Author Topic: Looks like they gave Willow the woke treatment and some Indiana Jones news  (Read 3841 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Give the project to Kathleen Kennedy. What could go wrong? She's done "great things" with Star Wars. Right?
Getting roasted in the comments section on Rotten Tomatoes

And on the IJ news rumor is Ford's IJ is erased from history and replaced with a woman and the previous moves didn't happen.

Everyone is gay! Willow 2022 TRASHED by fans! Another Disney disaster! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZPrm5yWf8k

Lucasfilm’s ‘Willow’ Audience Ratings In The Toilet, Described As “Farging Bestish Of A Crap Show”
https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/12/01/lucasfilms-willow-audience-ratings-in-the-toilet-described-as-farging-bestish-of-a-crap-show/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Looks like they gave Willow the woke treatment and some Indiana Jones news
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 10:58:58 AM »
Newsflash: Catering to 5% of the population gets you 5% positive ratings.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 11:28:01 AM »
And right on he heels of that

Enter The Critical Drinker
Appears the new and improved IJ character plot point leads into a new series

Indiana Jones 5 Trailer - The Rumours Were True
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8395JgNJ0sg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 11:40:28 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 11:42:59 AM »

Enter The Critical Drinker
Appears the new and improved IJ character plot point leads into a new series

The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was garbage, but it introduced Indy's son... who would make a logical character to take his father's place, rather than a woman.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 12:02:49 PM »
I guess they've still not learned their lesson from the all-women reboot of Ghost Busters.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 12:06:53 PM »
I guess they've still not learned their lesson from the all-women reboot of Ghost Busters.

It's like communism. It'll work this time because the right people are in  charge now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 01:51:51 PM »
Trailers are supposed to have some of the best scenes from the movie . . . if that holds true, from looking at the IJ-5 trailer, the full movie will be trash.

The wokesters will stay woke until someone cuts off their cash.

And, of course, they'll blame audiences who won't dine on the crap they're serving up.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 02:42:51 PM »

I've said it before, GB 2016 would have been better received, even if it was a lousily movie, if they had made the girls the daughters of the original GBers who were continuing the business. But no, they had to erase the previous movies, took a big fat dump on our memories and then to top it off called us bigots if we didn't love that piece of *expletive deleted*it movie.

I highly suspect much the same is going to happen here.
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 04:39:41 AM »
Trailers are supposed to have some of the best scenes from the movie . . . if that holds true, from looking at the IJ-5 trailer, the full movie will be tras.

The wokesters will stay woke until someone cuts off their cash.

And, of course, they'll blame audiences who won't dine on the crap they're serving up.

So I read this:

“What’s interesting is — I hope and I believe we’re at a moment where you’re going to see a paradigm shift in that. And hopefully, the way that it’s gonna happen is that these kinds of [queer] stories, particularly like this one, that were just organic to the narrative we were telling, find their way in, and it becomes less of a surprising and unusual thing to see.”

OK, I get it now.  You're pushing your agenda in this and future films and programs at the expense of your art.  Carry on.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 06:25:14 AM »

So I read this:

“What’s interesting is — I hope and I believe we’re at a moment where you’re going to see a paradigm shift in that. And hopefully, the way that it’s gonna happen is that these kinds of [queer] stories, particularly like this one, that were just organic to the narrative we were telling, find their way in, and it becomes less of a surprising and unusual thing to see.”

