Author Topic: Fox is saying that the Republicans have regained control of the House...  (Read 682 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Jesus... this should have been one hell of a better election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-majority-us-house-representatives
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Fox is saying that the Republicans have regained control of the House...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 07:27:11 PM »
Guess they'll have to take the hammer away from Nancy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 08:17:46 PM »
And gee, the first thing out of McConnell's mouth is, "common ground with Biden".

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/16/mitch-mcconnell-looking-forward-to-working-with-president-joe-biden-on-infrastructure/

Just like always, the establishment Ds and Rs are in the back room clubhouse, rubbing elbows, eating lobster and cavier, and laughing at all of us.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 08:26:45 PM »
I’m sure Lindsey Graham will trip over himself to join in the reach reacharoundacross the aisle.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 08:28:22 AM »
Republicans will have the majority. Control is yet to be seen...
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 08:31:24 AM »
Looks like all the major outlets are showing the GOP with 218 or more wins. (NBC is projecting a 221 vote total.)

I'm glad that the GOP garnered enough votes to beat the margin of fraud and eke out a house win, but based on past experience with the GOP, I expect they'll disappoint me. Note also that they got a number of wins in places like CA and NY - those are fragile victories, and will definitely be at risk in 2024. Especially as GOP voters continue to flee those states for places like TX and FL.

I’m sure Lindsey Graham will trip over himself to join in the reach reacharoundacross the aisle.
It's gotten a little harder to predict what he'll do since his buddy McCain passed away. He's always been more interested in posturing rather than doing. Maybe he's not a full fledged RINO, but I see him voting with D's often enough to not trust him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 09:56:07 AM »
They will go all in on investigating everything while doing nothing. They should write some clean bills that will help the country and dare the dems to vote against them.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 10:17:48 AM »
They will go all in on investigating everything while doing nothing. They should write some clean bills that will help the country and dare the dems to vote against them.
I think their majority is so slim they will be lucky if they don't end up having a few members defect to vote on crappy legislation.  Certainly nothing the R's want will make it through the Senate.  Best hope is for something added in to spending bill.  Doubt we will see that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2022, 10:59:13 AM »
They didn't waste any time.
Probably won't go anywhere but we'll see.

BREAKING: House Republicans announce an investigation into Joe Biden

The investigation will look in to “why [Biden] lied to the American people about his knowledge and participation in his family’s international business schemes” pic.twitter.com/2BA7RE3c6v

— Washington Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) November 17, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/17/house-gopers-investigating-why-biden-lied-to-the-american-people-about-shady-intl-business-dealings/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2022, 11:00:05 AM »
Probably won't go anywhere but we'll see.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2022, 11:06:35 AM »
I'm waiting on the media/dems to start spouting something along the lines how such investigations shouldn't be done to a president and how It's bad for the country and an attack on democracy 
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2022, 11:53:56 AM »
They will go all in on investigating everything while doing nothing.  . . .
What about all the crooked bureaucrats and politicians who were fired, prosecuted, convicted, and imprisoned when GOP congressmen Darryl Issa and later Trey Gowdy were chairing House investigatory committees?

Oh, wait . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain