Author Topic: The state of education  (Read 1102 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: The state of education
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2022, 10:17:37 PM »
Sold a hunting license to a 17 year old today.  He couldn't remember his address (dad had to help*), had problems remembering his phone number.  When it came time for him to sign it, he had to print his name (of course) and dad had to remind him to write in his last name also.

I swear the kid was not stoned, and seemed to (otherwise) be of "average" intelligence.

This isn't the first time I've seen similar problems from kids around 16 to 21 years.  I don't expect much from those that are younger than that.

*They've been there a while.  Dads drivers license had the same address and was issued 3 years ago.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »
Help by telling them the change is two bits.  >:D

That's cruel.  But funny,

I gave a checkout person a C-note and said, "It's sure gettin' easy to break a C-note" and he wanted to know what a C-note was.

It made me remember "Fin" and "Sawbuck" and "Large" for a thousand dollars.

Those dollar coins are interesting because they have "In G-d we trust"  rolled into the edge of the coin.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2022, 12:43:03 PM »
I used to get one dollar coins out of the change machine in the cafeteria at work.  The coins made for easier purchases out of the few vending machines in the cafeteria that wouldn't take currency denominations over a dollar.
On occasion I would spend one of the dollar coins out in town when making a purchase.  Got the stink eye from store clerks now and again, suspecting I was trying to pass counterfeit or foreign currency.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2022, 01:37:47 PM »
We've only seen a few of them "in the wild" and I kept the few that wound up in my pocket.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!