Author Topic: Paul Pelosi attacked in his home  (Read 6482 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Paul Pelosi attacked in his home
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2022, 09:23:24 AM »
I'm not sure if that means you're in the "He's a right wing extremist nutcase" camp. Because I'm seeing some pretty interesting video clips of interactions at AOC town halls. I don't think we can automatically assume that if either a D or R politician is attacked, that it's automatically an "extremist" from the other side. Each side has subset demographics that hate their political leadership.

I think he's crazy enough, either naturally or through extensive drug use or both, that he doesn't really inhabit the political spectrum as we know it in any coherent matter. He's a nutjob who seems eager to believe any conspiracy theory out there. At this moment in time, the more popular conspiracies tend to have a right wing tilt so that's why he appears to be motivated by some of the same things as the very far right fringe. When left wing conspiracies were more popular, he appeared more left wing. He just drifts along wherever the crazy brings him.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2022, 09:29:09 AM »
Somethings a wack job is just a wack job.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2022, 09:41:28 AM »
I think he's crazy enough, either naturally or through extensive drug use or both, that he doesn't really inhabit the political spectrum as we know it in any coherent matter. He's a nutjob who seems eager to believe any conspiracy theory out there. At this moment in time, the more popular conspiracies tend to have a right wing tilt so that's why he appears to be motivated by some of the same things as the very far right fringe. When left wing conspiracies were more popular, he appeared more left wing. He just drifts along wherever the crazy brings him.
I tend agree with this, although the more nuanced perspective in this post doesn't seem to square with your previous (much more typical) gotcha post.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2022, 09:44:57 AM »
I heard speculation that Mr. Pelosi called this guy a "friend" when he called the police because he thought that guy was listening and didn't want to alarm him.  I guess that is plausible.  Still and odd situation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2022, 09:46:50 AM »
I'm not sure if that means you're in the "He's a right wing extremist nutcase" camp. Because I'm seeing some pretty interesting video clips of interactions at AOC town halls. I don't think we can automatically assume that if either a D or R politician is attacked, that it's automatically an "extremist" from the other side. Each side has subset demographics that hate their political leadership.

This should be carved on a stone tablet somewhere.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2022, 10:18:02 AM »
This should be carved on a stone tablet somewhere.
But even that is not "set in stone". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
I tend agree with this, although the more nuanced perspective in this post doesn't seem to square with your previous (much more typical) gotcha post.
If someone asks me a serious question in good faith I can give a serious answer but considering that a good portion of this thread (and many here) is wild speculation, snark, memes, and dark humor, I hope to be forgiven for my own occasional low-effort post that may employ sarcasm or wit* instead of a detailed & nuanced position.  :angel:

*(attempted)
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
Premium article, but below is the gist. It seems there are still widely conflicting stories from various "official" sources. It certainly seems, however, that there were no security people, the security system was off, and the security cameras were off. None of that helps quell the conflicting stories.

I don't know what standard protocols are for security for a Speaker of the House (or their residences, occupied or unoccupied). It sure seems like Paul Pelosi is something of an alcoholic though, so even with whatever protocols, a few drinks in he'd probably be shining them on without human security onsite to make sure all systems are on.

So far regarding the police entering, it has been, "A third person opened the door"; "One of the two men opened the door"; and, "The police broke through the door". If it was #2, then the story about the police walking in on the two men struggling over the hammer couldn't have occurred.

No security was present at the Pelosi residence when a man broke in on Oct. 28 and tried murdering Paul Pelosi, San Francisco’s top prosecutor said on Oct. 31.

“There was no security present,” interim San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins told reporters during a press conference as she announced a slew of felony charges, including attempted murder, against David DePape.

A spokesperson for U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) did not respond to requests for comment about the lack of security. Nancy Pelosi and her husband, Paul Pelosi, have a combined net worth of approximately $344 million.

DePape, 42, was able to break a window in a glass door at the rear of the Pelosi residence in San Francisco and forced his way inside, Jenkins said.

He then went upstairs into a bedroom, where Paul Pelosi, the husband of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), was sleeping, according to authorities.

Paul Pelosi was woken up; DePape asked where Nancy Pelosi was. When he was told she wasn’t there, he said he would wait for her. Paul Pelosi asked to use the bathroom, according to Jenkins, and while inside called 911.

Once DePape figured out the call had been made, he took Paul Pelosi downstairs.

