Author Topic: The Smartest Generation  (Read 291 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The Smartest Generation
« on: October 21, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »
Let's hear it for my people - Gen X.

According to the survey, Gen Xers, those born between 1965 and 1980, now prefer a Republican candidate to a Democratic candidate 59 percent to 38 percent, a huge gap unmatched by the other age groups. (Boomers, the next closest group, split at 48 percent for each.)

That wasn’t the only bad news for Democrats. Fifty-six percent of Gen Xers “strongly disapprove” of Joe Biden’s job performance—a percentage nine points higher than the disapproval of Baby Boomers and 20 points higher than that of Millennials. Donald Trump has the highest approval rating and lowest unfavorable rating among Gen X voters. Forty-two percent of my generation describe Democrats as a threat to democracy; 50 percent say the same about Biden.

The Times poll isn’t an outlier. A whopping 64 percent of Gen Xers disapprove of Biden, eight points higher than the next closest age group, the Boomers, according to a Morning Consult survey conducted earlier this month. Gen Xers are most likely to believe the country is on the wrong track; plan to vote Republican next month; think coronavirus hysteria is a bigger threat to the economy than to public health; disapprove of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; and approve of Trump.

A new CBS News poll shows Biden with a 51 percent “strongly disapprove” rating and Republicans with a seven-point advantage over Democrats among Gen Xers. Fifty-six percent describe the Democratic Party as “extreme.”

But there’s nothing really new in these responses. In fact, a 2014 Columbia University paper analyzing the voting habits of five generations of white Americans dating back to 1855 shows Gen X as the most reliably Republican generation in history;  those born in the mid-to-late 1960s are the most Republican of all.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/10/19/gen-x-to-democrats-eat-my-shorts/

I was born in 1976. I sometimes exhibit Boomer and Millennial traits, but until now, I didn't realize we Xers are the smartest generation.  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: The Smartest Generation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 06:15:27 PM »
>gen x is smart gen
Early boomer parents sure didn't teach us that.
7-11 was a part time job.