Author Topic: Biden Administration Proposes Merging the United States With Mexico and Canada  (Read 725 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Biden Administration Proposes MERGING U.S. With Mexico and Canada.

I don't see how this could be possible without a constiutional amendment relinquishing our soverenty. No treaty could cover the range and extent of such a "merger". Now, if Canada and Mexico wish to divi-up their provinces and states  and allow them to become new US states, we could talk.

I seriously doubt Canada would relinquish any of its sovereignty, and I doubt the drug cartels in Mexico would sit still for such an event. This liberal/progressive wet dream has little chance of becoming a reality.We were never meant to be a subject of a suzerain.

Thoughts?

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Do we even WANT Mexico?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Blakenzy

• friend
So basically they want to officially recognize what they have already been doing under the table?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
This wouldn't just take an amendment.  It would take a new Constitution.  Of course, many Democrats probably think it would just take an executive order. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
 ;/

I expect the Federal Government looks with envy at the sheer level of corruption allowed to the Mexican government, and the authoritarian policies of the Canadian government.

Most people in the world are far more accepting of crooked, statist tribal government than American citizens.  I expect this is one of the major motivations of our gov in encourage mass migration, from corrupt tribal cultures.

cordex

• Administrator
I'm sure I wouldn't love whatever they mean by "consolidating" the area, but I'm not sure it was intended to mean what the pundits have framed it to mean.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Same notion was floated late in the Dubya era, too, if I remember right.

Globalists of both Left and Right stripes LOVE treaties, because they carry parity with a Constitutional Amendment but only require ratification by the Senate.  They're effectively immune to legal challenge via SCOTUS.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Do we even WANT Mexico?

Do we want Canadia?  (parts of it, maybe, absent whatever part voted Fidel's kid in.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Do we want Canadia?  (parts of it, maybe, absent whatever part voted Fidel's kid in.)

B.C. and Alberta have nice scenery.  Is there any gold left in the Yukon?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Pb

• friend
I'd like the parts of Canada that have no people living in them.  Lots of seasonal hunting and fishing land.

HankB

• friend
Do we even WANT Mexico?
Can't we give them Puerto Rico and Southern California?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
IMHO, we should make Puerto Rico a state. If they want.

Blog under construction

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Do we even WANT Mexico?

No.

Even more no.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
No.

Even more no.

+1. The PR is even more of a shithole than Mexico. 90% of that population has their hands out for free stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I guess the those *expletive deleted*ing idiots in the Biden administration really do want to start a Civil War.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I guess the those *expletive deleted*ing idiots in the Biden administration really do want to start a Civil War.

Well, you just made Mayorkas's domestic terrorist extremist list. Well done!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System

It'll be anything but civil
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
I'd like the parts of Canada that have no people living in them.  Lots of seasonal hunting and fishing land.

Alberta and Saskatchewan are actually potentially candidates for new states.  BC, Ontario, and Quebec will likely never vote to join the USA.  The Maritime provinces might.  Not sure about Manitoba, they might go with Alberta and Saskatchewan.  The rest are even more sparsely populated than Alaska, and mostly by “First Nations” which are not especially likely to want to join the USA.  Be cool to get Yukon and Northwest Territory just because that would make Alaska contiguous to the lower 48.

Hawkmoon

• friend

NO!

Not even if they would agree to laws and the Constitution being in English -- which they won't agree to anyway.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Maybe instead we could give "Bosyorkington" to Canada.  In exchange for the sane parts in the middle.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.