Author Topic: Confession  (Read 266 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Confession
« on: October 28, 2022, 01:14:23 AM »
Hi. My name is Hawkmoon, and I am an addict.

I just realized that I have become addicted to free cloud storage services. It started several years ago, with Dropbox. Dropbox was great, for a while. Then it started to get a bit clunky, as they shifted their emphasis more heavily toward business users. Then they imposed a limit on the number of devices that a free account could connect to a single Dropbox account. I have more devices than they allow, so Dropbox was no longer a solution.

In the nick of time, along came pCloud, which I use and like -- except for the fact that if you don't use your account at least once every 30 days, you get blocked and have to log in from scratch. The files are still there, but it's a nuisance.

Along the way I've added Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Apple iCloud, and Google Drive.

And I just added two more: Proton Drive, and Ice Drive. Proton Drive is limited to 1 GB for a free account, but it's encrypted storage. Ice Drive allows 10 GB for a free account, and they include software to map (they call it "mount") the cloud location as a logical drive on your computer.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this free cloud storage, other than play with it and store the occasional file -- but it's interesting to see what's available out there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Confession
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 08:13:39 AM »
What is this? A State Farm True Confession commercial or something?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Confession
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 03:10:04 PM »
I pay the $1.99 on Crapple (apple) to keep my wife's iPhone backed up.
I do the same for the 100gb Google Drive data space for snits & giggles.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!