Author Topic: $223,200 per person reparations  (Read 7412 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: $223,200 per person reparations
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2023, 10:10:01 AM »
I kind of like the one about being the person, or related to a person jailed in the War on Drugs.

But only if they're black

I think the last total I saw was $640 billion.
Part of me wants them to vote this in and watch the city implode but only if this madness can be limited to SF.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2023, 10:37:27 AM »
I kind of like the one about being the person, or related to a person jailed in the War on Drugs.

That, and I wonder what the criteria are for being an ancestor of slaves. I thought every black person in the US is an ancestor of slaves.  ;/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2023, 11:16:13 AM »
"Part of me wants them to vote this in and watch the city implode but only if this madness can be limited to SF."

I want California to adopt it whole heartedly... I want to see the entire state collapse. They've come close, but this could be the thing that tips them into budget oblivion.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2023, 11:28:16 AM »
"Part of me wants them to vote this in and watch the city implode but only if this madness can be limited to SF."

I want California to adopt it whole heartedly... I want to see the entire state collapse. They've come close, but this could be the thing that tips them into budget oblivion.

Except Cali imploding will bring in the feds thus all US tax payers in as a whole and then the entire country implodes. I rather they learn this is a stupid idea before it gets out of SF and drag the rest of the country down with them. I rather remain a spectator and not become a participant.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2023, 11:38:31 AM »
It actually may not, especially if the Republicans control one or both houses. I have no doubt that Republicans would be more than happy to quash any attempted bail out.

Remember what happen to New York City when it went begging the Feds for money after years of absolutely stunning fiscal mismanagement.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2023, 11:42:02 AM »
Yeah, but even with R control, eventually a D will get back in. Refer to the stupid bullet train, which Trump put the federal fund kibosh on. Brandon tossed them money his first month in office.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2023, 11:49:18 AM »
"Brandon tossed them money his first month in office."

which wasn't even remotely the amount that had originally been proposed for the project, or what California was subsequently looking for.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2023, 09:02:29 PM »
California Passes $5 Million In Reparations For Black People Whose GIFs Have Ever Been Used By A White Person
https://babylonbee.com/news/california-passes-5-million-in-reparations-for-any-black-person-who-has-had-white-people-use-their-gifs
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2023, 10:28:56 AM »
Blackmail.

Vote-buying.

I hate cutting through the bullshit, but that's what it is.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2023, 07:07:56 AM »
$5 million is not enough. At least for "foundational black Americans", who basically built the entire world and propped up all other cultures.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/5-million-too-little-activists-tell-california-reparations-committee-aim-higher

HankB

• friend
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2023, 07:57:26 AM »
$5 million is not enough. At least for "foundational black Americans", who basically built the entire world and propped up all other cultures.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/5-million-too-little-activists-tell-california-reparations-committee-aim-higher
The only - ONLY - proper "reparation" for the activists who think they're owed something is permanent relocation/repatriation to their ancestral homelands where their cultural values will be properly appreciated.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2023, 05:37:22 PM »
Related

Target security guard slugs female shopper in the face after she demanded her $1,000 bill be paid by 'reparations' - before telling cops this was her 'Rosa Parks momen
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11960697/Target-security-guard-slugs-female-shopper-demanded-1-000-bill-paid-reparations.html?ico=related-replace
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2023, 06:23:30 PM »
Related

Target security guard slugs female shopper in the face after she demanded her $1,000 bill be paid by 'reparations' - before telling cops this was her 'Rosa Parks momen
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11960697/Target-security-guard-slugs-female-shopper-demanded-1-000-bill-paid-reparations.html?ico=related-replace

I watched the video last night.  I can guarantee you that Target asset protection dude is no longer employed by Target.  They would not support him engaging in self-defense, especially against a non-white person.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2023, 06:42:31 PM »
I watched the video last night.  I can guarantee you that Target asset protection dude is no longer employed by Target.  They would not support him engaging in self-defense, especially against a non-white person.