Officers arrived within two minutes of the call, Jenkins said.

Officers knocked on the door and the door was opened. The person who opened the door remains unclear. An FBI affidavit said it was Pelosi but Jenkins said that authorities don’t know which of the men opened the door.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-security-at-pelosi-home-when-man-tried-murdering-paul-pelosi-district-attorney_4832841.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2022, 11:29:06 AM »
Premium article, but below is the gist. It seems there are still widely conflicting stories from various "official" sources. It certainly seems, however, that there were no security people, the security system was off, and the security cameras were off. None of that helps quell the conflicting stories.

Video was uploaded to Hillary's server
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2022, 12:41:55 PM »
More Joy Reid

Nancy Pelosi’s husband is recovering in a hospital named after someone whose social media platforms have helped make him a target. (via @TheReidOut Blog) https://t.co/B3UI06srmb

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 1, 2022

The hospital
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
Yeah, that Zuckerbrg

Now that the dems are, maybe, losing every media outlet is suddenly a extreme far right wing enemy of the people. I hope many of these outlets remember that.

The ReidOut blogger reveals ‘the sick twist of fate underlying the Paul Pelosi attack’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/01/the-reidout-blogger-reveals-the-sick-twist-of-fate-underlying-the-paul-pelosi-attack/

- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2022, 12:47:44 PM »
Is it possible that the Speaker of the House only has Federal security at their residence when the Speaker is actually at the residence?  So when the Speaker is in DC or out on official business, the residential security detail is pulled?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2022, 06:49:14 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2022, 06:57:18 PM »
Is it possible that the Speaker of the House only has Federal security at their residence when the Speaker is actually at the residence?  So when the Speaker is in DC or out on official business, the residential security detail is pulled?

If there’s nobody else in the house I could see that.  But presumably the spouse or other immediate family members of such a high profile person would be just as at risk and in need of protection as the main person.  Otherwise they could be kidnapped, or harmed in order to damage the main person even if they can’t access that main person directly.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2022, 07:12:42 PM »
No one needs more than a 10 inch hammer. Ban high capacity long hammers
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2022, 08:15:19 PM »
No one needs more than a 10 inch hammer. Ban high capacity long hammers
Thereby perpetuating the perennial popularity of the portulent Nine Pound Hammer
https://youtu.be/_u964a0f38s
7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2022, 08:50:06 PM »
Thereby perpetuating the perennial popularity of the portulent Nine Pound Hammer
https://youtu.be/_u964a0f38s

Respect.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2022, 09:47:32 PM »
Just had an idea... After I win the Powerball tomorrow night, every night I'm going to hire a different SF nutjob to play a trombone outside the Pelosi house. A different one every night, since I'm sure there will be some arrests, but I could hire a different one every night. Talent for music, or any training at all, not necessary. Weekends I might also include a drummer. Hell, holidays, do a whole drum circle...

"Yeah, when you get out of jail for disturbing the peace, you'll have this waiting for you. Deal?"
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2022, 12:25:49 AM »
Cow bells and tambourines, easy to make noise with, annoying as hell to most everyone when played poorly, or as a solo instrument.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2022, 08:13:13 AM »

Correct. Nancy Pelosi's security detail travels with her.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2022, 09:45:53 AM »
Bagpipes, Bogie.  Bagpipes.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »
Apparently if you have any doubt this guy was anything but a full on raging MAGA extreme right wing Trump following Nazi you're a raging MAGA extreme right wing Trump following Nazi conspiracy nut.

Almost shocked I haven't seen someone compare it to 9-11 or J6.....yet
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2022, 11:20:11 AM »
Apparently ... you're a raging MAGA extreme right wing Trump following Nazi conspiracy nut.
They keep saying that. I do not think it means what they think it means.
7-11 was a part time job.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2022, 11:28:42 AM »
Apparently if you have any doubt this guy was anything but a full on raging MAGA extreme right wing Trump following Nazi you're a raging MAGA extreme right wing Trump following Nazi conspiracy nut.

Almost shocked I haven't seen someone compare it to 9-11 or J6.....yet

Oh no they have been comparing it to Jan 6
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2022, 11:30:04 AM »
Oh no they have been comparing it to Jan 6

Either I just over looked and haven't seen that or my brain's safely circuits kicked in when I did.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2022, 11:50:37 AM »
06JAN is the new civil war, and Paul Pelosi is the new 9/11 is how I think it works at the moment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."