Author Topic: Pro-crime activist shot dead  (Read 376 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Pro-crime activist shot dead
« on: November 25, 2022, 01:17:36 AM »
He wanted "justice reform," and he got it good and hard. Sounds like justice to me.

DC man who pushed "justice reform" bill shot dead on the day it passes

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/11/23/dc-man-who-pushed-justice-reform-bill-shot-dead-on-the-day-it-passes-n513117

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Pro-crime activist shot dead
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 08:26:43 AM »
From the link

His work with DC Justice Lab perhaps made sense given his background. Having experienced life in prison himself, perhaps he felt that criminal just reform should be prioritized. And there have no doubt been many people locked up for drug crimes who would have benefitted from an opportunity to receive addiction treatment as opposed to a lengthy sentence.

Okay, I can go with that
but....

But the “reforms” that the group was pushing went much further than that. Under these new rules, it will be virtually impossible to keep suspects behind bars for anything less than second-degree murder. We have no way of knowing if the person who shot Blowe was a member of a gang or had some other criminal record, but the crime rates in the District of Columbia suggest that it’s certainly a possibility

We are so screwed.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 08:28:13 AM »
He and I have different ideas of what Justice means.  I wonder if he changed his mind before he died?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 01:21:51 PM »
He and I have different ideas of what Justice means.  I wonder if he changed his mind before he died?

e.e cummings: Plato told him
https://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/01/jillyb/plato_told.htm
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 01:49:56 PM »

Q: What goes through a bug's mind when he hits your windshield
A: His butt

I would guess something similar happened here
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes