Author Topic: Stop Prop 114 - Oregon  (Read 2686 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Stop Prop 114 - Oregon
« on: October 24, 2022, 02:13:22 PM »
https://www.oregonfirearms.org/stop-114

Measure 114…DANGEROUS, MISLEADING, EXTREME
https://stop114.com/

I heard this mentioned on Gun Talk Radio.  Sounds like a pretty bad anti-gun ballot measure on the ballot this year in Oregon.  Good luck to you up there. 

One of the guys who called in seemed to think Democrats would lose their majority in Oregon this year.  How likely do you think that will be?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Stop Prop 114 - Oregon
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 02:16:25 PM »
Wow, that seems worse than "may issue" CCW states.

I'd expect that to get scorched by SCOTUS on challenge.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 02:19:31 PM »
Wow, that seems worse than "may issue" CCW states.

I'd expect that to get scorched by SCOTUS on challenge.
I would expect it to get stopped at the Federal District Court level, but that would still mean gun stores in limbo for a while.  Hopefully, it gets defeated from the start.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 03:24:06 PM »
"Lets close the background check loophole." - Latest bullshit propaganda being pushed via youtube's totally unbiased and totally impartial political ad system (that only shows leftist ads and makes them unskippable.)

Yeah, filing a 4473 and getting an NICS instant check constitutes a "loophole."

Welcome to the circus with no exit.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 04:14:44 PM »
"Lets close the background check loophole." - Latest bullshit propaganda being pushed via youtube's totally unbiased and totally impartial political ad system (that only shows leftist ads and makes them unskippable.)

Yeah, filing a 4473 and getting an NICS instant check constitutes a "loophole."

Welcome to the circus with no exit.

Is Oregon like Washington now, in that all transfers have to go through a FFL and background check?  They were doing the same 'loophole' argument in Washington pertaining to the gunshows and private transfers.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 06:27:50 PM »
Is Oregon like Washington now, in that all transfers have to go through a FFL and background check?  They were doing the same 'loophole' argument in Washington pertaining to the gunshows and private transfers.

Has been no-private-transfer since 2015.  The loophole language is just manipulative lying.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 07:17:50 AM »
Has been no-private-transfer since 2015.  The loophole language is just manipulative lying.
Whoa, whoa, whoa ... hold on here for a second.  You aren't seriously suggesting that politicians might lie to advance their political goals are you?  In the US political system?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 10:28:42 AM »
I would shocked if the courts found this garbage unconstitutional.   :mad:

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 10:29:03 AM »

Huh.  Kinda makes you want to ask where ANTIFA got those guns for the friendly fire incident this summer.  It's weird, since They are almost all illegal users of MJ, so they couldn't possibly have gotten them from a gun shop.   

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 03:49:18 PM »
Got to get the kids in on the act

Students at Lake Oswego High School are set to lead a walkout against gun violence after a student was shot outside Jefferson High School in Portland.

Those taking part in the planned walkout say they hope to encourage people to vote in support of Measure 114, which is on the November ballot.

Students at Oregon high school plan anti-gun walkout
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/10/25/anti-gun-walkout-n63600
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 04:48:33 PM »
Lake Oswego is a city just to the south of Portland.  It is even more lefty than Portland if you can imagine that.
My sister owns a home there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 09:26:20 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/waiting-period-is-baked-into-gun-ballot-measure-in-oregon/

If this passes in Oregon, and I bet it will, since the Portland area dominates state politics, how long before we have something on ballot in Washington?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 07:42:56 AM »
I don't know why I'm seeing them in Idaho (maybe youtube thinks that's my location), but I'm seeing a bunch of pro 114 commercials on the youtubz TV.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 08:25:15 AM »
I don't know why I'm seeing them in Idaho (maybe youtube thinks that's my location), but I'm seeing a bunch of pro 114 commercials on the youtubz TV.

It's so all the new Boise residents know what to put on the Oregon mail in ballots they still get.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 08:35:45 AM »
It's so all the new Boise residents know what to put on the Oregon mail in ballots they still get.

:laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 04:48:20 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 04:51:55 PM »
Sorry if I missed it but is there grandfathering of >10rd mags or is this a turn them in type ban?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 05:04:34 PM »
Linn County (Oregon) sheriff gives the middle finger to measure 114:

https://kpic.com/news/local/linn-county-sheriffs-office-is-not-going-to-be-enforcing-magazine-capacity-limits-oregon-ballot-measure-114

Good for him. Though I guess much will depend on what the state police do, unless he's going to arrest state troopers attempting to arrest county residents.

I'll be curious as to what the Malheur County Sherriff does, as that's who I have my non-resident permit with. In some ways he seems very pro gun, but in other ways he seems to maybe be a "letter of the law" guy.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 08:42:41 PM »
Good for him. Though I guess much will depend on what the state police do, unless he's going to arrest state troopers attempting to arrest county residents.

I'll be curious as to what the Malheur County Sherriff does, as that's who I have my non-resident permit with. In some ways he seems very pro gun, but in other ways he seems to maybe be a "letter of the law" guy.

I hope the Linn County Sheriff arrests you.  You got her pronoun wrong.  And you misgendered her.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 11:31:23 PM »
I hope the Linn County Sheriff arrests you.  You got her pronoun wrong.  And you misgendered her.

Even worse, Ben is a cisgendered white heterosexual male.  Basically evil incarnate.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2022, 07:23:20 AM »
Even worse, Ben is a cisgendered white heterosexual male.  Basically evil incarnate.

And loving every minute of it.  =D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2022, 08:45:48 AM »

They'll be declaring that as some form of insanity soon and an automatic trigger for a Red Flag.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 09:01:08 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2022, 08:58:16 AM »
The politicians (politicians - a word that has become an epithet) pushing laws they know are unconstitutional don't care - they figure so long as they cause problems for their political opponents, it doesn't matter since the procedure itself is the punishment. It costs the opposition time and legal fees to fight, and after they win, they've still taken a financial hit, whereas the politicians are financially insulated from their actions.

And then they start all over and do it again - and NOT just with RKBA issues.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 09:05:51 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2022, 11:14:14 AM »
The left knows that once they replace a couple of supreme court justices, this pesky second amendment thing will go away for good.

They are just writing laws for this occasion.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2022, 07:57:01 AM »

Well, to answer my own question, he appears to have joined the sheriffs that will not enforce the mag ban, but says that he will cooperate with licensing, so I guess kinda conforming to my view of him.

https://komonews.com/news/local/some-oregon-sheriffs-vow-not-to-enforce-parts-of-gun-control-measure#

While everything about this is unconstitutional, to my mind, the licensing is 100X worse than the mag restrictions, and it seems the sheriffs should focus on saying they won't enforce that.