It might have been worth it.
"It's good, though..."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2023, 06:13:05 PM »
Karen gets what "Karens" deserve.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2023, 06:47:12 AM »
Just fire up the printers

California's reparations task force complains $800 billion figure is 'LEAST IMPORTANT' aspect of program - and slams media for reporting it
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11967489/Californias-reparations-task-force-complains-800B-figure-suggesting-dominates-headlines.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 10:30:12 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2023, 10:28:49 AM »
Just fired up the printers

California's reparations task force complains $800 billion figure is 'LEAST IMPORTANT' aspect of program - and slams media for reporting it
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11967489/Californias-reparations-task-force-complains-800B-figure-suggesting-dominates-headlines.html
When it comes to funding this obscenely racist idea, it wouldn't surprise me if California is trying to figure out ways to keep taxing people who flee the state, even if they no longer have assets there.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2023, 10:37:47 AM »
When it comes to funding this obscenely racist idea, it wouldn't surprise me if California is trying to figure out ways to keep taxing people who flee the state, even if they no longer have assets there.

They've been looking for ways to "back tax" CA expats for a long time. It's one of the reasons why, when I moved, my CPA convinced me to just sell my rentals and not run them from out of state or take a 1031 exchange, because it puts their mitts into you for as long as you own the property.

With the 1031 exchange, even longer. If I were to have done an exchange for property in Idaho, then whenever I sold the Idaho property, CA would hit me with taxes at that time, even 20 years from now, and who knows what CA capital gains will be then.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2023, 05:19:29 PM »
Can I edit the title?

Duke University professor says US needs to enact $14 TRILLION reparations program which would hand $350,000 to every black American descendant of slaves
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11991447/Duke-University-professor-says-needs-enact-14-TRILLION-reparations-program.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 05:44:24 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2023, 05:41:49 PM »
Reposting because, "Prove Me Wrong":
REPARATIONS

Ok, here's the deal, find a direct relative of mine who owned slaves. Note how far from me on my family tree that slave owning relative is.
Now, find the direct descendants of those particular slaves directly linked to YOU. Note their distance down their family tree that they are from you.
For every generation I am from each slave owner, divide by half. Example: my great, great, great, great uncle owned a slave. That would be 1/2/2/2/2/2 = 0.03125
For every generation you are from your direct relative slave, divide by one-half. 1/2/2/2/2/2 = 0.03125
Ok, let's say the 40 acres and a Mule promised to the slaves are worth ($3,020 X 40) + a   $1,500 mule in today's money would be   $120,800 +   $1.500 -   $122,300. Also, please note that the offer was " … each family shall have a plot of NOT MORE THAN (40) acres of tillable ground, and when it borders on some water channel, with not more than 800 feet water front" and that this was to be divided up amongst all the slaves from 400,000 acres of land. That is 10,000 40 acre plots, max BUT "Over 100,000 ex-slaves fought for the Union and over 500,000 fled their plantations for Union lines." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_during_the_American_Civil_War so a LOT of slaves are getting less or NO land.
Source: https://www.theroot.com/the-truth-behind-40-acres-and-a-mule-1790894780
The average cost of an acre according to: https://www.agweb.com/land/farmland-value-guide/
 "In 2015, the average acre in the United States sold for   $3,020."
The average mule cost in today’s money source: http://howmuchdoescost.com/how-much-does-a-mule-cost/).
That means my ancestor might owe   $122,300 to THAT SLAVE even though the GOVERNMENT made that agreement, not the slave owners so it’s the US Government and military you need to talk to.
This leaves your level of claim to be a maximum of   $122,300 X 0.03125 =   $3821.875
I say maximum because that was assuming only 1 child per ancestor. For each previous child between or next to you in your family tree, you would have to divide by 2 again to split the pot equally among the surviving kin so figuring a LOW average of two kids per generation, it actually would be smaller than 1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 or 0.0009765625 so that leaves you with somewhat less than   $119.44
Now MY responsibility of that amount would be a Maximum of   $119.44 X 0.03125 = $3.74. Of course, for each of my ancestor’s children between me and that slave owning kin would halve that number as well so you’re looking at closer to a MAX of 1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 or 0.00390625 X $119.44 which is   $0.47, IF you are lucky.
Bring me the genealogical proof and a full family tree for both of us and I will pay you on the spot.
© Copyright Speedy Mercer 4/2/2019

From Walter Williams http://walterewilliams.com/some-things-to-ponder/
Here’s something else to ponder: Democratic candidates for the 2020 presidential elections are calling for reparations for slavery or for the study of reparations. Senators Kamala Harris, Cory Booker and Elizabeth Warren are leading the charge. Slavery was a gross violation of human rights. Justice would demand that slave owners make compensatory payments to slaves. Since both slaves and slave owners are no longer with us, such punishment and compensation is beyond our reach.

