. “He thought it was weird that they had big guns.”

"Big Guns"

Wait, minor? I thought AR-15s didn't leave enough body behind to ID?

Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling

They're still looking for the lungs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 11:21:21 AM »
The girlfriend said he had collapsed lungs so he got hurt pretty bad. 

The other part I noticed was all the language about the guy driving at a high rate of speed and driving in a way that wasn't normal.  I can't remember all of what he said.  I have seen that language used around a number of articles in the past.  I am starting to see that as an indicator that the police are in CYA mode and hoping people buy their BS. 

(crap.  I could pull up this article at home.  At work the sign-in pop up won't go away.)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 11:29:24 AM »
Shooting the truck of color would be a hate crime and a power abuse by the police.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.