Author Topic: Ballot harvesting  (Read 1848 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Ballot harvesting
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2022, 11:18:09 AM »
That got me remembering, that to be fair, we should look at military ballots as well. I don't hear much about them now, but I recall a good 20 years ago, the right was up in arms about military ballots needing special dispensation because so many of them weren't making it back to be counted on election day, and at least at the time, military votes skewed quite right.

In defense of Republicans as I recall in many cases troops could fill out and post back ballots with zero delay and still miss deadlines by weeks or more.  Mostly because the military postal service sucked so badly. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2023, 04:47:44 PM »
Hoe about this?

Chicago inmates have claimed they are being pressured to illegally vote in the city's mayoral election.

The inmates, some who are accused of murder, argued guards at Cook County Jail were pushing them to vote - despite some being registered in a different jurisdiction.

They claimed the guards were receiving orders from higher up and were 'just doing what I'm told' when confronted over the move.

It comes amid fears of ballot harvesting as insiders claimed the jail was the 'ideal environment' due to no cameras or election observers.

It also raised concerns it could propel Lori Lightfoot back into office, despite her languishing on just 13 percent in the polls.

EXCLUSIVE: Chicago inmates claim jail guards are pressuring them to illegally vote in the mayoral election
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11798187/Inmates-claim-jail-guards-pressuring-vote-illegally-Chicagos-mayoral-election.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2023, 06:07:47 PM »
^^^ Seems like there aught to be video evidence of that if it's happening.  Aren't jails pretty well covered in the common areas?  Anyone know if corrections officers have bodycams?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2023, 06:16:32 PM »
^^^ Seems like there aught to be video evidence of that if it's happening.  Aren't jails pretty well covered in the common areas?  Anyone know if corrections officers have bodycams?

Epstein might have thought that way
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2023, 07:34:11 PM »
Epstein might have thought that way

=D I actually thought of that while typing, which is why I specified common areas.  Epstein aside, it seems we have video evidence of all kinds of correction officer malfeasance these days.  I am also leery of confirmation bias, so I tend to demand more evidence for things that agree with my POV.  As much as I'm not a fan of law enforcement, I'll need more than the word of criminals to lend credence to this one.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2023, 10:29:44 PM »
There is a cure for election fraud and ballot tampering.  Summary execution.  Why?  Election fraud and ballot tampering is murder of a Constitutional Republic...which is a tad bit worse than hanging for horse thievery.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2023, 09:13:04 PM »
Anyone know if corrections officers have bodycams?
I don’t know anything about state or federal prison, but the jail deputies for our county jail do not wear body cameras.

My daughters and I had a late-night tour of the new jail before they started to use it and they had plenty of cameras up there. Even got to see the server room where they store the video.