Author Topic: Paul Pelosi attacked in his home  (Read 6492 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Paul Pelosi attacked in his home
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2022, 12:11:51 PM »
Oh no they have been comparing it to Jan 6

Everything conservatives do is Jan 6.  And Jan 6 was worse than 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and the Lincoln assassination combined.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2022, 01:50:11 PM »
If a Holocaust survivor had been found among the J6 MAGA meanies, the Atlantic would publish an essay titled, "Rethinking the Holocaust: Did Some of Them Deserve It?"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2022, 02:12:07 PM »
Everything conservatives do is Jan 6.  And Jan 6 was worse than 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and the Lincoln assassination combined.

Lincoln was a racist Nazi! (or something like that, so I'm told)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2022, 04:55:47 PM »
Hillary shooting her mouth off again.
Guess the republican party is a cult. A cult of deplorables

Republicans claim you should vote for them because they're tough on crime.

But when one of their cult members commits a crime against Paul Pelosi, they couldn't care less. pic.twitter.com/GnLMv1ggSc

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) November 2, 2022

Hillary Clinton: How can Republicans be tough on crime when they’re fine with the Pelosi attack
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/02/hillary-clinton-how-can-republicans-be-tough-on-crime-when-theyre-fine-with-the-pelosi-attack/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2022, 05:41:39 PM »
The intrepid journalists at the Washington Post are calling for bodycam footage NOT to be released, because it will stoke conspiracy theories.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/02/wapo-calls-to-release-the-video-of-the-paul-pelosi-attack-only-stoke-conspiracy-theories/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2022, 05:45:45 PM »
The intrepid journalists at the Washington Post are calling for bodycam footage NOT to be released, because it will stoke conspiracy theories.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/02/wapo-calls-to-release-the-video-of-the-paul-pelosi-attack-only-stoke-conspiracy-theories/

Yeah, jut saw that.  :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2022, 12:06:03 PM »
Disconcerting not just because they did this with the Pelosi story, but apparently it's possible to go back into the Wayback Machine and change earlier versions of web pages? Or else the Wayback people did this? If true, it's disappointing, as I have always respected and appreciated the Internet Archive's efforts to preserve internet and media history, unedited.

The article goes on to note that the story has been corrected.  This is true.  Here's the story now.

Here's the correction:  Note that the correction does not actually mention the word underwear.  Even the Wayback links have the correction appended.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/03/brutal-thread-blasts-media-for-twisting-and-retelling-paul-pelosi-attack-story-to-help-democrats/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2022, 01:43:50 PM »
Disconcerting not just because they did this with the Pelosi story, but apparently it's possible to go back into the Wayback Machine and change earlier versions of web pages? Or else the Wayback people did this? If true, it's disappointing, as I have always respected and appreciated the Internet Archive's efforts to preserve internet and media history, unedited.

Winston Smith has been busy.
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2022, 02:26:51 PM »
Somethings a wack job is just a wack job.

At least it's a job  :cool:
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2022, 03:18:58 PM »

If what happened is what they said, the video will show that and will end the conspiracy theories.  Apparently they think there is something on that video that is strange enough to stoke more theories. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »
Reported on the not conservative Today Show, Pelosi opened the door for cops, then walked back to stand next to Depape. Also stated was that the hammer was in Pelosi's hand at that point and that Depape then took it from him and hit him.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/04/new-bizarre-details-from-inside-paul-pelosi-attack-debunk-lefts-nudist-maga-hippie-claims-watch/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2022, 10:11:50 AM »
The Today Show will be called extreme far right wing MAGA propaganda. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2022, 10:31:52 AM »
I just think it's absolutely amazing that the Justice apartment is now taking an interest in illegal aliens committing crimes...

Or... one illegal alien committing one crime.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2022, 11:39:43 AM »
If what happened is what they said, the video will show that and will end the conspiracy theories.

I would have expected the suspect corroborating "the official story" to have slowed down the conspiracies, but it did not. I'm not sure how the conspiracy explains that, whether the theory is he was forced/coached or the SFPD & FBI straight up lied about his interview after being arrested. I'm not optimistic that video would do much at this point - people would complain it took too long, or didn't show everything, or was simply fake. Like most conspiracies, people believe it because they want to.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2022, 12:04:22 PM »
I would have expected the suspect corroborating "the official story" to have slowed down the conspiracies, but it did not.
To be clear, exactly which official story are you saying he corroborated?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2022, 12:40:59 PM »
Anytime officials suppress evidence it usually invites more people (more than normal) to entertain conspiracies.  They assume there is something they are hiding which is often true. 

I wouldn't be surprised if their story is true, but if so, I can't explain why they wouldn't release the video.  Makes me think something about the incident was embarrassing in some way and Mrs. Pelosi is up for election right now.  We will see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2022, 01:05:39 PM »
The two links below cover it pretty well.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1548106/download
https://docs-cdn-prod.news-engineering.aws.wapo.pub/publish_document/98827cd0-db7e-410b-9fbd-00b89dc6d033/published/98827cd0-db7e-410b-9fbd-00b89dc6d033.pdf
The short version is that a man broke into Nancy Pelosi's house to attack her and maybe hold her hostage. Instead he found her husband who managed to call 911. When police arrived the man realized the jig was up, got angry and bashed Mr. Pelosi in the head with the same hammer he used to break in. Police arrested the man and Mr. Pelosi was taken to the hospital.

I can't explain why they wouldn't release the video.  Makes me think something about the incident was embarrassing in some way
I'm not sure the laws regarding such video, but I can say that if I were the victim of a crime like this in my own home I would not care to have that footage released. Victims deserve some measure of privacy when possible and there are plenty of issues with that stemming from police body cameras let alone home surveillance video. It would be worthwhile to use it as evidence in court, but I wouldn't release it just to appease people who will likely never be appeased anyway.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 01:17:48 PM by DittoHead »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2022, 01:32:43 PM »
I already knew that almost no one remembers what "conspiracy" means. I still find it interesting that even being skeptical of the view of events conveyed by the media has routinely been referred to as "conspiracy theory," when it comes to this event.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2022, 02:19:22 PM »
I already knew that almost no one remembers what "conspiracy" means. I still find it interesting that even being skeptical of the view of events conveyed by the media has routinely been referred to as "conspiracy theory," when it comes to this event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2022, 02:32:31 PM »
The problem is that "conspiracy theory" when used to mean "baseless, speculative idea" would apply equally to a huge number of media reports and public statements by the President, other politicians, etc.  When you call it a conspiracy theory you get to bake in doubting The Official Story, whatever that is at a given moment.

Once doubting The Official Story becomes a worthy of mockery, sophists to play Motte-and-bailey word games try to confuse doubting the obviously politically motivated, baseless, speculative ideas pushed by people whose politics they like with doubting facts.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2022, 03:32:42 PM »
ON REVISIONISM IN AUTHORITATIVE SOURCES

Tragically funny.

Not too long ago I posted something on "Unit 731," the Japanese medical experiment facility in China.  Bearing in mind my own recollections of  other Wiki articles having been "sanitized" I gave a link to the highly uncomplimentary article about this.

I recommended that my readers capture copies of that article on their own memory devices in case the Unit 731 article was ever massaged to soften it.

I dont know if it has actually been "polished;" I don't have time to check that, but my point here is that  I was aware long ago of the possibility of revisionism in authoritative sources and recommended personal storage of important matters.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 03:58:56 PM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2022, 10:09:30 AM »
Because of course...

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/11/09/pelosi-attacker-granted-sanctuary-wont-be-given-to-ice-n509248

Those dang, Republican sanctuary policies strike once again.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2022, 08:06:02 PM »

- Barack Obama