Author Topic: Baby Reveal Turns Deadly - Plane Crashes - Guests Initially Ignore Crash  (Read 1581 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
A baby gender reveal in Mexico resulted in the death of a pilot.  He was releasing pink smoke over a confetti cannon display, and pulled up sharply as he passed over the display. The left wing folded up when the pilot pulled up.  The plane crashed an easy walking distance from the celebration, and the pilot eventually died from his injuries.
The guests at the party continued celebrating the gender reveal with the couple, ignoring the crash and injured pilot even though many of the guests witnessed the crash.
Video at the story.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/gender-reveal-turns-deadly-stunt-plane-crashes-mexico
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Baby Reveal Turns Deadly - Plane Crashes - Guests Initially Ignore Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 06:10:30 PM »
They were probably thinking "I hope he didn't cash the check"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 07:29:48 PM »
Wonder if the delay in getting emergency services contributed to his death.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 09:54:30 PM »
That wing just folded up like there was a missing or loose couple of bolts somewhere.

Makes me wonder how it could take off in the first place  I'd be real interested in what the investigation reveals. I bet the mechanic is on his way to Venezuela about now.

Looks like it would have happened the next time he did any stunt flying.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 10:24:31 PM »

Or made a right turn ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 11:19:08 PM »
That wing just folded up like there was a missing or loose couple of bolts somewhere.

Makes me wonder how it could take off in the first place  I'd be real interested in what the investigation reveals. I bet the mechanic is on his way to Venezuela about now.

It’s called metal fatigue.  I’m willing to bet the investigation (assuming they do one - this was in Mexico, not the USA) finds evidence of significant fatigue damage that caused a sudden catastrophic failure, probably originating in the spar, though it could be in another structural member.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 12:03:42 AM »
There is a video on YouTube showing a similar ag plane losing a wing in a steep climb.
https://youtu.be/vrv8OFjzETI?si=EfUwTJy3QzuAi7GP
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 08:49:49 AM »
My first guess would be metal fatigue of the main wing spar combined with zero to little maintenance or even bad maintenance. No routine checking of the wing spar on an old bird and/or I don't need no freaking torque wench and where's the duct tape?*
Or even a weak design and construction to begin with. Wouldn't be the first.

*After watching enough This Rolled In videos you got to wonder particularly in places like Mexico

But yeah, the fact that even after realizing he crashed they did nothing burns my coffee

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 09:06:09 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 08:59:08 AM »
Looks like an old Cessna or Piper ag model. Neither of which have been produced in almost forty years so you can imagine corrosive chemicals, probably third world standards of “maintenance”, etc taking their toll plus other abuse.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 09:24:21 AM »
That wing just folded up like there was a missing or loose couple of bolts somewhere. . . .
Reminds me a bit of a story some years back about a homebuilt aircraft that came apart in the air - the builder was supposed to use Grade 8 bolts, but he thought substituting stainless steel bolts was an upgrade.

In terms of strength . . . it wasn't.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2023, 05:57:31 PM »
Looks like an old Cessna or Piper ag model. Neither of which have been produced in almost forty years so you can imagine corrosive chemicals, probably third world standards of “maintenance”, etc taking their toll plus other abuse.

Piper PA-25-235

Type:   Piper PA-25-235 Pawnee
Owner/operator:   private
MSN:   25-3601
Fatalities:   Fatalities: 1 / Occupants: 1
Aircraft damage:   Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Category:   Accident
Phase:   Manoeuvring (airshow, firefighting, ag.ops.)
Nature:   Demo/Airshow/Display
Departure airport:   
Destination airport:   
Confidence Rating:   Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
A Piper PA-25-235 Pawnee crashed after the the left-hand wing failed after an emergency hopper release of (pink dyed) water during a gender reveal party.
The pilot died.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/345178

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/type/PA25
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2023, 06:10:31 PM »
 PA25-235 Sinaloa MX Gender Reveal Party Structural Failure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp19ch40t0c

Airworthiness Directive for the PA-25

https://dyzz9obi78pm5.cloudfront.net/app/image/id/612fd28186bbfb3b3a7b23cd/n/ad-95-12-01.pdf

- Calvin and Hobbes