Author Topic: Tim Ryan Shoots Like a Girl  (Read 2122 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Tim Ryan Shoots Like a Girl
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2022, 08:13:12 AM »
My BIL hit his 1st 1k shot on target this past weekend. The owner of the rifle took some time to train him how to properly bench shoot a $5k Creedmore caliber rifle. He shot various targets at increasing ranges till he worked up to being comfortable enough to go for the 1k man sized silhouette. Nailed it, in about the 6 - 5 ring, in 4 rounds! Only had 40 rounds available and had a handful left over at the end of the day. He was justifiably proud of his accomplishment.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2022, 08:25:38 AM »
Wow. Nice jump from my my statement that it's useful in some situations to your categorization of it being my preferred grip.  ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/

Here's the truth of the matter...

The older I get I find it harder and harder to give a flying *expletive deleted*ck about what other people do, want to do, or have done.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2022, 08:30:16 AM »

The older I get I find it harder and harder to give a flying *expletive deleted*ck about what other people do, want to do, or have done.

Ding Ding Ding
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2022, 08:32:13 AM »
Wow. Nice jump from my my statement that it's useful in some situations to your categorization of it being my preferred grip.  ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/

I agreed with you, and answered your question.  You went for sarcasm and rolled eyes.  Don't clutch your pearls and get all bent out of shape now.

The older I get the more I realize the curmudgeon "don't give a *expletive deleted*ck about what other people" line do is just covering for the fact they stopped getting better at things and are waiting to die.   =)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2022, 08:37:45 AM »
Wow, that escalated quickly.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2022, 08:40:10 AM »
"The older I get the more I realize the curmudgeon "don't give a *expletive deleted*ck about what other people" line do is just covering for the fact they stopped getting better t things and are waiting to die."

Race you to the finish line. But you gotta be using a tea cup grip when you cross it...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2022, 08:42:26 AM »
"The older I get the more I realize the curmudgeon "don't give a *expletive deleted*ck about what other people" line do is just covering for the fact they stopped getting better t things and are waiting to die."

Race you to the finish line. But you gotta be using a tea cup grip when you cross it...

Only if I cross it holding a cup of coffee.  ;)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2022, 08:46:56 AM »
You guys fight like girls  :P
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2022, 08:57:42 AM »
You want me to slap you? You want a slap, bitch? DO YOU? DO YOU?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2022, 09:13:19 AM »

Let's do this.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2022, 09:30:11 AM »
You want me to slap you? You want a slap, bitch? DO YOU? DO YOU?

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2022, 09:54:10 AM »

That is literally the only scene in that entire movie that made me laugh.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2022, 10:31:03 AM »
That is literally the only scene in that entire movie that made me laugh.
You "literally" have a poor sense of humor.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2022, 10:34:45 AM »
No, I just thought, and still think, that Leslie Nielsen was the single least funny man on the face of the planet.

Even Pauley Shore, as horrifically untalented and unfunny as he is, was far funnier than Nielsen.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2022, 10:52:09 AM »
No, I just thought, and still think, that Leslie Nielsen was the single least funny man on the face of the planet.

Even Pauley Shore, as horrifically untalented and unfunny as he is, was far funnier than Nielsen.
Surely, you can see someone about that.   I guess you liked his comedy in Forbidden Planet. 

Leslie Nielsen's Greatest Naked Gun Lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeN7D1x-phc

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »

Jim Carrey holds that title
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2022, 11:01:58 AM »
His role in Forbidden Planet wasn't comedic.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2022, 11:04:01 AM »
Jim Carrey had funny moments, but I think maybe He and others were confused about what people thought was funny.  Never go full Jim Carrey. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2022, 11:04:15 AM »
His role in Forbidden Planet wasn't comedic.

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2022, 11:12:10 AM »
K Frame apparently sees comedy in a completely different way than I do.   =)

I think I remember the movie this last one came from.  It wasn't that good. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2022, 11:19:53 AM »
Everyone has different tastes. I grew up on Three Stooges reruns, so I love lowbrow and slapstick comedy.

I think Leslie Nielsen is hilarious. On the other hand, I know a ton of people who think that Will Ferrell is a comedic genius (and maybe he is), but I have never laughed at one thing he's ever done. I find him completely unfunny.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2022, 11:54:11 AM »
I never noticed the lean-back phenomenon before.

I wonder if it isn't just some kind of instinctual / inherent attempt to get the sights further away so you can focus on all three (target, front sight, rear sight) objects better.

I was told a long time ago that a good indicator of M-F was how someone sits down.  A guy hikes up his pants, a girl smooths down her ass.

:roffle:

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2022, 11:57:49 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2022, 05:35:26 PM »