OK, I get it now.  You're pushing your agenda in this and future films and programs at the expense of your art.  Carry on.
Ignoring the recent Covid dip, ticket sales have been eroding for at least the last 20 or so years. Box office dollars are up thanks to rising ticket prices . . . until the numbers are adjusted for inflation. Inflation-adjusted box office numbers more or less follow the decline in ticket sales. You can take a look at some of the numbers here: https://www.the-numbers.com/market/

If they keep trying to cater to <5% of the potential movie-going customer base by making " . . . these kinds of [queer] stories . . . " at some point the decline is going to accelerate. With the internet, streaming, DVDs, etc., people aren't as desperate for theatrical entertainment as they used to be - and they don't want to be inundated with heavy-handed leftist social propaganda when they're seeking entertainment. And the MPA is pouring gasoline on this growing dumpster fire by putting in a requirement that in order to be considered for an Oscar, future movies will have to check off several DEI boxes. (FWIW, most recent Oscars have gone to crapola movies anyway. IMHO.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2022, 06:59:19 AM »
Ignoring the recent Covid dip, ticket sales have been eroding for at least the last 20 or so years. Box office dollars are up thanks to rising ticket prices . . . until the numbers are adjusted for inflation. Inflation-adjusted box office numbers more or less follow the decline in ticket sales. You can take a look at some of the numbers here: https://www.the-numbers.com/market/

If they keep trying to cater to <5% of the potential movie-going customer base by making " . . . these kinds of [queer] stories . . . " at some point the decline is going to accelerate. With the internet, streaming, DVDs, etc., people aren't as desperate for theatrical entertainment as they used to be - and they don't want to be inundated with heavy-handed leftist social propaganda when they're seeking entertainment. And the MPA is pouring gasoline on this growing dumpster fire by putting in a requirement that in order to be considered for an Oscar, future movies will have to check off several DEI boxes. (FWIW, most recent Oscars have gone to crapola movies anyway. IMHO.)

My wife and I go to movies quite frequently, when there is something we want to see playing. We have yet to be in a half full theater. We have yet to wait in the ticket and snack counter lines longer than 2-3 minutes. We have yet to have anyone sit in the seats next to us. The movies frequently spend very little time in theaters and they come out on streaming very quickly. Some go straight to streaming and skip the theater entirely.

If they want to go woke and then broke I’m not going to shed any tears when they drive everybody away.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 08:42:04 AM »
Had to look up "diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)."

I'm tired of being browbeaten and propagandized by all this woke bullshit.

I pride myself on being pretty egalitarian, lived with, worked with, schooled with a pretty wide sample of the population.

But I'm starting to resent people on account of this constant barrage of horse hocky and it's beginnng --I hate to admit it --to develop a strong post-judice in me toward some examples of the population.

Post-judice, rather than pre-judice, but it's morphing into the latter, I'm sad to say.

Very sad to say.

It's not Racism.  It's Pain-In-The-Assism.

Terry, 230RN

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 08:48:29 AM »
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was garbage, but it introduced Indy's son... who would make a logical character to take his father's place, rather than a woman.

The problem for me is they chose Shia LaBeouf as the son.  Nothing against him, but he was part of that trend in Hollywood where the star had to constantly talk for the entire movie and never shut up or give any moment of silence.  I hated that.  I sort of liked the first couple of Transformers movies, but that part bugs me.

One thing I heard the other day for Indiana Jones is they should just treat it similar to James Bond.  Just cast a new Indiana Jones and makes the series always happen in the 1930's.  There should be plenty of story potential just sticking with that. 

What I have heard of Willow so far sounds like some low budget DnD show. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2022, 11:52:01 AM »
Here's The Critical Drinker's opinion of Willow
Train wreck doesn't quite go far enough in describing it. Says it might actually be worse than ROP.

Willow - It's A Total Disaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRHR2Nou8A
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2022, 12:11:53 PM »
Get yourself a good popcorn popper. I recommend the Whirly Pop kind. Put it on a hotplate in your theater room, fire up the screen and amplifiers, get yourself an 82 ounce soda from the mini-fridge, and kick back in that reclining sofa...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2022, 12:12:52 PM »
The Critical Drinker does an Open Bar livestream with 3 or 4 others every couple weeks.  There is one today at 3 PM or so. 

