Author Topic: Wut's with all the Obama talk?  (Read 114 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Wut's with all the Obama talk?
« on: March 27, 2024, 04:33:13 PM »
I keep seeing this theme in social media, about how Obama runs the Biden administration right now. It's counterproductive.

Like most on the right, I have no use for Barack Obama, and I enjoy a good Obama-bashing. That said, I've long felt (like, since 2009) that it was a mistake to spend too much time attacking him, personally. Like Bill Clinton, he's a terrible human being who's nonetheless admired and respected by a huge swath of the electorate. Vast numbers of the voting public are nostalgic for the relatively peaceful and prosperous 90s, and the Obama days before Trump ruined everything the Left decided to go ahead and burn everything down.

So it's counterproductive to keep saying Obama is running things behind the scenes. It suggests to Democrat and left-leaning voters that it's safe to vote for Biden, because they're really voting for good, ole Daddy Obama; their political dreamboat.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Wut's with all the Obama talk?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 04:39:04 PM »
It's not just social media randos. I just a couple of hours ago watched a Tucker/Tulsi interview where she's saying the same thing, except throwing in Hillary because Hillary apparently recently stated that she "talks to the White House daily". Plus today, Obama showed up there to meet with Biden because he's apparently worried that Biden will lose to Trump.

It doesn't help kill the rumor when the two rumor targets, from appearances if not reality, look like they're living the rumor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 05:10:03 PM »
With the sheep knowing for a fact if Trump wins all POC will be enslaved, women will be chained to stoves, trannies will be hanging from trees, and he will crown himself emperor just like he did last time this Obama talk doesn't matter, they will be voting against Trump not for Biden.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 06:12:23 PM »
I keep seeing this theme in social media, about how Obama runs the Biden administration right now. It's counterproductive.

Like most on the right, I have no use for Barack Obama, and I enjoy a good Obama-bashing. That said, I've long felt (like, since 2009) that it was a mistake to spend too much time attacking him, personally. Like Bill Clinton, he's a terrible human being who's nonetheless admired and respected by a huge swath of the electorate. Vast numbers of the voting public are nostalgic for the relatively peaceful and prosperous 90s, and the Obama days before Trump ruined everything the Left decided to go ahead and burn everything down.

So it's counterproductive to keep saying Obama is running things behind the scenes. It suggests to Democrat and left-leaning voters that it's safe to vote for Biden, because they're really voting for good, ole Daddy Obama; their political dreamboat.

I always figured BHO was the frontman/tool of whatever loose or tight cabal or power group was really running things on that side of the duopoly.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 11:20:14 PM »
With the sheep knowing for a fact if Trump wins all POC will be enslaved, women will be chained to stoves, trannies will be hanging from trees, and he will crown himself emperor just like he did last time this Obama talk doesn't matter, they will be voting against Trump not for Biden.

People that believe that kind of stuff aren't the issue. They're obviously voting for Biden. I think there are plenty of voters who dislike both candidates, but might feel safer voting for Biden if they think they're really voting for Obama.

Also, seeing as how Trump has an historic opportunity to realign so many black voters this year, we shouldn't do anything to make this another Obama election.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 03:06:15 AM »
Many of the voters who worship Barack are also proud to assume that they are descended from slavers.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 01:13:02 PM »
And again, the administration and Obama aren't doing anything to keep people from thinking he's the man behind the curtain. Off the record meeting between the MSM and Obama aboard Air Force 1:

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/03/28/karine-jean-pierre-did-not-want-the-press-recording-obamas-media-pep-rally-aboard-af1-n2394505
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 02:11:33 PM »
And again, the administration and Obama aren't doing anything to keep people from thinking he's the man behind the curtain. Off the record meeting between the MSM and Obama aboard Air Force 1:

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/03/28/karine-jean-pierre-did-not-want-the-press-recording-obamas-media-pep-rally-aboard-af1-n2394505

Yup. That's good for the party.