Author Topic: $223,200 per person reparations  (Read 7644 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: $223,200 per person reparations
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2023, 03:04:03 PM »
Looks like a raging case of vitiligo to me.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2023, 07:19:08 PM »
Can us Hispanics request a payout since the US took Mexican land to include land in California? 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2023, 08:04:39 PM »
Can we request the Mexico take back CA? (I would like to keep Texas please).

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2023, 09:05:40 PM »
Can us Hispanics request a payout since the US took Mexican land to include land in California?
Sure, but only if you aren’t a white hispanic.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2023, 09:24:38 PM »
Sure, but only if you aren’t a white hispanic.

Ah damn.  Mom is Hungarian and Dad is Mexican…..:(

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2023, 08:45:44 AM »
This will not end well

San Francisco residents lined up at a city board meeting last night to share their full-throated support of a wide-eyed reparations plan that would award every black resident $5million, wipe their personal debt, guarantee $97,000 incomes for 250 years and $1 homes.

But no one at the emotional meeting - where residents burst into song and begged to be made 'whole' - asked  how the struggling, debt-addled city might pay for it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11860861/San-Franciscans-line-board-meeting-sing-shout-support-reparations-plan.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2023, 08:47:39 AM »
This will not end well

Well, I guess that depends on your view of schadenfreude.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2023, 08:55:45 AM »
They may have more people applying than they anticipate - after all, science says EVERYONE has African ancestry, based on paleontology (that's SCIENCE!) in Olduvai Gorge and other places in Africa.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2023, 09:01:19 AM »
They may have more people applying than they anticipate - after all, science says EVERYONE has African ancestry, based on paleontology (that's SCIENCE!) in Olduvai Gorge and other places in Africa.

Except white people don't count in that since they were created by Morgoth in Europe from tortured and corrupted POC
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
$250,000,000,000 for reparations in SF.
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2023, 12:16:19 PM »
Two hundred fifty billion dollars.

For reparations in San Francisco.

And that isn't all of it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/some-san-francisco-residents-may-receive-5-million-reparations-board-expresses-unanimous-support

For reference, the ciy of San Francisco has a current budget of "only" $14 billion.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: $250,000,000,000 for reparations in SF.
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2023, 12:38:22 PM »
Oops.  Just found the other reparations thread. 

Feel free to move or delete this one.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2023, 01:10:58 PM »
When this thread first started I dismissed it as political grandstanding for their constituents.  It seems however as if they are serious and are going to actually try to do this.  Does SF (or any other large city) have a mechanism for collecting that much debt so that they could come up with the 250 Billion the article Fly320s linked mentions?  If they assume the Feds are going to bail them out on this bill they are smoking crack, at least during this congress, and I suspect that this would be a pretty serious sticking point for a large chunk of the country.

I mean if SF voters want to do this with their money, It's dumb, and will probably destroy their city, but it's their money.  They better not want other peoples money though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2023, 01:17:55 PM »
I mean if SF voters want to do this with their money, It's dumb, and will probably destroy their city, but it's their money.  They better not want other peoples money though.

I completely agree with this, but I will bet real money (my own, not someone else's) that a major part of them doing this is that they fully expect state and federal assistance.

I don't care if they get state assistance. CA has made its bed. I will be furious if they get fed assistance, and I'm afraid there's not enough oomph in "flyover country" that a dem majority wouldn't happily pass assistance with no worry of repercussions.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2023, 01:19:12 PM »
Also, dupes merged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2023, 03:35:06 PM »
A bit of sanity sneaking in?

A black San Francisco leader who helped devise plans to pay out $5 million in reparations to every African-American resident now rejects the idea, and says the cash should go to community projects instead. 
It suggested awarding every black resident $5million, wipe their personal debt, guarantee a $97,000 income for 250 years and $1 homes.

But he has now completely reversed his position - although it's unclear why.  Speaking on behalf of the San Francisco NAACP, Dr Brown has now said they reject the $5million reparations idea. He and the anti-racism group are instead calling for the city to redirect their focus onto education, jobs, housing, healthcare and a cultural center for blacks. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11864425/San-Fran-reverend-helped-devise-plan-hand-citys-black-people-5m-REJECTS-idea-NAACP.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2023, 08:16:14 AM »
Can't let not having the money get in the way.