Main news today is Warner Brothers cut ties with Henry Cavil for the Superman role and said they were going for a younger superman story.  I don't know if that means a Smallville reboot or some sort of younger looking skinny superman like they did with the recent Batman movie.  Most comments I have seen say fans want a mature Superman fighting the known villains not another origin story. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2022, 12:16:23 PM »
Any bets on the new superman being a gay, transvestite, nonbinary, furry?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2022, 12:25:12 PM »
The Critical Drinker does an Open Bar livestream with 3 or 4 others every couple weeks.  There is one today at 3 PM or so. 

Main news today is Warner Brothers cut ties with Henry Cavil for the Superman role and said they were going for a younger superman story.  I don't know if that means a Smallville reboot or some sort of younger looking skinny superman like they did with the recent Batman movie.  Most comments I have seen say fans want a mature Superman fighting the known villains not another origin story.

Yeah saw that. And that's after begging him to make an appearance in an after credits scene in Black Adam.  :facepalm:
Shame too, he was really good playing Superman. Him and Christopher Reeve are my favorites.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2022, 12:32:45 PM »
Meanwhile early reviews of Avatar 2 describe it as boring. Hearing it needs to break $2 billion just to break even.

BTW: I never even finished watching the first one. A been there done that story (Dances With Wolves Smurfs) and far too much reliance on eye candy to hold my interest
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2022, 01:13:30 PM »
Meanwhile early reviews of Avatar 2 describe it as boring. Hearing it needs to break $2 billion just to break even.

BTW: I never even finished watching the first one. A been there done that story (Dances With Wolves Smurfs) and far too much reliance on eye candy to hold my interest

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/avatar-2-is-finally-here-%E2%80%93-and-its-like-being-waterboarded-with-turquoise-cement/ar-AA15esVm

This does not inspire me to rush to a movie theater for the first time in 3 years.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2022, 01:20:01 PM »
"Dances With Smurfs"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never had the slightest bit of interest in seeing Avatar.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2022, 01:23:04 PM »
Henry Cavil is also apparently no longer The Witcher. They injected a little woke into The Witcher, but never enough to keep me from enjoying it. I'm wondering if that will change? They supposedly got Liam Hemsworth as his replacement.

I have zero plans on seeing Avatar 2, probably not even when (if) it's free to me on Netflix. Twelve years later? Come on, man. I didn't even really like the first one all that much from what I recall.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2022, 01:35:33 PM »
Henry said he was leaving Witcher to do Superman (ironic now) but the persistent rumor is he was getting into it badly with the writers because they were diverging more from the books than he was willing to.

Apparently he was quoted a couple months before leaving as committed to the full 5 or 6 seasons "as long as the show respects the source material".  Then after season 3 wrapped filming he left, so read into that what one will.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/avatar-2-is-finally-here-%E2%80%93-and-its-like-being-waterboarded-with-turquoise-cement/ar-AA15esVm

This does not inspire me to rush to a movie theater for the first time in 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mR3Gm-upA
Chris Gore said he liked it.  He said it had some problems the dialogue sucked, but he enjoyed it.  He said it was one of the few Hollywood movies in recent years with a decent father figure. 

That said, I have heard other people say it was too long and boring as well.  Shadiversity put out his review this morning. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn6HiX9m2HY

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2022, 02:07:50 PM »
Henry said he was leaving Witcher to do Superman (ironic now) but the persistent rumor is he was getting into it badly with the writers because they were diverging more from the books than he was willing to.

Apparently he was quoted a couple months before leaving as committed to the full 5 or 6 seasons "as long as the show respects the source material".  Then after season 3 wrapped filming he left, so read into that what one will.
I only watched the first season, but liked it mostly.  Henry Cavill fighting monsters and a good looking sorceress who gets naked occasionally.  I have heard that all goes away and it is all about the women.  It also came out the writing team all hated the Witcher books and games and made fun of it while Cavill was a big fan of the story.  I imagine he was a bit frustrated.