Author Topic: Tim Ryan Shoots Like a Girl  (Read 2120 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tim Ryan Shoots Like a Girl
« on: November 05, 2022, 12:17:49 PM »
Here's Tim Ryan showing how he's a gun guy:

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2022/11/05/tim-ryan-goes-to-a-gun-range-to-show-hes-one-of-the-common-folk-and-yikes-just-watch/

Pretty much every girl I've ever taught to shoot did the "lean back" until they were corrected. Possibly something with the female anatomy. When I see a guy do it, it just screams wuss.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Tim Ryan Shoots Like a Girl
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 12:25:08 PM »
"Like a Girl"
The dems consider that a plus nowadays
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 12:45:12 PM »
Shoot like a girl?

Like this girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XEFc9WACw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJLIA0Lwzk

(not entirely convinced her or her dad is just entirely human though)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 02:48:38 PM »
The women I have taught to shoot tended to listen and do as instructed as the only preconceived notions they had were from TV but they tended to believe my instructions and follow them. MANY of them were EXCELLENT shots!

"Ok, you look here, put the post thingy in the center of the "U" thingy with the tops level and the where you want to hit on top of the post thingy?" BLAM! <bullseye> hang my head.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »
Since the thread might be heading in that direction, I'm not saying women can't shoot. Someone like Lena can outshoot me any day of the week.

I was saying that women going into it cold turkey seem to be predisposed to lean back until taught otherwise, whether through anatomy or fear of the recoil. I've not seen nearly as many men do that. If they don't already lean forward, they seem to mostly be at least upright.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 03:39:57 PM »
Even Democrats have moved on from the cradled double-barrel to actually shooting a semi-automatic antipersonnel gun in their ads. Nice.

This seems in line with the rest of his campaign, if I remember right. Wasn't he trying to portray himself as not entirely anti-Trump?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 04:14:24 PM »
Tim Ryan is channeling his inner Michael Dukakis.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2022, 06:04:18 PM »
This was further down on the link.  =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 07:26:25 PM »
Vance save us from that retard...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2022, 08:36:48 PM »
This was further down on the link.  =)

LMAO!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2022, 08:42:34 PM »
MANY of them were EXCELLENT shots!

My daughter after only a few range sessions can easily out shoot me with my 45+ years experience. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2022, 11:08:46 PM »
I have taught a fair number of women to shoot. Some in the military didn't like guns but had to. They tend to lean away. Most of the time it is an upper body strength thing or a perception they are not strong enough. I try to get a forward lean without going full tactical turtle which I am prone to do myself. I try to coach shoulders forward of hips forward of ankles. In general women learn quicker and coach better probably because they haven't gotten internet gun culture ideas of how awesome they are.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 06:28:26 AM »
The women I have taught to shoot tended to listen and do as instructed as the only preconceived notions they had were from TV but they tended to believe my instructions and follow them. MANY of them were EXCELLENT shots!

"Ok, you look here, put the post thingy in the center of the "U" thingy with the tops level and the where you want to hit on top of the post thingy?" BLAM! <bullseye> hang my head.

Same. The women listened.

The men I taught to shoot?

I'M BIG DICK BLOWHARD AND I DON'T NEED ANY *expletive deleted*ing INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO SHOOT! I'M A MAN! NOW WHICH END DOES THE BULLET COME OUT?

I quit teach altogether when a guy (I only taught people I knew, by the way) absolutely would not listen and finally ended up putting a round into the side barrier about a foot in front of me.

Lesson done, teaching career? *expletive deleted*ck that *expletive deleted*it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 08:23:48 AM »
The Babylon Bee is weighing in.

https://youtu.be/WxQVUNPeWnc

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2022, 09:12:10 AM »
If it's true that girl beginners are more likely to lean, 2 theories:

1. They're not as worried about looking like they're afraid.

2. Guys tend to have a better understanding of mechanics. We may not consciously know that the best way to manage recoil is to get closer to the gun, but we're more likely to figure it out for ourselves.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2022, 09:49:27 AM »
College computer lab I used to work in analogy.
Girls would ask more questions and were more open to suggestions to correct what they were doing wrong.
Guys would sit and bang away at the computer trying to figure it out themselves and were much less likely to ask for help.

Another one. Asking for directions.
Girls: Lets ask that man over there.
Guys: Nope, nope, nope, I know exactly where we are!
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2022, 09:51:57 AM »
If it's true that girl beginners are more likely to lean, 2 theories:

1. They're not as worried about looking like they're afraid.

2. Guys tend to have a better understanding of mechanics. We may not consciously know that the best way to manage recoil is to get closer to the gun, but we're more likely to figure it out for ourselves.

This is Hot Ukrainian Ex Coworker her first time shooting. I find this a typical "new girl" stance before correction (including hand placement). The recoil didn't seem to bother her at all, so I don't think "recoil apprehension" was involved. Admittedly, her arms are not too far off what I was getting her to as at the time, I was shooting pistols Jeff Cooper style. I didn't switch to a more modern stance until maybe 10 years ago.

I recall that when she sent photos to her mom, she said her mom was making fun of her about doing her typical "modeling pose" which I guess she did in other pictures, so there could be a "looking cool" component to how some women (and men) start out.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2022, 09:54:36 AM »

But many guys are more likely to THINK they have a better understanding of mechanics and more are more likely to argue with you on the matter.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2022, 11:38:41 AM »
Terri before I started stressing proper grip over safety, aiming, and trigger pull.

She had also just been stressed the issue with the side blast of a revolver between the cyl and barrel so she "Tea Cupped". That was the next lesson.
MOLON LABE!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2022, 09:15:18 PM »
In my experience with new shooters, they tend to be apprehe sive of being close to the thing that goes BANG.  The lean back seems to be a subconscious effort to keep the brain box away from the BANG.  Gender doesn't seem to matter.   Take away for the O.P. is that Ryan has minimal (if any) firearms experience
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2022, 09:18:19 PM »
A blast from the past

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2022, 07:31:45 AM »
Not sure why so many people freak out over the tea cup grip.

In some situations it's actually very useful.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 07:49:38 AM »
Not sure why so many people freak out over the tea cup grip.

In some situations it's actually very useful.

Like SOB holsters it's useful in limited circumstances, actively bad in most others, and tends to be a sign someone is untrained and more likely to not fully control the pistol, that's why.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 08:05:24 AM »
Well thank GOD no one says one word to me when I draw my .45 Long Colt from my SOB holster, tea cup the grip and punch nice tight groups on the target...  ;/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2022, 08:12:42 AM »
Well if all you are going to do is stand in one spot and shoot slowly at a target squarely in front of you, it doesn't really matter does it?

You asked why people disparage the grip, I told you.  Sorry that your preferred fudd grip isn't as good as you would like it to be.