Author Topic: $223,200 per person reparations  (Read 7408 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: $223,200 per person reparations
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2023, 09:56:27 AM »
I think I heard North African slave traders may have enslaved more "whites" than the number of African slaves ever brought to the US.  Not sure there is any money to get from North Africa these days. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2023, 09:59:12 AM »
I think I heard North African slave traders may have enslaved more "whites" than the number of African slaves ever brought to the US.  Not sure there is any money to get from North Africa these days.

The history is settled
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2023, 10:38:38 AM »

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1178147/crude-oil-reserves-in-africa-by-country/

North Africa might be next on the list to receive democracy.  We just gotta finish up Eastern Europe first.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2023, 12:43:34 PM »

Supposedly, around 200K black slaves were imported to the English Colonies and the USA total.  Our black population decends mostly from this 200k.

"Up to" a million Europeans were kidnapped and shipped to North Africa (note these are probably mostly captured by Arabs and other North African Caucasians, not black Africans... and the exact number is obviously unknown).

There were a large number of black slaves imported to the Caribbean and South America... much, much more than were shipped to the English colonies / USA.  More black slaves were shipped to Jamaica than to the USA.

Regarding black African slavery:

The largest group of black slaves were owned by other blacks in Africa.  These tended to have more freedom than black slaves elsewhere, but they were also used for human sacrifice at times.  This is an interesting article about the practice:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/my-great-grandfather-the-nigerian-slave-trader

The second largest group were shipped by Arabs to the middle east and North Africa.  Blacks are not very common in the mid east today, because the Arabs would castrate the male slaves.  Arabs would breed with the slave women, so there is a genetic legacy of black ancestry in the Arabs, but since it is a relatively small percentage, not a lot of them are identifiable as black.

The next largest group of slaves went to South America and the Caribbean (I can't remember which got more).

The USA got the least, around 200k.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2023, 10:12:17 AM »
How about $1 million?

Oh and screw white homeless only black homeless matter.

Kamilah Moore, chair of California's Reparations Task Force, said black homeless people should receive the most aid through compensation for slavery 

Chair of California's reparations task force says black people are owed $1MILLION each, demands black HOMELESS are compensated for 'discriminatory housing practices' - and says the money will 'boost the economy'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11605393/Chair-Californias-reparations-task-force-demands-black-homeless-compensated-slavery.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2023, 11:15:17 AM »
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1178147/crude-oil-reserves-in-africa-by-country/

North Africa might be next on the list to receive democracy.  We just gotta finish up Eastern Europe first.

I think we should all make careful note of this prediction and check back in a few years.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2023, 07:38:06 PM »
Activist at slavery reparations meeting in California blasts the proposed $223,000 payments - yelling almost a quarter of a million dollars for each black resident is 'NOT ENOUGH'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11687177/Activist-California-reparations-meeting-slams-223K-proposed-payments-not-enough.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2023, 08:03:35 PM »
OK, I'm convinced . . . but cash payments are not enough. White man's money is worthless to people who've suffered so long and so terribly.

The proper restitution - the ONLY proper restitution for the legacy of slavery - is to return those affected to their ancestral homelands where they can finally achieve equality in a majority Black society which embraces their cultural traditions.

Repatriation, not restitution, should be vigorously pursued for those who think they're due something.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2023, 08:10:54 PM »
I'm at a point where I'd give the thumbs up to the $200K per person with the caveat that they must give up their US Citizenship and leave the US for any other country, with the requirement that they're banned from ever entering the US again.

I'm actually at the point where I would favor the same deal for ANYONE who constantly hates on the US and threatens to "move to Canada".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2023, 09:21:14 PM »
I'm at a point where I'd give the thumbs up to the $200K per person with the caveat that they must give up their US Citizenship and leave the US for any other country, with the requirement that they're banned from ever entering the US again.

I'm actually at the point where I would favor the same deal for ANYONE who constantly hates on the US and threatens to "move to Canada".

Probably would be cheaper in the long run.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2023, 10:19:36 PM »
Probably would be cheaper in the long run.

Is there a Go Fund Me set up?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2023, 10:29:16 PM »
I think we should all make careful note of this prediction and check back in a few years.

Maybe it depends on which multi-national corporation they sign on with.  Definitely something to watch.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2023, 08:46:09 AM »
OK, I'm convinced . . . but cash payments are not enough. White man's money is worthless to people who've suffered so long and so terribly.

