Author Topic: $223,200 per person reparations  (Read 7690 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: $223,200 per person reparations
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2023, 07:50:50 AM »
We're all going to end up contributing to this, just like their stupid bullet train and funds for fire recovery after they refused to maintain their forests or allow utility companies to maintain their right of ways. And other deep blue states will copy this and then we'll have to bail them out too.

Not to mention the increase in racial hate, and I don't just mean black vs white. All the other "people of color" will demand free stuff in the name of equality.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2023, 09:41:14 AM »
"You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. You know what that number is. You keep trying to talk about now, yet you research back to slavery and you say nothing about slavery, nothing," said Pierce. "So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American.

Bro, it wasn't 40 acres on Central Park West, it was on the 40 acres on the ass end of the frontier.  Think like $1000 an acre in 2023 money.

Actually come to think of it, if they want to stick to the original plan we should probably plunk all the African Americans down on Indian land and let those two groups sort it out.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2023, 09:59:32 AM »
Bro, it wasn't 40 acres on Central Park West, it was on the 40 acres on the ass end of the frontier.  Think like $1000 an acre in 2023 money.

Yeah, that was my first thought. That's $5mil/acre. The original deal was for farming, and as you said, they were gonna give out bare, undeveloped land that needed plowing, etc. Even really good developed CA farmland only goes for like $25k/acre.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2023, 11:09:38 AM »
Panel voted for up to $1.2 million

California reparations panel approves payments of up to $1.2 million to every Black resident
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-reparations-panel-approves-payments-1-2-million-every-black-resident
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2023, 01:16:28 PM »
DO IT!
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2023, 01:17:32 PM »

Actually come to think of it, if they want to stick to the original plan we should probably plunk all the African Americans down on Indian land and let those two groups sort it out.
I am sure there is plenty of unwanted BLM land out there that could be given away.  I am sure it would be owned by others within a year.  Might be a good way to pry loose some of that federal land and put it in private hands.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2023, 01:56:02 PM »
I am sure there is plenty of unwanted BLM land out there that could be given away.  I am sure it would be owned by others within a year.  Might be a good way to pry loose some of that federal land and put it in private hands.

With some careful planning you could probably pick up a nice range complex at a property tax auction in a year or two.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2023, 06:21:05 PM »
Give anyone who qualifies ten brazilian dollars.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2023, 09:15:39 PM »
Give anyone who qualifies ten brazilian dollars.

But they can only push one wheelbarrow at a time.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2023, 12:52:28 PM »
California's reparations taskforce believes the estimated $800 billion cost of its proposals is a 'very cautious' minimum that could rise even further as more 'harms and atrocities' faced by black people are accounted for.

I expect it in be in the multiple trillions before they're through

California reparations taskforce says $800BN cost is a 'very cautious' estimate and lawmakers should award MORE - includes $227BN for 'excess' drug arrests since 1970
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12059779/California-reparations-taskforce-says-estimated-800-billion-cost-cautious-estimate.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 01:31:35 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2023, 01:19:16 PM »
But they can only push one wheelbarrow at a time.
For real.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2023, 01:20:44 PM »
I expect it in be in the multiple trillion before they're through

California reparations taskforce says $800BN cost is a 'very cautious' estimate and lawmakers should award MORE - includes $227BN for 'excess' drug arrests since 1970
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12059779/California-reparations-taskforce-says-estimated-800-billion-cost-cautious-estimate.html

If it's anything like the train, a conservative estimate would be 10X what they're predicting. In other words, $8,000,000,000,000. California currently claims to have ~$300 billion in it's 2023 budget. I have read that they are around $100 billion in deficit.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2023, 07:23:51 PM »
And it's not just money they want

California reparations committee demands state apologize for Reagan using term 'welfare queen'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-reparations-committee-demands-state-apologize-reagan-using-term-welfare-queen
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2023, 09:54:55 PM »
If it's anything like the train, a conservative estimate would be 10X what they're predicting. In other words, $8,000,000,000,000. California currently claims to have ~$300 billion in it's 2023 budget. I have read that they are around $100 billion in deficit.
Just stipulate that reparations won't start until the train is complete and operational.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2023, 03:56:10 PM »
I don't think conservatives should assume that black people prior the "Great Society" were in a lot better shape.

