Author Topic: The perils of may-issue CCW  (Read 512 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
The perils of may-issue CCW
« on: November 16, 2022, 11:47:10 PM »
https://www.ktvu.com/news/no-one-is-above-the-law-former-sheriff-found-guilty-of-corruption-misconduct

TL;DR: Former sheriff of Santa Clara County, CA (aka Silicon Valley) was doing a pay-for-play around CCW permits.  Make a sizable donation to her campaign, get a permit.  Annoy her and your permit will not be renewed.  Convicted on six civil counts of corruption, Laurie Smith was able to retire before being removed from office.

More info on the lucky few who did get permits in Santa Clara County:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/the-people-at-the-center-of-santa-clara-county-s-concealed-gun-scandal/ar-AA14b1EP

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
Re: The perils of may-issue CCW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 12:56:38 AM »
She should have her pension revoked, among other penalties.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 11:56:56 AM »
She should have her pension revoked, among other penalties.
Upon conviction:
Public caning/flogging. Pension revoked, civil asset forfeiture of everything purchased while serving as Sheriff, including real-estate and cars. 20 years prison, no parole.
I have zero tolerance for jack booted thugs and abuse of public office.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 12:46:31 PM »
Perils or perks?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 05:43:02 PM »
Corruption in "may issue" states has been recognized for DECADES. IIRC, even in The Godfather (Mario Puzo's 1969 novel on which the movie was based) there was a comment that one of the gangsters had a carry permit that cost $10,000.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain