Author Topic: Club Q shooting...  (Read 3776 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Club Q shooting...
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2022, 10:17:17 AM »
I think more of the former since they they're been trying to tie the shooting in with the Mormons, I think the family is Mormon or semi Mormon or something, but I see no mention of a Mormon connection with FOTF in the wiki article on them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_on_the_Family

Nope.  Focus is evangelical Christian (of the American low church subspecies), (unless things have really changed, and I'd have heard about it).  James Dobson, the founder, split off from then a few years ago to do his own thing, because he wanted to get more political than FotF wanted to be.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2022, 07:36:50 PM »
Nope.  Focus is evangelical Christian (of the American low church subspecies), (unless things have really changed, and I'd have heard about it).  James Dobson, the founder, split off from then a few years ago to do his own thing, because he wanted to get more political than FotF wanted to be.

The left pretty much lumps all Christian sects, divisions, etc.. into one big pile and calls it a pile of hate. So their initial focus on Mormons was bound to drag Christianity as a whole in.

And look what just popped up.

Richmond, Virginia restaurant Metzger Bar and Butchery canceled a Christian ministry’s private party just 90 minutes before it was scheduled to start because LGBT staff members refused to provide service for the event. pic.twitter.com/qb8Jsi5DQ0

— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) December 5, 2022

Bake the cake

— Peter Bilt (@PeterBilt40) December 5, 2022
Huh: Virginia restaurant cancels a Christian ministry’s private party at the last minute as staffers felt unsafe
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/05/huh-virginia-restaurant-cancels-a-christian-ministrys-private-party-at-the-last-minute-as-staffers-felt-unsafe/

Bet this will be mostly ignored by the MSM. The other way around there would be 20 media vans parked put front.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2022, 07:53:48 PM »
Yikes

Known Wolf Redux: Colorado Springs Shooter Was on FBI Radar, Prosecutor Dropped Case Despite Threats, 100 lbs. of Explosives
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/known-wolf-redux-colorado-springs-shooter-was-on-fbi-radar-prosecutor-dropped-case-despite-threats-100-lbs-of-explosives/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2022, 08:10:47 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2022, 08:01:44 PM »
Guns taken from him after the his previous bomb threat incident. Says they were never returned. 
BTW: What is a MM-15?

Club Q Suspect May Have Explored 3D Printed Gun Parts in 2021, Relatives Say
https://3dprint.com/296201/club-q-suspect-may-have-explored-3d-printed-gun-parts-in-2021-relatives-say/

Also of note in the article

Furthermore, law enforcement officials seized two guns from Aldrich after the incident, including a 9 mm ghost gun with a Glock frame and a 5.56 mm AR-15 rifle. During a press conference held last week by the DA office, District Attorney Michael Allen said the guns were never returned and are still in police custody. He also stressed that the 2021 case had been dismissed after the prosecutor’s office failed to deliver the subpoenas to the witnesses, who recanted.

Sounds like someone dropped the ball.

Still have seen nothing about weapon(s) used in the shooting
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2023, 11:01:05 AM »
We finally get a look at the gun

Video https://www.kktv.com/video/2023/02/24/watch-new-photos-released-judge-keeps-all-charges-originally-filed-against-suspected-club-q-shooter/
It was "founded" :facepalm: and was "home made" aka "Ghost gun"

Club Q shooting crime scene photos released by Court
https://www.fox21news.com/club-q-shooting/club-q-shooting-crime-scene-photos-released-by-court/

Note the brace. Sure that will come up.
Ammo appears to be green tips in  the photos at the 2nd link,

Oh, and he was apparently hopped up on drugs.

During the first day of the preliminary hearing on Wednesday, Feb. 22, the defense confirmed the suspect had consumed, “six tabs of Xanax, three Adderall, four grams of cocaine and two grams of free-based cocaine.”

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2023, 11:14:22 AM »
Photos show mostly Magpul mags 30, 40, and a drum mag.
Appears to be at least one clear 30rd ETS 9mm mag and a Magpul Glock mag.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2023, 11:18:39 AM »
And he was a regular at the club

The images above were entered by the suspect’s public defender. The exhibits show the suspect socializing at Club Q in the months prior to the shooting. Prescribed medication shown above were to treat disorders such as schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, anti-psychotic medication, depression, heroin addiction, mood stabilizers, and more.

Images in 2nd link
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2023, 12:20:36 PM »
What's the difference between cocaine and free-based cocaine?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2023, 12:24:44 PM »
What's the difference between cocaine and free-based cocaine?
Cocaine is what rich people snort.
Free-based cocaine is also known as crack cocaine, made by mixing cocaine with crack and heating it.  Crack is what poor people smoke.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2023, 12:46:46 PM »
Couldn't help but notice

80% lower ("homemade ghost gun") - They want to ban or have banned. I'm confused at this point.
Semi auto - They want to ban
Brace -  Have banned or restricted depending on how you view it.
Muzzle device  - They want to ban
Green Tip - They tried to ban and still want to.
"High" cap mags - Banned in CO in other states. They want to ban on fed level.

Anything I left out?

Basically a laundry list of what they want to ban.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2023, 02:00:21 PM »
Couldn't help but notice

80% lower ("homemade ghost gun") - They want to ban or have banned. I'm confused at this point.
Semi auto - They want to ban
Brace -  Have banned or restricted depending on how you view it.
Muzzle device  - They want to ban
Green Tip - They tried to ban and still want to.
"High" cap mags - Banned in CO in other states. They want to ban on fed level.

Anything I left out?

Basically a laundry list of what they want to ban.

He's got a Thump n Grind 3D printed 37mm launcher and body armor, both of which they'd like to ban.  I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth if he'd managed to make a homemade offensive round for a 3d Printed grenade launcher.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2023, 02:18:48 PM »
Is that a Ghillie suit?

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2023, 02:22:34 PM »
Close up of the note pad.
I think him being a regular of the club and this leaves almost no doubt he was gay/non-binary himself.

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2023, 02:25:34 PM »
Or he wasn't gay, but had convinced himself he was, and the lifestyle wasn't sitting well.

Either way, homie was clearly troubled.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2023, 02:29:24 PM »
Or he wasn't gay, but had convinced himself he was, and the lifestyle wasn't sitting well.

Either way, homie was clearly troubled.

20 years ago I would have said hogwash but nowadays with it coming out that many teachers not to mention MSM actively pushing kids into that lifestyle could be.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2023, 02:27:03 PM »
Was expecting something along these lines. I notice the FBI despite them being involoved in dropping the ball as well isn't mentioned.... yet

Victims of the Club Q mass shooting plan to sue the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office for refusing to use the state’s red flag law to prevent the suspected shooter from legally buying or possessing guns before the attack last year, according to legal notices obtained by The Denver Post on Monday.

Eleven survivors and family members of victims who died in the November attack alerted the county to their plans to sue in May, and claimed that the mass shooting could have been prevented but for the sheriff’s blanket refusal to use extreme risk protection orders, which allow authorities to seize a person’s guns for up to a year if a judge finds that person presents an immediate threat to themselves or others.

Club Q victims plan to sue over El Paso County sheriff’s refusal to use red flag law
https://www.denverpost.com/2023/06/05/club-q-shooting-red-flag-lawsuit-victims-el-paso-sheriff/

Colorado sheriff sued for not filing "red flag" law against mass shooting suspect
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/06/06/colorado-sheriff-sued-for-not-filing-red-flag-law-against-mass-shooting-suspect-n71182
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:47:22 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes