Author Topic: CNN "journalists" arrested in Thailand for trespassing on a crime scene  (Read 366 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
https://www.vice.com/en/article/epzmpj/cnn-journalists-arrested-thailand

They claim they were "allowed" to enter the scene. Video evidence suggests otherwise.

Maggots ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: CNN "journalists" arrested in Thailand for trespassing on a crime scene
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »
Honestly, I hate to wish ill on anyone, but I sort of hope they are prosecuted and forced to spend a few months in a Thai prison.  Journalists get too used to be treated softly in the US and Europe.  There should be punishment for things like this.  However, it shouldn't be any harsher than if some random Thai citizen did it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 12:10:50 AM »
Quote from: Teeranai Charuvastra, vice president of the Thai Journalists Association
“Here in Thailand, CNN is highly regarded as one of those professional media [outlets] from the West. The kind of media that sets and practices the standards that other media should meet.”
And there's your problem right there.   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 07:13:31 AM »
""What’s the point of showing a blood-splattered, shot-up nursery?"

Because we need gun control in America!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 07:18:41 AM »
Wait, wait...

I'm confused...

I thought CNN had given up on reporting news and was strictly an opinion outlet for the Democratic party in the US?

Have they actually begun reporting news again?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 07:37:45 AM »
Wait, wait...

I'm confused...

I thought CNN had given up on reporting news and was strictly an opinion outlet for the Democratic party in the US?

Have they actually begun reporting news again?

Guess you haven't heard, since they started trying to be a little bit more balanced they're now considered to be far right wing Trump fascist propaganda by the left .
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 08:18:01 AM »
Guess you haven't heard, since they started trying to be a little bit more balanced they're now considered to be far right wing Trump fascist propaganda by the left .

Oh... fascists... right... right...