The proper restitution - the ONLY proper restitution for the legacy of slavery - is to return those affected to their ancestral homelands where they can finally achieve equality in a majority Black society which embraces their cultural traditions.

Repatriation, not restitution, should be vigorously pursued for those who think they're due something.

About 25% of US blacks trace their paternal lineage to Europe, not Africa. So, if you allow that you actually you would probably get more volunteers from the "Europe is a paradise" set.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2023, 03:03:02 PM »
California reparations panel calls for ten prisons to be CLOSED, prisoners to be paid 'fair wage' and given the right to vote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11696863/California-reparations-panel-calls-compensation-given-prisoners.html

Time to build that wall......around CA
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2023, 03:10:33 PM »
California reparations panel calls for ten prisons to be CLOSED, prisoners to be paid 'fair wage' and given the right to vote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11696863/California-reparations-panel-calls-compensation-given-prisoners.html

Time to build that wall......around CA

Too late.  The Californication disease has already spread to other states.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2023, 03:15:48 PM »
Supposedly, around 200K black slaves were imported to the English Colonies and the USA total.  Our black population descends mostly from this 200k.

Could this be part of the reason there is so many problems in the black communities?  With that small a number, wouldn't there be too much "inbreeding" that can cause all kinds of genetic problems?  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »
Could this be part of the reason there is so many problems in the black communities?  With that small a number, wouldn't there be too much "inbreeding" that can cause all kinds of genetic problems?  [popcorn]
Not even close.  Even if a population of 200,000 were to exclusively interbreed and never receive genetic material from outside that group (which we know to not be the case) that is at least three orders of magnitude larger than is necessary to avoid most problems from inbreeding.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2023, 08:07:40 PM »

I've done some more reading, and I think I made a mistake.  The actual number of black slaves imported in to the colonies and the USA was more like 500k.  We did, however, still only get a tiny percentage of slaves exported from Africa

More black slaves were sent to Jamaica (1.02 million!) than the entire USA.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2023, 02:25:01 PM »
I have to  :rofl:

A famed Black Panther who's also a communist has faced calls to pay reparations after discovering her ancestors were white puritans who arrived in the US on the Mayflower.
And the stunning revelations sparked calls for the famously woke Marxist University of California professor to herself pay reparations, having previously called on whites to pony-up in the past.

Sharing a tweet about the show, conservative pundit Matt Walsh wrote: 'It gets better. She's also descended from a slave owner. On her father's side is a pilgrim. On her mother's side is a slave owner. Looks like Angela Davis owes some reparations.'

Another Twitter user called AK Kamara wrote: 'Angela Davis, the radical Marxist and former black panther, recently discovered she is also the ancestor of colonizers and slave owners. I guess she owes herself reparations. This timeline is hilarious.'
Notorious Black Panther communist Angela Davis faces calls to pay reparations after genealogy show reveals her ancestor was one of the 101 white Puritans who arrived in US on the Mayflower
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11784945/Black-Panther-Angela-Davis-discovers-ancestor-came-Mayflower.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2023, 04:01:37 PM »
Not even close.  Even if a population of 200,000 were to exclusively interbreed and never receive genetic material from outside that group (which we know to not be the case) that is at least three orders of magnitude larger than is necessary to avoid most problems from inbreeding.

Thread drift, and I can't recall if we discussed it here, or I read it in a science fiction story, but isn't there a minimum population cohort to populate/repopulate, say a planet?  I am thinking I read a story(ies) about colonizing a new planet or coming back after a mass humanity die-off, and the number was surprisingly small.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2023, 04:12:36 PM »
Thread drift, and I can't recall if we discussed it here, or I read it in a science fiction story, but isn't there a minimum population cohort to populate/repopulate, say a planet?  I am thinking I read a story(ies) about colonizing a new planet or coming back after a mass humanity die-off, and the number was surprisingly small.
I don't know how it applies to humans, and it heavily depends on the genetic diversity of the starting group, but IUCN says at least 50 geneticially diverse individuals are required to avoid problems related to inbreeding.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2023, 01:12:57 PM »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2023, 01:19:36 PM »
Think I could pass for black?

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2023, 01:24:41 PM »
Think I could pass for black?

And female
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2023, 02:31:27 PM »
Go for broke.  Claim to be a black female lesbian.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.