San Francisco Board of Supervisors hearing the report for the first time Tuesday voiced enthusiastic support for the ideas listed, with some saying money should not stop the city from doing the right thing

And those darn conservatives are trying to get in the way of us shooting ourselves in the head. Racists!

A controversial draft reparations proposal that includes a $5 million lump-sum payment for each eligible Black person could make San Francisco the first major U.S. city to fund reparations, though the plan faces strong criticism from conservatives. https://t.co/RolbRXj8Xe

— NBC News (@NBCNews) March 15, 2023

San Francisco Board of Supervisors voices enthusiastic support for $5 million a person reparations
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/15/san-francisco-board-of-supervisors-voices-enthusiastic-support-for-5-million-a-person-reparations/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2023, 09:09:45 AM »
A former Black Lives Matter activist who lived in the Bay Area has described San Francisco's reparations proposal as 'unrealistic' and 'disgusting', saying it is a means by which to 'indoctrinate people with victim mentality.'

Ignore him, he's a............ conservative

'This is never going to actually happen,' said Xaviaer DuRousseau, a conservative activist who used to support BLM.

'This is unrealistic and disgusting': Former BLM activist slams San Francisco reparations plan as white board member says she wants to adopt ALL 111 recommendations - from $5M lump sums for each black person to homes for just $1
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11866153/This-unrealistic-disgusting-Former-BLM-activist-slams-San-Francisco-reparations-plan.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2023, 10:27:32 AM »
As you know, it still won't be enough.  Once they spend through all that money, they will be back for more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2023, 10:42:49 AM »
As you know, it still won't be enough.  Once they spend through all that money, they will be back for more.

The average black person that will be first in line for this dough is going to be like the average person who constantly plays the lottery, wins big, and is (back) on welfare two years later. Successful black people, even if pro-reparations, are likely more in favor of the money going to various social programs, rather than directly to irresponsible individuals.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2023, 10:45:53 AM »

- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2023, 11:43:15 AM »
A bunch of businesses will close down when all the employees stay home. Then a big mac goes up to $100,000 and they will wonder why and come up with a plan to throw more money at the problem.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2023, 11:45:08 AM »
A bunch of businesses will close down when all the employees stay home. Then a big mac goes up to $100,000 and they will wonder why and come up with a plan to throw more of someone else's money at the problem.

QFT.  Added a little to for clarity. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2023, 08:55:00 AM »
More info and someone wants a fancy office

Now woke San Francisco supervisor demands $50M for an 'Office of Reparations' after taskforce called for $5M to be paid to black residents
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11896901/San-Francisco-supervisor-wants-ADDITIONAL-50-million-Office-Reparations-handle-scheme.html

Who qualifies for reparations under the AARC plan?

You must be:

1) An individual who has identified as 'Black/African American' on public documents for at least 10 years

2) 18 years or older

You must also meet two of these eight criteria, and be able to prove it: 

** Born in San Francisco between 1940 and 1996 and has proof of residency in San Francisco for at least 13 years

** Migrated to San Francisco between 1940 and 1996 and has proof of residency in San Francisco for at least 13 years

** Personally, or the direct descendant of someone, incarcerated by the failed War on Drugs

** Record of attendance in San Francisco public schools during the time of the consent decree to complete desegregation within the school system

** Descendant of someone enslaved through US chattel slavery before 1865

** Displaced, or the direct descendant of someone displaced, from San Francisco by Urban Renewal between 1954 and 1973

** Listed, or the direct descendant of, a Certificate of Preference holder

** Member of an historically marginalized group that experienced lending discrimination in San Francisco between 1937 and 1968 or, subsequently, experienced lending discrimination in formerly redlined San Francisco communities between 1968 and 2008
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2023, 09:41:27 AM »
Oh man... I love watching entire cities and a whole state moving forward with the Go Woke Go Broke action plan...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2023, 10:02:44 AM »
I kind of like the one about being the person, or related to a person jailed in the War on Drugs.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.