Author Topic: Garage Beer  (Read 1685 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Garage Beer
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2022, 08:35:31 AM »
Deschutes Brewery in Bend, OR makes an IPA called "Fresh Squeezed".  It's low on the bitter factor, made with hops that have a lemony note.  A very refreshing taste.  I first had it draft at an Irish pub in Tigard, OR some years back when I had gone back to Oregon to visit my Dad.  It washed down a burger and fries very nicely.
I found it out here in NC a couple of years ago in six pack cans.  Keep it in my pantry fridge, pour it in frozen glass mugs when I want to treat myself.  Delicious.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2022, 09:43:51 AM »
 Not an IPA fan.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2022, 09:45:00 AM »
Not a fan of IPAs
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2022, 11:22:37 PM »
Beer snob that I am, I like a good IPA.  In fact, I haven't had too many that I didn't like.  Probably because they match my personality.   :mad:
I really don't like IPAs. If they match your personality, that means I probably don't like you either.

;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2022, 11:28:27 PM »
Not a fan of IPAs

Try Bell's "Two Hearted" IPA.  It has a much nicer balance than most; doesn't have much Pine-Sol at all, and is not overly bitter ;)
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2022, 07:04:22 AM »
I tend to like porters and stouts... But take a look at black IPAs... Most of them, due to the way the stuff gets cooked, don't have that whang...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2022, 07:06:57 AM »
Brown bottle beer keeps better than green bottle. Canned keeps better than brown bottle.

When Heineken showed up in the seventies, people thought that the "it's going bad skunk" was the way it should be.

And when they introduced kegs that were kept cold, etc., people thought something was wrong.

Heineken actually added a skunk flavor to US kegs...
Blog under construction