Author Topic: Idaho Sorority girls & 1 boyfriend, brutally killed  (Read 4108 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Re: Idaho Sorority girls & 1 boyfriend, brutally killed
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2023, 10:13:09 PM »
I note the sites, although they say that they don't release data to LE, apparently have an "opt out" vs an "opt in" for releasing data to law enforcement. I'm still concerned (and not just for this case) about LE creating fake accounts to get the DNA data. Both from the legal and scientific aspects.

That lack of privacy and "discretion" are the main reasons I won't use any of those places.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2023, 07:31:29 PM »
 new theory I heard on youtube, he purposely left the sheath there to throw the investigators off, he was hoping the cops would be looking for a military or Marine type, the snap on the loop that secures the handle is where they got the DNA from.  Seems plausible
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2023, 07:46:02 PM »
new theory I heard on youtube, he purposely left the sheath there to throw the investigators off, he was hoping the cops would be looking for a military or Marine type, the snap on the loop that secures the handle is where they got the DNA from.  Seems plausible

If so that was a massive self-own. 

If he wanted to throw them off using a cell phone tied to someone else, using a stolen car for transport, or planting some kind of evidence at the scene to implicate someone else would have made more sense and been more effective.  But most people aren’t that smart or able to think it through far enough ahead.  Most crimes like this are emotional responses not coldly logical.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2023, 10:19:34 AM »
Plot twist:. ^^^ All of that is what the real killer did. [tinfoil] [tinfoil]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2023, 03:24:11 PM »

That sounds like the kind of thing you see in all the "procedural" shows. "The perp used this really common knife that's been a top seller in the commercial market for decades, as well as appearing in TV, movies, and video games. Only a Marine would use that knife."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2023, 04:11:34 PM »
Plot twist:. ^^^ All of that is what the real killer did. [tinfoil] [tinfoil]

To get the right make, model, generation and color of car to match the dupe you’re framing with spoofed cell phone is beyond what even the Clinton’s would have done.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2023, 04:43:10 PM »
To get the right make, model, generation and color of car to match the dupe you’re framing with spoofed cell phone is beyond what even the Clinton’s would have done.

If the Clintons it would have been a mass suicide.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 04:56:26 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2023, 05:05:57 PM »
That sounds like the kind of thing you see in all the "procedural" shows. "The perp used this really common knife that's been a top seller in the commercial market for decades, as well as appearing in TV, movies, and video games. Only a Marine would use that knife."

Do the real Marine Ka-Bars even have leather sheaths these days?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2023, 09:04:51 PM »
Do the real Marine Ka-Bars even have leather sheaths these days?

I doubt it, I bet the new woke pride military is not even letting the kids have a multitool without being in an active combat zone.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2023, 01:33:49 AM »
Does the Corps issue those knives, or are they something they buy at the PX? Assuming it's the latter, the sheath could be whatever.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2023, 02:56:45 AM »
Does the Corps issue those knives, or are they something they buy at the PX? Assuming it's the latter, the sheath could be whatever.

They were not an issue item when I was in, at least not for my MOS.  You had to buy them at the PX.  This was back in the 70s.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2023, 08:20:18 AM »
There are active NSN's on them, so a unit could order them and issue them, but I don't know how many do.

1095-01-581-9100  Knife, Combat

OVERALL LENGTH: 9.250 INCHES NOMINAL
UNPACKAGED UNIT WEIGHT: 0.380 POUNDS
PART NAME ASSIGNED BY CONTROLLING AGENCY: FULL SIZE USMC KA-BAR, STRAIGHT EDGE
SPECIAL FEATURES: BLADE LENGTH:7.000 IN.; SHAPE; CLIP; EDGE ANGLE; 20.0 DEG.; STEEL; 1095 CRO-VAN; HANDLE STACKED LEATHER; MOLLE COMPATIBLE SHEATH
MATERIAL: CARBON

Couldn't tell you what the "MOLLE Compatible Sheath" is, although a couple other models specify glass filled nylon sheath, while this one doesn't.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2023, 12:09:52 PM »
I'm pretty certain this is the Molle-compatible sheath -- and it ain't leather.

https://www.kabar.com/products/1271S
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2023, 12:35:51 PM »

If the sheath don't fit you must acquit!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2023, 12:38:17 PM »
If the sheath don't fit you must acquit!

Wonder if his lawyer will remember to tell him to stick his thump out hard as he's trying to put them on for the jury. See, doesn't fit.  ;/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2023, 01:47:35 PM »
Back in the early 2000s the USMC switched over to the OKC-3S as their bayonet/fighting knife and quite a few K Bars ended up at DRMO auctions. I picked up a lot of ten for about 10 dollars each. I think I have two left. Most of them I used for trade bait or gifts. They all came with leather sheaths with a belt loop.

bob

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 02:04:20 PM by BobR »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2023, 10:22:11 AM »
This is saying he could get a firing squad

Idaho student murders suspect Bryan Kohberger could face death by firing squad under proposed law if convicted
https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-student-murders-suspect-bryan-kohberger-face-death-firing-squad-proposed-bill-convicted
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2023, 10:28:21 AM »
This is saying he could get a firing squad

The firing squad in general has been getting pushed here by some lately, mainly because murderdeathkill drugs are unavailable (I don't understand how).

In the meantime, we seem to have an abundance of Nitrogen laying around, but still, no one seems to consider it as an alternative.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2023, 11:29:11 AM »
The firing squad in general has been getting pushed here by some lately, mainly because murderdeathkill drugs are unavailable (I don't understand how).

In the meantime, we seem to have an abundance of Nitrogen laying around, but still, no one seems to consider it as an alternative.

For the past several years, the drug manufacturers and wholesalers have made a concerted effort to ban the use of their products in executions through contracts and other means.  The legitimate supply chain for those drugs is now almost non-existent for the typical Department of Corrections. Many states have had to modify their execution protocols or come up with alternatives, some of which have not worked well and led to prolonged suffering on the part of the prisoners. I have read that Nevada and Nebraska are currently using midazolam and Fentanyl for their protocols, and this may become more popular in the future.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2023, 11:33:28 AM »
Rope, it's cheap and reusable
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2023, 11:38:15 AM »

Most of the lethal injection drugs come from Europe and they’re anti-death penalty.  The usual solution is to get a compounding pharmacy to make it but there have been problems with that stuff not working properly supposedly.

Firing squads are fine.  Death hurts.  I’m sick of the insistence that it not hurt for the most depraved amongst us.  I have my issues with capital punishment but that’s more about potentially innocent people being executed than the manner of execution.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2023, 11:45:07 AM »

I bought a Kbar as a gift a few years ago and the model I bought had a leather sheath.  They have a number of different knife models.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2023, 01:09:29 PM »

And gravity is free.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2023, 01:32:19 PM »

Professional long drop hangmen don’t reuse the rope.  The amount of stretch goes way down in a used rope and calculating appropriate drops goes out the window with previously used rope.

Now, if you’re doing short drop or just hoisting the person up to strangle them then used rope is fine.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams