Author Topic: The last Boeing 747 built rolls out of the assembly hangar  (Read 247 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The last Boeing 747 built rolls out of the assembly hangar
« on: October 11, 2022, 10:24:04 AM »
https://www.airlive.net/roll-out-of-the-last-Boeing-747-ever-built/amp/?%2Ffbclid=lwAR29itlZ6KS5-_q02mDoPtkHzqrJXfMPX1q_z6TjhP5rrpQRybe3rzM1868&fbclid=IwAR1pHq28hWOCvP_VZ5m8cybbU4l1ARAxmc9ZJNvyHtrlGlAqQxL4W4G1guo

All the 747s are built at Paine Field in Everett.  I used to have a house in Mukilteo about 3/4 of a mile west of Paine Field so I got to see everything flying around in the pattern.  It was particularly great when Paul Allen's warbirds from the Heritage Museum were being exercised.  The museum was sold last year to a member of the Walton family and it is claimed it will reopen in the same location.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
Re: The last Boeing 747 built rolls out of the assembly hangar
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 01:11:32 PM »
The next two incarnations of Air Force 1 (based on the 747-8) are now supposed to be delivered in the 2026-2028 time frame, several years late. Boeing says that it was a "mistake" to accept the $3.9 billion contract because of cost over runs. You'd expect these aircraft to stay in service for a decade or more, but with 747 production ending, I wonder if spare parts will become a concern somewhere down the line. (There's probably a clause in the contracts somewhere about future spare part availability.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 01:58:06 PM »
Spares will continue to be produced for a very long time.  Just the full planes won’t.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 02:54:33 PM »
When we go to Tucson every spring to visit the sister/brother in law, I am always struck by the number of 747s parked in the desert at the storage depots there.  I suspect they will have available parts for a long time.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.