So which white Americans owe which black Americans how much? Reparations advocates don’t want that question asked, but let’s you and I ask it. Are the millions of European, Asian and Latin Americans who immigrated to the U.S. in the 20th century responsible for slavery? What about descendants of Northern whites who fought and died in the War of 1861 in the name of freeing slaves? Should they cough up money for black Americans? What about non-slave-owning Southern whites, who were a majority of Southern whites — should their descendants be made to pay reparations?

On black people’s side of the ledger, thorny questions arise. Some blacks purchased other blacks as a means to free family members. But other blacks owned slaves for the same reason whites owned slaves — to work farms or plantations. Would descendants of these blacks be eligible for reparations?

Quotes from forum friends:

"These states joined the USA after 1865, so they were never slave states: Nebraska, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, Arizona, New Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii."
Wouldn't be right to take their (ancestor's) money.

"Not to rain on your reparations parade but since the LBJ Great Society and the his creation of the huge welfare state, we should take that into consideration as a payout in reparations and deducted from any sum based on Speedy's calculations."

"...the way I figure it, my obligation is actually negative, judging by how much of the taxes I, my parents, and my grandparents paid have gone to descendants of former slaves."

"You left out a Fair Tax on the payment as funds received,So now that is down another 40% or so depending where they live."

"I don't remember who said it but the illegal immigrant children called "Dreamers" are not held responsible for their parents actions & we should Give them citizenship. But we should hold the Great great great+ grandchildren responsible for slavery. And Make Them Pay!"

"They already collected the reparations in the form of freedom with over 500,000,000 white men dying to free the slave(s)..."

Looks like I will need a Ha'penny to make a proper payment...

Also, see: https://youtu.be/l5DqRXv8zE0
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2023, 06:14:02 PM »
Unfortunately you already invalidated your argument in it:

The average mule cost in today’s money source: http://howmuchdoescost.com/how-much-does-a-mule-cost/).
That means my ancestor might owe   $122,300 to THAT SLAVE even though the GOVERNMENT made that agreement, not the slave owners so it’s the US Government and military you need to talk to.

That is their plan, exactly.

get the states to run the debt, roll it up in something to big to fail, and punt the debt to the Fed so they can adjust the M1 cell on the appropriate spreadsheet.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2023, 06:37:47 PM »
"These states joined the USA after 1865, so they were never slave states: Nebraska, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, Arizona, New Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii."

While not yet a state in 1861-1865, the Indian tribes (5 Civilized Tribes) then residing in what was at the time "Indian Territory" were in fact owners of black slaves. I definitely think the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Osage and Seminole nation members will need to pony up for reparation's as well.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2023, 12:49:15 AM »
Unfortunately you already invalidated your argument in it:

That is their plan, exactly.

get the states to run the debt, roll it up in something to big to fail, and punt the debt to the Fed so they can adjust the M1 cell on the appropriate spreadsheet.

No, it still stands as indicating the amount an individual MIGHT owe another individual, or group of individuals, based on their lineage to each other and the slave/owner pair. Why does that matter? How much above that provable amount do you think you will be on the hook for when the tax man comes to bail out the govt who decided to pass out "reparations", willy-nilly, to everyone who claims to be an affected POC? Nope! Remember the Tea Party?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2023, 11:07:34 PM »
"$1.2 million is nowhere near enough. It should be starting at least $5 million like San Francisco," said one woman. "We want direct cash payments just like how the stimulus [checks] were sent out. It's our inheritance, and we can handle it."

But wait

"You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. You know what that number is. You keep trying to talk about now, yet you research back to slavery and you say nothing about slavery, nothing," said Pierce. "So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American."

Activists demand higher payments from California reparations task force: '$200 million' per person
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/activists-demand-higher-payments-calif-reparations-committee-200-million-per-person

Stay tuned
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2023, 07:30:00 AM »
Damn, I was just coming here to post that.

I really hope California's politicians are finally starting to realize what they've unleashed.

They're looking at state bankruptcy, mostly peaceful protests when they do run out of money, and very likely protests are aren't in any way, shape, or form mostly peaceful.

The sharks have smelled blood in the water and they're starting to work themselves into an absolutely frenzy.

$200 million? Why not $5 billion! That's what being a slave lost these people! Even though California was never a slave state in the first place...