Author Topic: $223,200 per person reparations  (Read 7407 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
$223,200 per person reparations
« on: December 01, 2022, 08:25:22 PM »
A reparations committee in California has suggested that descendants of slaves in the state could be compensated $223,200 each for 'housing discrimination'.

The nine-member Reparations Task Force was formed by California Governor Gavin Newsom as part of the country's largest ever effort to address reparations for slavery.

And this is just for "housing discrimination".  They still have reparations for mass incarceration, unjust property seizures, devaluation of Black businesses and health care to decide on.

Bet the usual suspects will start screaming this isn't enough.

Gavin Newsom's reparations committee will recommend handing out $223,200 per person to all descendants of slaves in California for 'housing discrimination' at a cost of $559BN - in nation's biggest restitution effort ever
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11491263/California-reparations-committee-recommend-handing-223-200-descendant-slaves.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: $223,200 per person reparations
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 08:37:43 PM »
What's the documentation for proof of ancestry to show they are decedents of American slaves? If someone who's grandparents immigrated here from Africa post our slavery era were to get it, that would be interesting, since many of us whiteys are descendants of slaves on the European continent and should thus also be entitled.

Nevertheless, as long as it's just California, they can make it $1million per person and no ID required for all I care. In fact I would encourage pro-reparations blacks from all over the country to move to California and to take advantage of the program.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:44:17 PM »
How many slaves were in California prior to emancipation? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 11:16:21 PM »
How many slaves were in California prior to emancipation?
Maybe quite a few. The Spanish enslaved Indians, and people like convicts and Chinese laborers & prostitutes were also effectively enslaved. So if they want to do "the right thing" a WHOLE LOT of people OTHER than Blacks are also deserving of reparations.

This will be a great drawing card to attract groups from other states - maybe California will reverse the numbers on immigration/emigration and start growing again.

Oh, and one final thought - since requiring documentation (voter ID) to cast a ballot is discriminatory, so too will requiring documentation to prove one had an enslaved ancestor. (Family tradition holds that I had a great-great-multi-great grandpa name of Trayvon Kinte who was a slave in Old California . . . when do I get my check?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 07:19:33 AM »
Maybe quite a few. The Spanish enslaved Indians,

And Indians enslaved Indians. But it is forbidden to talk about that nowadays lest you be labeled a far right extremist MAGA facist.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 07:47:52 AM »
I'm Welsh. My ancestors were very likely enslaved by the Romans at some point in time.

I NEED TO BE MADE WHOLE!

If California, in their infinite wisdom, wants to flush that much of their tax payer's money down the toilet, that's their choice.

But how much do you want to bet that they'll come screaming to the Feds for loans to prop up the damage this is going to do to their budget?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 07:52:21 AM »

But how much do you want to bet that they'll come screaming to the Feds for loans to prop up the damage this is going to do to their budget?

That's a given
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 08:21:11 AM »

Sadly a consideration. I recall that Trump told them to get bent on a number of things, including the stupid bullet train, and then within a month of Brandon coming in, they got a big influx of money for all the handout asks they were previously refused.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 08:39:29 AM »
Sadly a consideration. I recall that Trump told them to get bent on a number of things, including the stupid bullet train, and then within a month of Brandon coming in, they got a big influx of money for all the handout asks they were previously refused.
I could see the rest of the country pitching in when The Big One* hits - that's a natural disaster, and they ARE Americans (of a sort) after all. But bailing them out because the idiot politicians the idiot voters put into office spent money idiotically? No. In fact, hell no.

*-that's an earthquake, folks.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 08:43:14 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2022, 10:30:10 AM »
Maybe quite a few. The Spanish enslaved Indians, and people like convicts and Chinese laborers & prostitutes were also effectively enslaved. So if they want to do "the right thing" a WHOLE LOT of people OTHER than Blacks are also deserving of reparations.

This will be a great drawing card to attract groups from other states - maybe California will reverse the numbers on immigration/emigration and start growing again.

Oh, and one final thought - since requiring documentation (voter ID) to cast a ballot is discriminatory, so too will requiring documentation to prove one had an enslaved ancestor. (Family tradition holds that I had a great-great-multi-great grandpa name of Trayvon Kinte who was a slave in Old California . . . when do I get my check?)
Gotta be careful with that "effectively enslaved" label.  That could widen the target audience to all sorts of poor people including Starbucks employees who have to work a whole entire 8 hour shift.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 10:44:17 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2022, 10:35:12 AM »
Gotta be careful with that "effectively enslaved" label.  That could widen the target audience to all sorts of poor people includes Starbucks employees who have to work a whole entire 8 hour shift.
Why wouldn't California include them (along with Amazon employees)? Drop a couple of hundred G's on them and PRESTO! Lifelong Democrat voters!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 02:01:03 PM »
A date that will live in infamy...

California officially became the 31st state on September 9, 1850.

That's all I can say about this matter.

And to think I was seriously considering moving out there in the late 1980s.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »
 according to some historians, the Irish were held in servitude/sold as slaves in the new world.
 but that's the long difficult route to reparations.
 I can easily move to CA, I live a half hour from there.....
    I'll just identify as black
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 10:53:56 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 12:13:19 PM »
What would taxes on $200k be like in CA?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2022, 12:16:07 PM »
What would taxes on $200k be like in CA?

I guarantee that they will make it free and clear dough, at least as far as state taxes are concerned.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2022, 02:07:47 PM »
I guarantee that they will make it free and clear dough, at least as far as state taxes are concerned.

Think about it.
Get the feds to foot most if not all the of the bill, CA then taxes it.
CA dems not only gets a massive voter bribe funded but also get a big $$$ windfall from the taxes. After a little skimming off the top of course.
Rinse repeat in every other state when their "ex slaves"  start whining
It's a win win win for the dems
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2022, 09:07:29 PM »
Think about it.
Get the feds to foot most if not all the of the bill, CA then taxes it.
CA dems not only gets a massive voter bribe funded but also get a big $$$ windfall from the taxes. After a little skimming off the top of course.
Rinse repeat in every other state when their "ex slaves"  start whining
It's a win win win for the dems
Hmmm . . . I wonder what it would take to chase the reparation gravy train from state to state . . .  >:D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2022, 09:21:21 PM »
Hmmm . . . I wonder what it would take to chase the reparation gravy train from state to state . . .  >:D

Asking for an ID and proof of residency is racist so......
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2023, 06:48:41 PM »
Black Americans are owed $14 trillion and economics is racist.
Oh and screw the natives only blacks matter.
They're also including time blacks have spend in prison in their calculations

The five ultra-woke economists who'll decide Californian reparations: Policy expert who wants $14 TRILLION to be paid across US, professor who says 'economics is racist' and couple claim Native Americans 'are irrelevant' for payouts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11590381/The-five-woke-economists-decide-Californians-pay-reparations.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2023, 07:37:42 AM »
The Romans repressed and enslaved my Welsh and Breton ancestors.

I demand reparations from Italian Americans.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 07:50:19 AM »
The Romans repressed and enslaved my Welsh and Breton ancestors.

I demand reparations from Italian Americans.
Rome is still there - it is the Eternal City, after all. So you should sue both Italy and Rome.

And . . . according to SCIENCE, didn't our ancestors ALL originate in Africa? So by rights, we ALL are due reparations.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2023, 09:20:47 AM »
I think that CA should definitely do this.

It would be hilarious!   =D