Author Topic: Another Police Beating  (Read 1124 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Another Police Beating
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2023, 01:04:26 PM »
No, but I do think of this on occasion in case I do have interaction with the police.  I have a severe bilateral hearing loss, and if I cannot hear or make out their verbal commands, what should I do to minimize risk to everyone?
Good.  Not shooting at an occupied cop car significantly reduces the chances of being the recipient of police violence.   

Speaking for myself, if guns are not drawn I'll keep my hands visible and obey requests as best I can, but if guns are drawn and I have any doubt whatsoever that I can understand or follow police instructions I will either slowly raise my hands above my head and not move at all until they move me (and know that I might eat some strikes going down if the situation is particularly bad) or if at all possible lay spread eagle on the ground and not move anything until they move me.  If I do decide to move anything, I'll do it very, very slowly.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Another Police Beating
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2023, 01:52:20 PM »
Compliance strikes aren’t necessarily performed with a firearm, and striking with a gun isn’t typically the first choice, but was the above supposed to be pearl clutching because the cops covered the guy who just shot at them?

Not clutching any pearls, just pointing out that once again, Police training is for *expletive deleted*it.  It's a miracle they don't shoot people more often.