Their bastardry rate was much lower, but their murder rate was even more horrific than it is today.  The black murder rate actually is a lot lower than it was in the 1930's.  About half of what it was then.

My father grew up on a tenant farm with that had a black family living on it (who worked the farm with them).  The husband of the family got drunk one day and shot his wife and sister-in-law. 

There some interesting details about historical homicide rates here;

Check out table 1.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2023, 07:21:57 PM »
I don't think conservatives should assume that black people prior the "Great Society" were in a lot better shape.

Their bastardry rate was much lower, but their murder rate was even more horrific than it is today.  The black murder rate actually is a lot lower than it was in the 1930's.  About half of what it was then.

My father grew up on a tenant farm with that had a black family living on it (who worked the farm with them).  The husband of the family got drunk one day and shot his wife and sister-in-law. 

Check out table 1.

Missing link?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2023, 07:54:01 AM »
A couple of articles related to the topic:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gov-newsom-announces-32-billion-budget-deficit-10-billion-more-than-previously-estimated#&_intcmp=fnhpbt2,hp1bt

Yeah, the rest of us will end up paying if this goes through, since CA will be "broke".

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ca-lawmaker-warns-black-residents-realistic-reparations-seven-figure-checks-happening

I can't help but think reparations will end up being like class action lawsuits, where most individuals end up getting a check for $3.74 as their payment. The riots will be interesting to watch from afar.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2023, 07:03:48 AM »
Reparations panel now wants power over local real estate decisions.
I highly doubt they'll stop there. 

California's reparations task force is calling for the state legislature to require all cities and counties with allegedly segregated neighborhoods to submit all their real estate ordinances to a state agency for approval based on whether they maintain or lessen "residential racial segregation."

The recommendations include several proposals meant to address "housing segregation" and "unjust property takings" that contributed to alleged systemic racist against Black Californians. Among the most controversial of the housing proposals is one that would seemingly hand over control of local land use decisions to a state agency that would approve ordinances based on whether they maintain or decrease segregation.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-reparations-panel-wants-give-state-agency-veto-power-local-real-estate-decisions
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2023, 06:21:17 PM »
How about $5 million each

Leading member of San Fran reparations task force now suggests taxing BILLIONAIRES to fund payments of up to $5M to every black person in the city - weeks after rejecting his own plan for cash payouts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12091031/Leading-member-San-Fran-reparations-task-force-suggests-taxing-BILLIONAIRES.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2023, 06:53:49 PM »
Reparations panel now wants power over local real estate decisions.
I highly doubt they'll stop there. 
California's reparations task force is calling for the state legislature to require all cities and counties with allegedly segregated neighborhoods to submit all their real estate ordinances to a state agency for approval based on whether they maintain or lessen "residential racial segregation."

The recommendations include several proposals meant to address "housing segregation" and "unjust property takings" that contributed to alleged systemic racist against Black Californians. Among the most controversial of the housing proposals is one that would seemingly hand over control of local land use decisions to a state agency that would approve ordinances based on whether they maintain or decrease segregation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-reparations-panel-wants-give-state-agency-veto-power-local-real-estate-decisions

So what happens when they force white folks to move into historically black neighborhoods, property values go up, and the folks who historically lived there are forced out?

I swear we already did this dance in blue cities and the racists got all up in arms about integrating neighborhoods.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2023, 11:52:28 PM »
We definitely shouldn't leaflet neighborhoods with official looking material giving a date and time to come to city hall and register.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2023, 06:30:06 PM »
Anyways, this can't be done for less than $14 trillion on a national level. Says the jackass "repressed" black woman who sits in congress. The entire 2022 budget was just under $7 trillion. She thinks we can do this with defense spending cuts.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/05/17/rep-cori-bush-calls-for-14-trillion-in-reparations-for-descendants-of-slaves/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »

Check out table 1.

OK, here is the correct link for the table:

https://cjrc.osu.edu/sites/cjrc.osu.edu/files/AHSV-American-Homicides-Twentieth-Century.pdf