Author Topic: Beef Stew and Homemade Bread Weather  (Read 1877 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Beef Stew and Homemade Bread Weather
« on: October 23, 2022, 01:19:19 PM »
I finally have nice, cold, comfort food cooking weather in my AO. I found a hunk of chuck in the chest freezer yesterday, so I decided to bake bread and cook stew today.  =)

I was going to get fancy and do beef bourguignon, but that would have required a trip into the fancy grocery store in the city, so I'm making a "Ben stew", kind of a cross between regular meat, potatoes, and carrots stew and beef bourguignon. I left out a lot of the beef bourguignon fancy ingredients, but kept the wine and cognac.  =D

Anyway, the house is smelling great right now. I just pulled the bread out of the oven and will soon be smearing a slice with butter and washing it down with the rest of the wine as I wait for the stew to finish up. A nice Sunday.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Beef Stew and Homemade Bread Weather
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 06:47:12 PM »
"beef bourguignon"

I don't know what that is...

I have heard of Beef Boogaloo, though. Is it similar? :rofl:

I was going to make chili today, but yesterday I really screwed up my knee. INCREDIBLY painful. Decided I didn't want to try.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 07:19:33 PM »

I have heard of Beef Boogaloo, though. Is it similar? :rofl:

Oh yeah. I hadn't made it in so long that I forgot we officially changed the name.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 12:23:20 PM »
Beef boogaloo is amurican
beef bourguignon Is French
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 12:24:31 PM »
The great thing about stew is that it is and always has been about whatever we peasants have on hand.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 09:13:15 AM »
SWMBO picked up chili fixin's last night. I have everything for buttermilk cornbread. Gonna be a good weekend.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 09:30:55 AM »
BOOGALOO!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.